Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I had this same poop on my phone.
Nothing much, you can get a launcher that looks the same for Android.
I had the developer preview about 6 months ago.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been using consumer preview for few days now and I like it so far.
At first, like others, I was against Metro and couldn't stand the lack of conventional start menu but after removing all apps and slightly reconfiguring/ rearranging everything I must say that its awesome!
Metro allows for much better organization and accessibility. While it is slightly recourse hungry I find it to be a perfect replacement for all docks programs which in turn actually gains you some resources (since you don't need to run any docs or such).
In general I'm enjoying Win8/Metro already. (and I love the new boot loader)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
According to microsoft, windows 8 requires roughly the same specs as windows 7 except for a bit less hard drive space, and is supposedly quicker on weaker systems than 7

I've read that in the final version the explorer should be modified, I hope they finally add Tabs to the explorer to make it easier to keep order in a mess of open folders when working on multiple files at once

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Going to give the metro poop a try tonight.

Does it work well across multiple monitors?
Yes it does. There is, for example, added support for multiple wallpapers (for each display).
Also, I like how the taskbar spans across all screens, with some setting, showing icons for items currently opened on that specific screen Very convenient and clean.

PS.
works perfectly fine on win8

Last edited:
Reaction score
never cared much about that tbh. I just find wallpapers that are made for dual screens lol.

I wonder if it would be worth it to purchase a touchscreen monitor when Win8 releases. Hmm...

Personally, I think it would. It's clunky using it with a mouse and keyboard. I still hate how Windows 8 feels like two different operating systems. It's so confusing switching from regular windows to the metro-style.

Reaction score
As that article describes ... Windows 8 is more like an OS for Alien mother ship than my good old Pentium 4. Solid state drive? Photon circuits? I couldn't even afford a normal SATA hard , how about Solid state drive xD And that's not just me , at least 70% of people don't care to buy a brand new PC each time they introduce new technologies.

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The Metro UI start menu is pissing me off. But I didn't like Aero couple years back.

On other hand windows server 2012 looks decent in terms of interface

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.