• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Will The Ati Radeon HD 4870 x2 gfx Card Work On his Sysem?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, I Got This Gfx Card The Other Day And Was Wondering Weather The Ati Radeon HD 4870 x2 Card Will Run/Run Well On My Pc Spec

Processor: Amd Athlon 7550 Duel Core Cpu Overclocked At 3.0GHZ
Ram: 4GB DDR2 1066MHZ (Some Random Make Purched A Novatech)
Power Supply: 700w "Gameing"
Motherboard:Asus M2N68-AM PLUS (I Know It Sucks)
One HDD
One DVD-RW Drive

Thanks

Reaction score
Well sure it will work with everything, but it depends on if your PSU is able to handle it or not. 700W is enough, but i have never heard of that brand so it may be some dodgy cheapo brand which might not be able to power it.

Also weather or not it physically fits into your PC is purely dependent on how big your PC case is.

Reaction score
It would work but the CPU would defiantly bottleneck it. My QX6700 @ 3.0ghz bottlenecks it. Also the card does pull a lot of juice. So make sure your CPU is actually putting out 700w. And make sure it fits into the case. The card is very very long.

NoPeace - out

Back