• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Windows Explorer Problem.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello,

Recently I have been experiencing alot of problems with my laptop. It is about 3 years old, and It has never experienced this problem. Everytime I try to copy, move any files , Windows Explorer Crashes. (The window of the green bar moving to show the progress of the copying pops up and then it just stops responding and crashes). This is fixed, when windows explorer has been restarted.

Scenarios I have Tested:

Deleting Files from my desktop to the recycle bin -> Crashes if the Window Pops Up

Deleting File that is already In Use -> Crashes

Moving files from USB to PC -> Crashes

Moving files from PC to USB -> Crashes

----

I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, but recently Windows Updates has also been failing the updates (multiple times) and I am not sure if this has to do with anything.

I've ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Scans, and it came back as perfectly normal.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What version of Windows?

Sounds to me like a failing HD. Try this.

Microsoft said:
  1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
  2. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
    The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

To check and see if you have a corrupted profile create a new user on your computer and try to copy something...if it doesn't crash explorer then its a corrupt profile.

Have you tried TDSKiller?

Being Windows Update stopped working it could be a Rootkit that has removed the Windows Update services.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi monolith, I tried the microsoft thing, did not work it said Microsoft Resource Protection cannot process it or something

as for the guest account thing, yes i was able to copy and delete with ease, is there a solution to this corrupt profile?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Back