Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i would'f find more in Windows 8 but it's what i see at Apple since it's tablet and i don't see why they'd remove the explorer if it's still gonna look the same eitherway the interface is nice.
 
jyap1021 - Windows 8 - RaGEZONE Forums



I've used the windows 8 developer preview.. it's crappy.
 
Windows 8 has almost the same kernel as Windows 7 , even methods to find KPCR that are suppose to be unqiue to Win7 work on Win8,

Additionally the new startmenu (that boxy thing above) is horrible. otherwise its Just Win7 with extra crap added. such as your computer user account is your MSN Hotmail/Live account (if you have internet access).

There is a bunch more I could go on about but its best left, how ever Microsoft said they are changing the memory footprint of Win8 so this is likely to make a drastic change to the kernel. hopefully for the better.
 
Windows 8 has almost the same kernel as Windows 7 , even methods to find KPCR that are suppose to be unqiue to Win7 work on Win8,

Additionally the new startmenu (that boxy thing above) is horrible. otherwise its Just Win7 with extra crap added. such as your computer user account is your MSN Hotmail/Live account (if you have internet access).

There is a bunch more I could go on about but its best left, how ever Microsoft said they are changing the memory footprint of Win8 so this is likely to make a drastic change to the kernel. hopefully for the better.

This is an OS built for Tablet PC's with Apps etc. The logging on with hotmail accounts can be disabled, when you install the OS you can choose to have a local account as a pose to an online synced account.
 
What ever you people say. I have been using it since public developer preview came out.
Everything that worked for win7 works on win8. I guess microsoft will include desktop and tablet versions so maybe desktop users will have old start menu. Even if they don't, I still like it.

So piss off :rolleyes:

P.S. Weren't people complaining about vista -> 7 changes too?
 
I am sorry sir but you are stupid.

Windows 8 is somewhat same as windows 7 except it has some functionality for tablets, thats why you see new start menu. Also about picture. You can have freely re/sizeable windows.

Yes I know you can have those, the touch version of it sucks though when used with mouse, since it includes both of them and happens to be the first one active, guess it will be cool with a touchscreen?
 
not gunna' lie but i'm dead excited for windows 8, it's going to be huge!
Not really.... Personally I hate it. The metro UI is bullshit.

Its like they took Windows 7, made stuff look a little more fancy, and added a GUI that is similar to modern day phones. Yeah, **** that.
 
Metro is genius.. for tables and touchscreens. I'm looking forward to how they handled it on pcs and notebook(without huge touchpad).

Windows 8 Consumer Preview wallpapers leak ahead of grand debut | The Verge
Well there are already touch screen monitors that are Win7 compatible, so I'd imagine it would use similar if not the exact same technology.

I don't really care how much they optimize Metro for desktops tbh. If it doesn't support the traditional desktop view then I don't want it. I just hope they won't force users to use metro in future versions of windows.

I understand metro on tablets, but it should be a "Windows 8 Mobile" edition instead of being packaged as a default feature tbh. Windows 8 Home, Professional, Ultimate, and Mobile with metro. My bad if thats how they are going to sell it, I'm not really keeping up with Win8.
 
Well there are already touch screen monitors that are Win7 compatible, so I'd imagine it would use similar if not the exact same technology.
W7 was never made for touchscreen, it's faaaaaaar faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from touch friendly, unlike W8.

I don't really care how much they optimize Metro for desktops tbh. If it doesn't support the traditional desktop view then I don't want it. I just hope they won't force users to use metro in future versions of windows.
Huh? You can get to the tradition desktop view with a press of a button..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back