Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

XTrapUpdate Server by Dexter

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
You are unfortunatelly right, it sort of a doesn't work with the new version of Xtrap.:grr:
For some reason it worked well with the 5350 version.

You mean the last CS3 in /home/br_369_0404.CS3 works with 5350?

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
I doesn't work, sry. I have mistakenly set .CS3 as .cs3.
Like x30unlimited said, it is client related and not Xtrap version related. :(:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Uh,
i have some problems here.
Using SIMP client and cleaned the x-trap folder and did it with updated files. i get this error:

"Code_field [10-0300-00000000-103]
X-Trap engine update has been failed. Please, re-start the game"

Its working till step 2. then the error occures.

What is the problem ?
i just extracted the files to the root directory but it won't work. host file edited and using WAN or LAN ip doesn't make any difference.

Greetings
MOT7

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It should be on webserver... Example if you are using windows just downlaod a xampp or appserv, put XTrapUpdate directory into htdocs / wwwroot directory and put your local ip (127.0.0.1) into hosts...

damnit.
ok, i understand. personal failure. i thought it has to be on the "server" aka. the oracle box itself.
never worked with x-trap till now. i'll do that, thanks for your reply.

Greetings
MOT7

Edit:

Everything works fine now. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i've tried already this set-up with own xtrap server but it's not good because a cheater can use their own hosts file with other IP address for them to be able to use an injector with bypass.dll and WH.dll. when they can bypass the xtrap, they can use cheat engine.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I agree with it that this is an alternative way if BR server will be down again.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So did anyone manage to decode how to change the address to our own server ip in the cabalmain? I did try some modification of my own but failed.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
here's an update:

i've also figured out a way to hook the string unpack function in c++
Code:
<void (__cdecl*)(char*,char*)>(0x00A090B0)
all i did was brute-force it since i can't seem to reverse it ... and this way managed to make my own string, also seems only the second part of the string is relevant, tried using different first parts and it worked well, this is the start of second part "0F7D04245" (http:) good luck

btw: CS3 files aren't relevant to version or whatever, they are made based on client (cabalmain.exe) so u better code ur won x-trap version check ... also from what i know, no1 managed generate at least 1 ... so the only option, if you want x-trap server-side, is to use simp client :) packed

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
to add CS3 check we need to change xtrap encryption key and CS3 hash in cabalmain. For the xtrap version i think we can add xtrap files in xdata and every time when xtrap get update we need to update xdata too.

Reaction score
here's an update:

Code:
all i did was brute-force it since i can't seem to reverse it ... and this way managed to make my own string, also seems only the second part of the string is relevant, tried using different first parts and it worked well, this is the start of second part "0F7D04245" (http:) good luck

btw: CS3 files aren't relevant to version or whatever, they are made based on client (cabalmain.exe) so u better code ur won x-trap version check ... also from what i know, no1 managed generate at least 1 ... so the only option, if you want x-trap server-side, is to use simp client :) packed

You have did me happy :) With your Proxy filter, you can do a server<->client dll which check version and MD5 for xtrap files and if not match than just drop all incoming packets...This i think so enough...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
you can do a server<->client dll which check version and MD5 for xtrap files and if not match than just drop all incoming packets
it's doable, but at the moment i don't have a decent understanding of encryption and how it should be applied to network communication, imagine i need more then a ping-pong packet ... since that can be replicated, just like the x-trap heartbeat :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how to use your function?

here's an update:

Code:

how to use that function??? <void (__cdecl*)(char*,char*)>(0x00A090B0)

AbS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is there anyway to completely remove the need of xtrap from Cabal client?

Back