Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

xsd schema problem

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Apparantly quest_data.xsd is finding all the reasons not to work, it doesn't like anything i do and what AI suggested. Apparantly AI is pretty stupid also, and keep giving me the same advices even that same advice caused another error later.

So first i had:
ERROR[main]: - Error at [line=649, column=170818410]: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'category_name' is not allowed to appear in element 'quest'. For for no reson, and now, besides other eerrors i had, and tried to fix, i now have this one, even if AI gave me advice to make playerClass a simpleType:

16:35:07.831 ERROR[main]: - Error while getting schema
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: sch-props-correct.2: A schema cannot contain two global components with the same name; this schema contains two occurrences of ',playerClass'.

And as you can see below declaring every thing a simpleType, didn't helped me to get rid of validation errors.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<xs:schema version="1.0" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <xs:include schemaLocation="../global_types.xsd"/>
    <xs:include schemaLocation="../import.xsd"/>
    <xs:include schemaLocation="../items/item_groups.xsd"/>
    <xs:simpleType name="BonusType">
        <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
        </xs:restriction>
    </xs:simpleType>
    <xs:simpleType name="playerClass">
        <xs:simpleType name="Race">
    <xs:simpleType name="IntListType">

I absolutely have no idea, what can cause this, this .xsd just don't let me run a server, i can only run it with an original quest_data.xml and quest_data.xsd from 5.8, but this way i won't have quests in Katalam i added in my modified quest_data.xml

For those who might be wondering: "Why is this guy even mentions .xsd?"

Here's my conversation with AI that i started in the first place cause of Aion Game Emu error:
ERROR[main]: - Error at [line=649, column=170818410]: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'category_name' is not allowed to appear in element 'quest'.

AI:
Here are some suggestions:

1. Check Surrounding Code:
    • Look at the lines before and after line 649. The error might be related to another part of the XML file.
  2. Search for 'quest' Elements:
    • Use a text editor or IDE to search for instances of 'quest' elements in the quest_data.xml file. Verify that the 'category_name' attribute is not being used where it shouldn't be.
  3. Review Error Message:
    • Ensure that the error message is accurately reporting the location of the issue. Sometimes errors reported at extreme column numbers may indicate a parsing or encoding issue rather than an actual problem at that column.
  4. Check XML Schema or Documentation:
    • Refer to the XML schema or documentation that defines the structure of quest_data.xml. Ensure that the 'category_name' attribute is not expected or allowed for the 'quest_drop' element.

Of course out of everything else i thought about quest_data.xsd first, because its in the same folder as quest_data.xml.

Surrounding Code from line 640 to 650:

Code:
  <quest id="1166" name="Contaminated Samples" nameId="1102336" minlevel_permitted="14" max_repeat_count="1" cannot_share="true" race_permitted="ELYOS" category="QUEST">

<collect_items>

<collect_item item_id="182200538" count="10" />

</collect_items>

<rewards gold="14840" exp="38220" />

<quest_drop npc_id="210200" item_id="182200538" chance="100" drop_each_member="1" />

<quest_drop npc_id="210201" item_id="182200538" chance="100" drop_each_member="1" />

<quest_drop npc_id="210130" item_id="182200538" chance="100" drop_each_member="1" />

<quest_drop npc_id="210131" item_id="182200538" chance="100" drop_each_member="1" />

<quest_drop npc_id="210194" item_id="182200538" chance="100" drop_each_member="1" />

</quest>

What could caused this issue? category_name id is the same as quest id? Looks very unlikely to me

Last edited:
Back