Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

Wondering about error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[root@ryancasey08 cabal]# service cabal start
Starting GlobalDBAgent: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
-bash: /usr/bin/GlobalDBAgent: Permission denied
WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
[FAILED]
Starting GlobalMgrSvr: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
-bash: /usr/local/bin/GlobalMgrSvr: Permission denied
[FAILED]
Starting CashDBAgent: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
-bash: /usr/bin/CashDBAgent: Permission denied
[FAILED]
Starting DBAgent_24: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
-bash: /usr/bin/DBAgent_24: Permission denied
[FAILED]
Starting ChatNode_24: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
-bash: /usr/bin/ChatNode_24: Permission denied
[FAILED]
Starting WorldSvr_24_01: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
-bash: /usr/bin/WorldSvr_24_01: Permission denied
[FAILED]
Starting LoginSvr_01: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
-bash: /usr/bin/LoginSvr_01: Permission denied
[FAILED]
Starting GlobalDBAgent: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
-bash: /usr/bin/GlobalDBAgent: Permission denied
[FAILED]
Starting GlobalMgrSvr: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
-bash: /usr/local/bin/GlobalMgrSvr: Permission denied
[FAILED]
Starting CashDBAgent: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
-bash: /usr/bin/CashDBAgent: Permission denied
[FAILED]
Starting DBAgent_24: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
-bash: /usr/bin/DBAgent_24: Permission denied
[FAILED]
Starting ChatNode_24: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
[FAILED]
Starting WorldSvr_24_01: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
[FAILED]
Starting LoginSvr_01: WARNING: initlog is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
[FAILED]
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root

Was wondering how to fix this, I followed video to a tee, only thing was i didnt have LoginSvr_01 and a couple others in my serverfiles.

chmod (change permissions), locate those files, and set permission to 777 or 755, restart service, observe. the initlog errors goes hand in hand with later versions of centos, so don't mind it, or if you really want to get rid of it, downgrade your centos to 4.6 version.

Upvote 0
chmod (change permissions), locate those files, and set permission to 777 or 755, restart service, observe. the initlog errors goes hand in hand with later versions of centos, so don't mind it, or if you really want to get rid of it, downgrade your centos to 4.6 version.

I tried that, same thing only one file says Ok, i did 777 and also, im using a linux box from theplanet.com i think its running redhat... Not sure if that matters :S

Upvote 0
I tried that, same thing only one file says Ok, i did 777 and also, im using a linux box from theplanet.com i think its running redhat... Not sure if that matters :S

Sorry for the double post but...

this is what it says now after chmodding everything....

[ OK ]
[ OK ]
[ OK ]
[ OK ]
[FAILED]
[FAILED]
[FAILED]
[root@ryancasey08 cabal]#

Upvote 0
Back