[WIP] Scrider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
trunksx - [WIP] Scrider - RaGEZONE Forums

hi there, i will try to recreate this legendary boss maybe i will include new skills or the old ones.
Wish me luck :thumbup1:!

Last edited:
2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Were these development files leaked as well? lol.

I'm sorry if I'm a little skeptical, I just have never seen any of your work, and simply showing a max render along with some viewports and a base painted UV map doesn't convince me very much.

From what is done the texturing is pretty beautiful, if this IS yours completely, I don't understand why you don't have something actually textured in your photoshop screen rather than that icky red with some yellow and black lines. You are showing off no, why not show off something that actually kinda shows what you're made of?

Basically, it is easier for me to believe that MAIET half finished an NPC and you found the leaked files than you created this from scratch, why? If you have this much talent, I have no idea why you are in this section.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Were these development files leaked as well? lol.

I'm sorry if I'm a little skeptical, I just have never seen any of your work, and simply showing a max render along with some viewports and a base painted UV map doesn't convince me very much.

From what is done the texturing is pretty beautiful, if this IS yours completely, I don't understand why you don't have something actually textured in your photoshop screen rather than that icky red with some yellow and black lines. You are showing off no, why not show off something that actually kinda shows what you're made of?

Basically, it is easier for me to believe that MAIET half finished an NPC and you found the leaked files than you created this from scratch, why? If you have this much talent, I have no idea why you are in this section.

Actually the red part is totally unfinished and almost all the chard is unfinished
but this is the just the up-body, btw I need to finish

btw i like doin stuff with photoshop and 3d max
look
lol
btw, im aint good at all, im noob just wachthin tutorial on youtube for texturing like thise guy is amazing

Last edited:
Daemonsring Developer
Reaction score
The model seems nice, the texture isn't really.
It must be more like broken golem, anyway goodjob!

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just answer me this, why are all the faces triangulated? If this was really created by you in max, there is no reason why you should have had this triangulated in this stage.

Also, I see a random shard in front of the guy, you may want to remove that or put it back where it goes :wink:

Whatever the case, I must thank you for piquing my curiosity, that doesn't happen very often.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Just answer me this, why are all the faces triangulated? If this was really created by you in max, there is no reason why you should have had this triangulated in this stage.

Also, I see a random shard in front of the guy, you may want to remove that or put it back where it goes :wink:

Whatever the case, I must thank you for piquing my curiosity, that doesn't happen very often.
Actually I dont know everything about max, but the triagulated faces was creating while I was modeling, actually i took me a long time to do some of the parts separately
like this

i had to do a lot of prototype to get what i want, as a mesh it just creatig the triangulated faces when i used uv map.

btw i was learging maya some time ago, in some way is better than max

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually I dont know everything about max, but the triagulated faces was creating while I was modeling, actually i took me a long time to do some of the parts separately
like this
i had to do a lot of prototype to get what i want, as a mesh it just creatig the triangulated faces when i used uv map.

btw i was learging maya some time ago, in some way is better than max

I have no clue what you are talking about lol.

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just give us the dev files and let others like HellSniper or Wucas finish it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Just give us the dev files and let others like HellSniper or Wucas finish it.
these files are mine ...i started some time ago and I pretend to finish it

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Your pretending to finish it?

He means that those files are his that he started a while ago but he pretended that he finished them.

I have no clue what you are talking about lol.

I think he means he had to make many different kinds of models until he finally got what he wanted and the triangulated faces were not intentional, it just happened.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
animating

Next step and for the purpouse of this thread, i ll try to introduce new movements (like cq) because the normal quest's AI are very dumb, so if anyone have some clue to start could help me :p, btw as far i researched i found this:
void ZBrain::Think( float fDelta)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very nice model... But if someone would walk up to me like that I wouldn't be scared at all and probably laugh at him.
That is what MAIET did when they started modeling scrider, they laughed out loud.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It must be as big as golem to scare the poop out of me and if he spawns like directly infront of my face and not by running at me,I would ROFL.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
What new movements are you talking about? what is CQ? By the way very nice animation ^^!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Next step and for the purpouse of this thread, i ll try to introduce new movements (like cq) because the normal quest's AI are very dumb, so if anyone have some clue to start could help me :p, btw as far i researched i found this:
void ZBrain::Think( float fDelta)

There is no need for this a new class for the control of the model,
there will come more complication and bugs.
it suggest to try first the size of that model in every single quest map, on the animation picture it looks very huge.

Nice models, keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back