• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Which was/will be more fun?

Which will/be/is more fun?

• Total voters
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have a level 41 Bowmen in orginial Latale version. I just want to know what is the private server client IP so i can play or is it out yet?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not trying to take anyone's opinion away but MapleStory is boring and I recall it a bad game. All you basically do is grind, get pots, do quests, and then your out of mesos. The community isn't that bad, but they aren't to great, even though some people are very nice.

Sounds exactly like every MMORPG out there.
La tale is not original at all, it stole from maplestory and in my opinion made it less fun.
The controls are annoying, The graphics are a plain ripoff of MS as well as the backgrounds.
The quests are reptitive as hell.
The grind is TERRIBLY boring, MS= way more fun grinding.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
tbh maplestory was good back in the day were 3/4 of the community hacked :p but now that nexon is closing down some of offices, their games are going to be much crapier, so LaTale got my vote.

Edit: if LaTale stole the ideas of of Maplestory why does it actually look like your a person and not some kid?
1. you can pick your job right off the bat
2. more character creation (ex. hair)
3. Easier to lvl
4. TOTALY different equipment/ shops/city's
5. There's barely any hackers (from what i saw)
6. And basically there is no fights over ksin, there plenty of monster's
7. The controls (are clumbsy) but good to get used too, sooner or later maplestory will die.

My conclusion: Latale barely copied from Maplestory

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have to say that after playing maplestory for years on in, LaTale feels A LOT more fun, I just <3 Bards.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
DEFINITELY Lunia and Grand Chase. Lunia's overall game play completely kills Maple Story.. Problem is Lunia just needs more advertising. I brought many people from other MMOs {especially Maple} to Lunia and they just couldnt stand to play Maple Story anymore. xD I found Lunia somehow a long time ago and actually got an invite to the english Alpha Testing of the game and have played it ever since.

Maple Story is way over rated in my opinion. Game play sucks. Damage from being touched/touching an enemy is sooo old it should be obsolete. The skills fail along with the controls.

La Tale just looks like it will fail. Game play looks bad.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey I've played Granchase Too! :D That was a fun Game But I choice LaTale Becuase It has the same system, but everythings so much cooler. and I mean they actually care for they're players(unlike MapleGlobal D:) and MAKE! Events. which Really keeps the game going for me, and I actually want to buy the fashion stuff, because it acutally looks like it'd be worth it!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
While every gets an opinion some of the reasons people posted are the stupidest things ever to grace my vision....Latale has more unique classes than Maple Story? It has the same freaken classes with different names...Second there is no 3-D feel at all to Latale or Maple Story. There aren't any hackers in Latale? There are Vackers all over the place. I think Maple Story is better paced too to tell the truth. While Latale has three branches for weapon skills and you only get new ones I imagine at lvl 80 when you get the class change where as Maple Story rewards you at lvl 30, 70, and 120 with new skills. Second the private servers of Maple Story give it the slight edge right now. I love how they subtract the grind and let you get all the cash shop items you could ever want. Maple Story's controls also feel slightly more responsive (Maybe just to me.). Hard to say which game is really the best until a proper Latale Private Server is finally released. Lunia is actually the most lacking in diversity. The skills are usually one per ten or more levels and the official is extremely laggy even on my 10mb connection. Add to that the lack of gender and character diversity. You want to be a Puppeteer? Too bad you have to be a little girl. Want to be a Warrior? Well your stuck being a guy girls. Want to have a character that looks different? Well the Hitler of Lunia won't allow any originality. I dunno seems sorta like a step backwards more than a step forward in Action Mmo's.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
While every gets an opinion some of the reasons people posted are the stupidest things ever to grace my vision....Latale has more unique classes than Maple Story? It has the same freaken classes with different names...Second there is no 3-D feel at all to Latale or Maple Story. There aren't any hackers in Latale? There are Vackers all over the place. I think Maple Story is better paced too to tell the truth. While Latale has three branches for weapon skills and you only get new ones I imagine at lvl 80 when you get the class change where as Maple Story rewards you at lvl 30, 70, and 120 with new skills. Second the private servers of Maple Story give it the slight edge right now. I love how they subtract the grind and let you get all the cash shop items you could ever want. Maple Story's controls also feel slightly more responsive (Maybe just to me.). Hard to say which game is really the best until a proper Latale Private Server is finally released. Lunia is actually the most lacking in diversity. The skills are usually one per ten or more levels and the official is extremely laggy even on my 10mb connection. Add to that the lack of gender and character diversity. You want to be a Puppeteer? Too bad you have to be a little girl. Want to be a Warrior? Well your stuck being a guy girls. Want to have a character that looks different? Well the Hitler of Lunia won't allow any originality. I dunno seems sorta like a step backwards more than a step forward in Action Mmo's.

Lots of good points in here...Lunia SUX...I hate MMOs where your forced to be the same as everyone else...its a stupid concept.

Maple beats LaTale in ever category EXCEPT security...(whcih I really dont care about anyway. Do what you gotta do...:thumbup1:)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Personally I do like a lot of things in both Latale and Maple Story. I think if a slightly high rate Latale Server shows up it will dominate most of my time for a while. Personally I can never tell the difference in Security, but I thought Gameguard was the industry leader? If I'm not mistaken Maple Story uses it and Latale uses something else. I think Latale is just too new for you to see a large number of hackers. I ran across a few in my short tour of the official server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Voted for LaTale, Enjoy there game interface and gameplay better.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried out lunia, damn I got bored the first day.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I voted for latale. It would be more fun if it wasn't such a grind. I really like doing instance dungeons with party members.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
LaTale got my vote, I love it. Fun to play, easy grinding and a overall good community.

Reaction score
I've actually played all 3 MapleStory LaTale and Lunia.. Maplestory was hella boring even on a private server... Latale was pretty damn fun for a "childish cartoony game". Lunia was also pretty fun until you get to the higher stages. than its the same thing over and over. =/ My vote was toward LaTale.

Latale - 63 engineer

Lunia - 80 ryan

Maplestory - 12 cant remember too boring.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the reason why ms sucks is cuz, 1st from lvl 1 to 15 lvling easy but after 16 its like frigging 6hrs to level, 2nd it is too hard to make money, 3rd you got no choice but to scam ur way to make friggin 5k ("LMAO" right?), 4th to get a simple item in market is like....415m for just a brown glove, 5th quest and drop rate is just ridiculous. And latale...good ol'latale u have just gata try it..it puts all 2d side scrollers to shame, with its adorable graphics and (next post)

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

it takes just 1hrs to get to lvl 30, aaand its easy to make money just have 10k with you and mine for ores make low level items and npc them, u make more cash as u level im lvl 73 and i got 29m just from selling special items, oh and grinding doesnt start till lvl 70-80-85 if u know high lvl people just ask for advise, and u get lotsa money and exp from quests at lvl 60 u get like 200k ely (CASH) and 500k exp from quests

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Latale: each class has weapon options, a new attack skill at Lv 20, 40 and 60 and 80 (upgraded Lv 1 attack skill) you can either skill cycle or do your own attack style, t's your choice. Every time you do level you can butt points to passives and yes leveling fairly easy until Lv 70, take that MS, then you just do quests, yes quests to the next level. Also you can farm for equipments and earn money aka Ely and actually grind to the next level without xp modified.

lastly unlike MS, you have to actually move and attack w/o staying in place, yeah MS has some movement but Latale has both attack styles and you choose which skill you want to combo together. Btw it's not mashing a skill over, it's choose long and short range for the right monster, sometimes you have do one over the other.

fini :):

Back