Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

xp/vista problem

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So i made the mistake of buying a premade computer .. it came with vista and i wanted to dual boot xp.
When i try to boot from my xp cd it starts loading the setup but before it actually reaches the installation menu my computer blue screens with a stop error 0x0000007B.

I'm not sure how to solve this problem, i thought maybe vista was somehow stopping it so i disabled my HD and tried it again and got the same problem.

Don't know what to do, it's driving me insane =P help !

edit: I don't care about my vista, i don't even want it.. i just want xp back. I'm also using a SATA HD so i thought perhaps that might be a reason for conflict too. My computer is around 3 months old.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
well you tried to overwrite the vista install with the XP one and a newer OS will not let you downgrade to and older one :)

so
first
partitionthe main OS into half so you then have C;vista D:XP
the restart the pc and boot off the XP cd and install it on the D partiton and it should work

-kip

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm i tried partitioning it as well - still didn't work =\

i was reading around i thought maybe it could be because i need to 'press f6 to install driver' or whatever.. but i don't have a floppy disk drive so i want to be sure before i go out and buy one :p
I asked some guy at a computer store.. he said just format and it should be fine, though it didn't sound too convincing..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If it's BSODing on the CD installer, then it sounds to me like the CD is broken. Try downloading a copy of the same windows and burn it to a CD, then use your windows key to install it (Perfectly legal.)

Back