Your dream job?

I'd probably want to work for myself my whole life. The idea of building something from the ground up and having the freedom to make my own decisions is really appealing. Plus, being my own boss means I can create a work-life balance that suits me, and I wouldn't be tied down to someone else's schedule or rules. As for wealth, I don't need to be a billionaire or anything. I'd be happy with enough to live comfortably, travel, and support my family without stressing about money. Financial freedom is the goal – having enough to cover my needs, indulge in a few wants, and save for the future. I'd want enough to invest in my hobbies, take care of emergencies, and maybe give back to the community in some way.
 
I currently work as software engineer with a pretty nice salary. I am saving up enough (need roughly 15k) to get my PPL (Private Pilot License) as a hobby but could also pick it up as a career. Never to late for that.
 
I currently work as software engineer with a pretty nice salary. I am saving up enough (need roughly 15k) to get my PPL (Private Pilot License) as a hobby but could also pick it up as a career. Never too late for that.
That’s dope. I signed up for flying lessons years ago and never followed through - still regret today!
 
As a job, I thought of many things, but couldn't decide on one. I'm a person who's a mix of a math oriented mind because I really like numbers and precision, math and algorithms aren't complicated to me but I'm also decent with social skills and groups. I'm not great at either but I balance them out okay. I often do well with people so I thought about becoming a teacher but I also thought about working in IT, which I'm currently trying to get into the market as I'm still in college. I've been making a game and crafts as side hussle for the last year, and worked with completely different fields like HR and tech support, that were non-programming related, so I'm still pretty bland on programming on a professional level.

But my life goal is to work with robots, I always wanted to build robots and sort of give them life, as a kid I've read a magazine where they introduced the "Nao robot", a robot that plays with kids and do all sorts of cool things. They're still active today in Japan, I saw from livestreams they're in malls in Japan, first time I saw the news about this robot was in like 2009, 2010... Maybe 2008... I wanted to make these robots and work on the science field of robots. As a hobby I think, don't really want a boss telling me what I should do, I want to make my own.

As a job, really, I don't know, anything that's freelancer because you are truly "free" and getting paid for working from home.
 
I have been doing my dream job for over half of my current life.

Working as a developer is not everything most would hope for, constantly clocking in and out was easy.

Managing other developers is an eternal hell that spins into burn out more so if your are dumb enough to switch from hourly to salery pay. They will work you to death and not pay you a dime more after that.

Started freelancing less money at times but life's been good again. Money vs never a free second in the day? Yeah less money is fine.

Just saying Information technology as a whole is not what they tell you at college in practice. Go Figure a college lie and charge you too much for everything 🤣.

I would still do it as I work on so many random projects anymore freelancing is so funny and fun most of the time.

Pornography websites are funny to me so is updating old stuff that could be remade easier and less cost in many cases full backwards compatibility. Talking Front-end work though backend work tcp applications can be annoying.

Just a funny tidbit for anyone with computers as a focus aha
 
Operating system quality assurance; I've seen wild stuff as an end-user that shouldn't have passed dev :p
This is so freaking true, most of the time when things get passed through to the end user its because of people far above the development team.

not always but i have been forced to push through bugs and security issues its pretty insane.
 
Who would you like to work for your whole life? What kind of wealth do you need?
I’ve been working on distributed and real-time systems for almost 10 years. I love my job, and solving scalable backend challenges has become my daily source of dopamine. However, after all this time, I’ve realized that my true passion lies in game servers, and I’ve been thinking about moving into this field for quite a while now. especially mmo backend
 
Who would you like to work for your whole life? What kind of wealth do you need?








El trabajo de tus sueños cambia mucho a medida que vas ganando experiencia en el sector tech. Al principio muchos soñamos con ser dev lead o fundar una startup de videojuegos, pero con el tiempo te das cuenta de que la verdadera meta es lograr un buen equilibrio entre vida personal y laboral, remoto total y proyectos que no te quemen con crunch innecesario. Tras pasarme horas picando código, resolviendo bugs y pensando en el crecimiento profesional, me gusta desconectar la mente viendo deportes en directo y mirando cuotas en betcris bono de bienvenida ¡Un saludo y ojalá todos alcancen esa meta!
thanks for the information!
 
Last edited:
I’ve been working on distributed and real-time systems for almost 10 years. I love my job, and solving scalable backend challenges has become my daily source of dopamine. However, after all this time, I’ve realized that my true passion lies in game servers, and I’ve been thinking about moving into this field for quite a while now. especially mmo backend
sir i want to be with you someday.
 
Back