Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Youtube now has subscription service for no ads.

xHosts.uk - Windows & Linux VPS - Cosmic Guard
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Well what can you really expect, they will milk every way possible to make a few extra pounds from something. No doubt they will add a way to chrome's adblock that youtube and other google related websites will bypass the adblock giving users no other option other than pay the fee at some point.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think Youtube has to be more clear on how this will affect youtube channels which have partnered with youtube, just like ron said:

If this were to affect their revenue greatly, I'm most likely against it. Since YouTubers don't really sell their videos and not many of them make live shows where they generate income unlike bands and other artists (some just ask to be sent money via Patreon or whatever as an extra way to revenue), I don't know if a Spotify-like way of them making money would be fair enough. I think all we can do is wait and see if YouTube explains how it will make up for the channels in the partner system.

Slightly off-topic:

No, you are wrong actually, I had AdBlock installed on my Android for a while.
And well, while the advertisement companies are always updating their IPs, websites are adding scripts to block out users who use AdBlock on their sites and other such things, there's another way to block advertisement completely, by pulling out the ADB database and manually adding it to your Hosts Files, since most scripts just ask you to NOT have the browser extension running and they can't really know if you are blocking out adverts another way.

hosts files can be found on:
• Windows: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
• Linux/UNIX/Android: etc/hosts (system/etc/hosts
• OS X: /private/etc/hosts
(Can also be done on iPhones)

And if you're cheeky enough, you just use your own DNS server.

They try to change the way the ads are displayed so ad-block doesn't see them as ads... This is primarily on the Desktop site though. However adblock will always just update to continue blocking on youtube

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Should have been added when the video ads where introduced.
Then maybe less people would have downloaded ad-blocking software because it was less known back in the days.

Back