Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Blue screening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
This is a problem that has happened to me before in the past and was solved by removing and replacing burnt out RAM. However this blue screening problem is recurring again. It only ever happens after start-up. I can log on and shut down some background programs i.e. Steam and when I try to open Firefox my computer decides to blue screen.

The most recent time I took note of the error code 'nvlddmkm.sys' and was wondering if my RAM has possibly burnt out again? I do do rather memory-intensive tasks (Minecraft :p:) and my computer has frozen a couple of times when running Firefox and Minecraft. So should I replace my RAM and maybe beef it up from 2GB?

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Well I'll need to see if it blue screens again tomorrow, seems to have a tendancy of doing it once a day only :L

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is a problem that has happened to me before in the past and was solved by removing and replacing burnt out RAM. However this blue screening problem is recurring again. It only ever happens after start-up. I can log on and shut down some background programs i.e. Steam and when I try to open Firefox my computer decides to blue screen.

The most recent time I took note of the error code 'nvlddmkm.sys' and was wondering if my RAM has possibly burnt out again? I do do rather memory-intensive tasks (Minecraft :p:) and my computer has frozen a couple of times when running Firefox and Minecraft. So should I replace my RAM and maybe beef it up from 2GB?

nvlddmkm.sys is a Nvidia driver. Try updating your drivers. Chances are it crashs because FireFox has that new GPU acceleration capabilities that rely on the driver. You would know if the driver is the problem if you tried running anything GPU intensive (ie video game) with the same results.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Well reinstalling my graphics card drivers hasn't solved the problem and now there's a new error code (see attatchment).

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well reinstalling my graphics card drivers hasn't solved the problem and now there's a new error code (see attatchment).

Usually this is a problem with RAM.Try removing 1 stick of RAM.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Learn to google :D

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's what fixed it last time however I only have 2GB RAM which is impossible to run Win7 on

That's a mighty dodgy looking download right there.

I looked over it and I somewhat agree.
Have you ever run ccleaner?
It may help touch up your registry

Just saying but you should take the error code and shove it into google xD

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Replacing my RAM solved the problem last time (and the problem last time was due to overheating RAM) so should I possibly consider investing in some RAM sticks with heatsinks? i.e ?

edit: never ran ccleaner but I'll give it a bash!
edit2: only got some shitey trial version that looks like it does nothing

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Replacing my RAM solved the problem last time (and the problem last time was due to overheating RAM) so should I possibly consider investing in some RAM sticks with heatsinks? i.e ?

edit: never ran ccleaner but I'll give it a bash!
edit2: only got some shitey trial version that looks like it does nothing

Don't bother buying new rame until you have tested what you have thoroughly. Download and run at least one pass across your memory. If it comes across just one error that means the stick is no good as ram is fickle. If it does come up with an error then test each piece one by one until you find the culprit. Then just replace the bad with new. Trial version CCleaner? The programs completely free... Check your machine over I bet you got a rootkit or something triggering the bsod.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That's what fixed it last time however I only have 2GB RAM which is impossible to run Win7 on

That's a mighty dodgy looking download right there.

Lol i have a pc with 1 gb ram and it can run win 7...

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
I reckon it's a rootkit. I'm just gonna do a fresh installation of Win7, might aswell clear out the unnecessary crap anyways!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Why dont you download a rootkit cleaner instead of formating?

Aww, you looking here? <3
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ah well... when worse comes to worst, you can always have it be a blue screen back drop to have your CGI's and effects projected on...

Junkers - Blue screening - RaGEZONE Forums

.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back