Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Who's still here?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey m8.
I am playing gunz from 2004, I just created 2 servers, my own sources, own development!
If you interest to make gunz live again, creating a server to back the nostalgia AGAIN!
I'm ready to start a new project..

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
im back from 2003 still miss and wanna play and dev this game . Im starting convert Server Source/MSSQL to Nodejs/Postgresql for ez development . Who wanna join

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
there is already more servers than players, you guys would be better off joining a community already running, there is atleast 4 more servers in the making already that are not finished, that i know about just myself lol, myself having one :D

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Contact me bra.
i dont' use skype bro , do u have telegram or discord

there is already more servers than players, you guys would be better off joining a community already running, there is atleast 4 more servers in the making already that are not finished, that i know about just myself lol, myself having one :D
I know it but the problem is currently server/client is hard to extends and implements, so i wanna convert server to nodejs/postgresql for more flexible , ez develope new features

MSSQL / Windows Server is too expensive and hard to scale bro

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm ready to start a new project..

Why not make a project of helping beginners? Some of us are very motivated but need a kick starter. I've already spent hundreds of hours trying to jump into the code, and I've made progress, but I'm still overwhelmed and haven't made as much progress as I think I should have for the time I've invested.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I played this game when ijji was a big thing, when its servers were always full and I had to keep double clicking on the server in order to get in fast when someone leaves.
I remember the fun game styles players developed for themselves in the game (Att & Def, hide & seek, IG, IS...etc), and that outfits really mattered as armor and health, and having to wait "item of the day" for the discounts on G-Coins.
This game brings such great memories for me and my childhood, as I really enjoyed playing it, and the friends I made, I was really sad when I had to leave ijji because it was dying and move to Euro Gunz (named Universe Gamers Gunz afterwards). However, I remember the excitement I had when I found out that the items there, were bought with game bounty and not g-coins (real money XD).
It led me to this website and to learn more and more.
I still am friends with some of the people I met there, and I still have some fun playing it with my friends from home and aboard (I have a server for us only, and for some LAN parties). Yet, I still miss that game and the good times I had, and the things I learned from it.
GunZ: The Duel <3

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice to see some replies and people remembering the good time!

Why not make a project of helping beginners? Some of us are very motivated but need a kick starter. I've already spent hundreds of hours trying to jump into the code, and I've made progress, but I'm still overwhelmed and haven't made as much progress as I think I should have for the time I've invested.

I really hope you haven't spent hundreds of hours reviewing code and not made much progress... :')

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I played this game when ijji was a big thing, when its servers were always full and I had to keep double clicking on the server in order to get in fast when someone leaves.
I remember the fun game styles players developed for themselves in the game (Att & Def, hide & seek, IG, IS...etc), and that outfits really mattered as armor and health, and having to wait "item of the day" for the discounts on G-Coins.
This game brings such great memories for me and my childhood, as I really enjoyed playing it, and the friends I made, I was really sad when I had to leave ijji because it was dying and move to Euro Gunz (named Universe Gamers Gunz afterwards). However, I remember the excitement I had when I found out that the items there, were bought with game bounty and not g-coins (real money XD).
It led me to this website and to learn more and more.
I still am friends with some of the people I met there, and I still have some fun playing it with my friends from home and aboard (I have a server for us only, and for some LAN parties). Yet, I still miss that game and the good times I had, and the things I learned from it.
GunZ: The Duel <3

Good old times!

Upvote 0
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
convert server to nodejs/postgresql for more flexible , ez develope new features

MSSQL / Windows Server is too expensive and hard to scale bro
Think again if you believe a single-threaded resource hogging scripting language called NodeJS is more scalable than C++.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Think again if you believe a single-threaded resource hogging scripting language called NodeJS is more scalable than C++.
I second this. C++ gives you all the flexibility you need. NodeJS is utterly useless for coding in GunZ. If you want to use NodeJS, keep it to your web scripts lmfao

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Rofl Jet. I was just scrolling through your Blitzkrieg post the other day LOL. Nice to see you're still around m8
You almost had it done, the pathing was finished, what stopped u?

Upvote 0
Back