Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 7 64 bit installation fail :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently fucked up my laptop (Windows 7 64 Bit) and stupidly formated the main partition.. Lost the factory file /dumbshit and now I'm stuck with a 32 bit version of windows where my laptop drivers aren't compatible with it. I'm trying to install Windows 7 64 bit but I'm getting this error (Note that I have tried about 10 CDs and nothing is working) I get the error:

"Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files requred for installation are avaliable and restart the installation.
Error code: 0x80070017"

Any ideas? I really dont want to pay $93 for a recovery CD that'll come in 5 weeks.

Thanks all,
Daniel

Reaction score
Try this, it's a legit & legal version of Windows 7 Home premium x64 (you'll still need your Win 7 Home Premium Serial key)

Then download the Microsoft USB Tool and 'Burn' the .ISO above to that USB flash drive (has to be at least a 4GB drive).

It will install 5 times faster from USB than it will from a DVD, i've done a full install from reboot to new login screen in 15 minutes.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To be honest Rishwin, I've already tried that. The same .iso is already on my desktop, along with the Microsoft Windows 7 Burn tool :/

But thanks for the reply :)

Reaction score
I know for a fact that .ISO works because every PC in my house uses it.

So there are only several things which would cause that problem:

1. You burnt it to DVD at a too high speed
2. Your download was corrupted
3. Your flash drive has a problem

I would try re-downloading that .ISO, it's possible that your download was corrupted, it happens when downloading large files via direct download. Also make sure you're using the USB 2.0 ports or higher.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know for a fact that .ISO works because every PC in my house uses it.

So there are only several things which would cause that problem:

1. You burnt it to DVD at a too high speed
2. Your download was corrupted
3. Your flash drive has a problem

I would try re-downloading that .ISO, it's possible that your download was corrupted, it happens when downloading large files via direct download. Also make sure you're using the USB 2.0 ports or higher.

Hmm, thank you. I'm downloading it again and getting a new clean USB I bought to put it on :) I'll let you know~

Daniel

Reaction score
That .iso works. I've installed Win7 from USB on all PC's in my house with no problem.

IF you want to activate an inactive OS get Windows Loader.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Omfg Rishwin. Thank you so much!! Tried it with a new USB and redownloading the ISO and it worked! Sooo happy thanks a lot :) You were right, it's way faster.. :)

Thanks again,
Daniel~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back