Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

World Of Warcraft and PvP

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hi.

I've never played on the retail version of wow before, and have no idea how pvp is suppose to work.
I have ideas on how it's suppose to work:

You enter arena and pvp is enabled, then people can fight other players in a mass brawl?

When you see people in the game, you can pick an option to attack them?

War battle fields "don't know if they work on mangos correctly or not"
You go in and have a game of CTF basicly "capture the flag"

I've played alot of other mmorpgs, and most of them have certain areas where pvp is aloud, and safe zones, or a certain item/equipment lets you become a pvp. "Kalonline assasin mask"

These are just ideas that I have of how they work, but realy have no clue.
So if anyone can explain to me how it's all suppose to work, I would be greatful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How PvP works depends on server tip.

Look to read more about PvP.

There are 4 tips of PvP servers (PVP,NORMAL,RP,RPPVP)

Also, these is options in mangod file to set what type of server will your server be.

And i dunno is PvP system correrct on mangos.

P.S. I've just realised that PvP sytem changed a lot since 2.0.1. version so i dont know will this post gonna help you at all.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
How PvP works depends on server tip.

Look to read more about PvP.

There are 4 tips of PvP servers (PVP,NORMAL,RP,RPPVP)

Also, these is options in mangod file to set what type of server will your server be.

And i dunno is PvP system correrct on mangos.

P.S. I've just realised that PvP sytem changed a lot since 2.0.1. version so i dont know will this post gonna help you at all.

I know what all the settings are, I wonted to know how it works in retail, not private servers.

As in how the pvp system works.

Back