Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Xampp issues, can't run Rohan private server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,
I have rohan private server and managed to get DBserver, logserver and Mapid server to work just fine, but I can't get Xampp to work so I am able to register an account, what happens is once I register an account on the webpage, the page would time out and return nothing, because I think Xampp is unable to connect to the database, now I think I setup everything correctly.
There is a confusing thing that is going on here, if I setup my SQL instance as default and thus the instance ID would be the computer name, Xampp would work, but then DBserver would not connect to the database, while if I resetup SQL and go with custom name, Xampp would not work as stated above and DBserver would work.
so I am left confused as to what is causing the issue, each time I would redo the SQL I would edit the registry files properly.

SOLVED: the issue is solved kind off with a work around, so DBserver would refuse to start if the SQL server name is set to default which is "DESKTOP-2D8HKLT" the desktop name essentially, while Xampp would work with that, while if I remake the SQL with custom made instance name such as rohanserver then DBserver would work with "DESKTOP-2D8HKLT\rohanserver" used in register and Xampp wouldn't work with "DESKTOP-2D8HKLT\rohanserver" set in dbcon and regfix config, the workaround is Xampp was reading the server name wrong due to the "\" and had to write the server name as follows instead "DESKTOP-2D8HKLT\\rohanserver" this way both DBserver and Xampp would work.
I still have no idea what DBserver wouldn't work with (local) or "DESKTOP-2D8HKLT" set in registry as a name.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,
I have rohan private server and managed to get DBserver, logserver and Mapid server to work just fine, but I can't get Xampp to work so I am able to register an account, what happens is once I register an account on the webpage, the page would time out and return nothing, because I think Xampp is unable to connect to the database, now I think I setup everything correctly.
There is a confusing thing that is going on here, if I setup my SQL instance as default and thus the instance ID would be the computer name, Xampp would work, but then DBserver would not connect to the database, while if I resetup SQL and go with custom name, Xampp would not work as stated above and DBserver would work.
so I am left confused as to what is causing the issue, each time I would redo the SQL I would edit the registry files properly.

SOLVED: the issue is solved kind off with a work around, so DBserver would refuse to start if the SQL server name is set to default which is "DESKTOP-2D8HKLT" the desktop name essentially, while Xampp would work with that, while if I remake the SQL with custom made instance name such as rohanserver then DBserver would work with "DESKTOP-2D8HKLT\rohanserver" used in register and Xampp wouldn't work with "DESKTOP-2D8HKLT\rohanserver" set in dbcon and regfix config, the workaround is Xampp was reading the server name wrong due to the "\" and had to write the server name as follows instead "DESKTOP-2D8HKLT\\rohanserver" this way both DBserver and Xampp would work.
I still have no idea what DBserver wouldn't work with (local) or "DESKTOP-2D8HKLT" set in registry as a name.
try to name it the same as your database

Upvote 0
Back