Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[XBOX] Microsoft banning live id's.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I found this interesting because microsoft are ramdom banning people, people who aint modded there consoles got the ban hammer. Discuss!

1. How long you exspaced the ban hammer?
2. How did you get ban ;D ?

More you can add!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So people who "aint modded" there console are getting banned?

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Alot of people claim that there console has been banned for no reason. I guess, Microsoft just wants money.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I've not been banned, neither have any of my clan, neither have any of my friends thats probably a good 100 people who I know who haven't been affected by this issue. Microsoft don't have 'errors' in there banning system as its not automated.

Lewis.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They will ban consoles which are hacked or modded for sure. Its weird, My friend played his xbox for over 2 months online without getting banned and most people get banned after weeks or days. (His console is hacked).

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For one can you please give us the link or source you got this from???

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice, getting ban for no reason...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Alot of people claim that there console has been banned for no reason. I guess, Microsoft just wants money.

'people claim' ..microsoft have various reasons for banning xbox live accounts, playing games before the release date, playing japanese demos (apparantly, I know people got banned for playing RE5 :/) also those people might have had complaints against them, enough complaints = ban. I've never heard of anyone having their account banned for no reason, and if it was banned they would be on the phone to microsoft to find out why.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I agree, playing leaked or games which aint been released will result in ban. I have not got any friends which consoles have been banned. Also, Its not just the IP and membership which gets banned, Its the console it self. Any preventions for this? I know someone who played there console hacked for 1 year over without getting banned on live.

Reaction score
You still haven't supplied a source of this claim.

Anyway people always claim it was unjustified. I used to be part of a dueling clan in Diablo 2 of which the members were supposed to be legit (no hacks, no dupes and no outside programs), nobody used hacked items, no one used "real" dupes (most items were getting duped, but we were mostly talking about extremely rare stuff that was obviously duped), and we thought nobody used outside programs. But when Blizzard ban shitloads of people we lost about 7 members who used maphack etc... now those people kept claiming they didn't use maphack or anything like that, but seeing as Blizzard double checked their work and still couldn't find any errors in their bannings, 2 of them admitted they did use maphack, some still claimed they didn't cheat while others just dissapeared.

Basicly people will claim lots of stuff to not sound like a cheat.

Reaction score
Pretty much what has already been said - people will of course claim that they didn't cheat ect, even when they did.

As for preventing from having the actual console banned... get it hacked. They will have to change the NIC on the 360, or somehow spoof it to use another MAC address.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually my console got banned for no reason at all. I didnt even use my xbox for months and it randomly got banned. Microsoft wouldn't tell me why it got banned so I stopped using xbox live.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ill supply a source later on on this. Well, one person here got banned. I guess many more have for no reasons.

Reaction score
As part of our commitment to our members, we do not allow people that we have detected to have modified their console to connect to LIVE. This is an important part of our efforts to try and maintain a fair gaming environment for the large majority of gamers that play by the rules.

This topic is more important than ever given the recent release of the Halo 3 beta. As a result, some consumers that try to login to LIVE who we detect have illegally modified their console will get an error code (Status Code: Z: 8015 - 190D) when trying to connect to the service. These users will not have their account automatically banned from LIVE, but they will no longer be able to access the service from the console they modified.

This includes small things like fans and cases apparently. Another way they are finding out, is that they are pinging each console pretty much, and ones with faster than normal responses are being banned, because the legal "normal" firmware is not able to respond that fast. One more way is that they are checking all cache on the systems and if they find data which obviously (they can tell) comes form pirated or leaked games, it is banned. This poses HUGE problems to anyone who wants to buy a 2nd hand console from ebay ect. Once banned, the console is gone; it will never connect to live again.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
My friend got hit by this a couple of days ago, bastard deserved it though he modded L4D so he could 1hit tanks ;D

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I agree, No ones buys these kind of consoles of ebay, only if its a collect near by one. Getting caught is like end of the world for some people.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My friend got hit by this a couple of days ago, bastard deserved it though he modded L4D so he could 1hit tanks ;D

Who the hell mods L4D. Its soo easy and the levels are short, You can easily rush through Dead Air in 30 mins even on Expert. Tanks.... they may be trouble but they are still easy. I got all my achievements within a week. :) And No, I did not boost. I was on break and playing nearly 24/7

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wtf? They are?
Er... that's pretty messed up, just for money eh?

Back