Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WINE on Android

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just imagine mu server on nexus 7 ^^ I know it's a long way when my dream comes true but...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know you are old and you dont want to play mu online anymore, but i'm thinking this is going to be awesome, have your own server in a drawer, with not too expensive maintenance

Reaction score
I dont understand why you want to host a server on a mobile device?
Sure the mobile devices today is able to host servers but Im not sure why?
The battery life for example. It is very limited.
And if you reply with "I will just plugged it 24/7" beats the purpose of having a physical server in the first place.
Mobility? I highly doubt as well.
Players won't want to play on servers that gets Online for a matter of hours and then turned off, while waiting to be charged back in.

Really, I dont see the point of having a server in a mobile device.

Edit
Nonetheless, I like this news. Its very very useful. It will be the downfall of Windows Mobile (I think).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont understand why you want to host a server on a mobile device?
Sure the mobile devices today is able to host servers but Im not sure why?

Why? Maybe it's just me but I love mobile devices. Any new information about it I'm getting excited. lol I had a netbook, then mini itx, then a tablet, and now at the moment i will wait for further info about the wine for android. Maybe there is no point of having server on tablet for you, but for me ? maaan. perfect life. ^^

Reaction score
Specifically, why will you start a MU Server on a mobile device? I dont get your point why you want that.
Is it not you want to create a server on a VPS or a Physical Machine to avoid problems?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Firstly, low electricity bills or unoticeable increase of your electricity bills. Secondly, 3G slot as protection in case of problems with the global network. Thirdly, you can bring the tablet-server with you (as addition) in must take cases^^ Fourthly, joke mode - home is on fire, you take tablet with you. I would have to possess one of these servers, to search for more advantages. Can't look forward when its happen.

Old? I'm in my 20s, secondly, I didn't say nothing about Mu Online.

In that case I take back what I said :)

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know nothing about MU, but if it runs on Linux then you already have at least two options to run a server:

1) Linux distribution on Android (I've seen Debian roughly a year ago)
2) Raspberry PI

Back