Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to add an item (ex. Costume)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
This is a step by step guide on how to add a costume to your server.

To begin you'll be needing some stuffs:
- Sweetscape 010 Editor (google is your friend)
- 010 Templates by Yamachi
-
- !! create backups !!

UPDATE: Here's the korean item.dec which I've corrected so all you need to do is copy the data to your item.enc without the 00 stuff. I've also reworked the guide a bit.

For this tutorial we'll be adding the item [Costume]Nevareth Pirate Outfit.

1. Getting the needed info.
To add an item we need the data for our files and we'll get that out of the korean test client. I've added all you'll need in the rar for this item so don't worry you're not on your own yet.

Open up the korean cabal_msg.dec and find "item2570".

You'll see some gibberish there but if you go to View -> Character Set -> international -> Korean you'll see Hangeul.
Using google translate won't amount to much but if you listen to the spoken words in korean you can make out Nevareth Pirate. Sometimes google translate is good but mostly not. This way you can try to find out what the item would be.

We now know 2570 is the costume and if you would check 2571 is the epaulet. The epaulet is the version of the costume that goes in the epaulet slot and which we'll need to link to in cabal.enc but that will all be clear in a min.

2. Editing item.enc
Now we know the item id of our costume: 2570 & 2571 so let's open up the korean item.dec and load & run ItemENCTemplate to get a nice structured view.

Go to id 2570 and copy the selected data. Go to your unpacked item.enc and run the template. Go to the last id and scroll down so you can paste right behind that.

Not needed with the updated file BUT you will have to do this if you ever add items from the korean test client from the unedited item.enc
Code:
    Since EP3 there is a little change in the item.enc so run the template again so it shows 
your newly pasted data and unfold that and scroll to "unit 32 dSTR2". 
Add 00 right infront of that and scroll down to "ubyte PeriodUse" 
and delete 00 after that.

[url]http://www.upload.ee/image/1336379/sct3.png[/url]
[url]http://www.upload.ee/image/1336380/sct4.png[/url]

Now change the ItemID and DescID so they are the same as the last ID in your item.enc. In my case this is 1458 but this does not mean it's the same as yours.

Repeat these steps for item 2571.
Save and repack.

3. Editing item.scp (server)

Open up your item.scp and scroll down a bit untill you see.
Code:
[Item]	Type	PriceSell	Width	Height	Opt2/STRLmt1	DEXLmt1/Opt2Val	INTLmt1/Opt3	Opt3Val/STRLmt2	DEXLmt2/Opt4	INTLmt2/Opt4Val	AttckRate/Opt1	DefenRate/Opt1Val/PhyAttMax	Defense/LEVLmt/MagAttVal	ValueLv	MaxCore	dSTR1	dDEX1	dINT1	dSTR2	dDEX2	dINT2	LimitLv	LimitClass	LimitReputation	Grade	EnchantCodeLnk	Property	PeriodType	PeriodUse
These are the names for every column of that table and in your item.enc the template uses the same names so you can easily find the data that you'll have to add in here.

So go to the end of the file and add a new line with the new item you just added in your item.enc.

Here's the first one, just edit the itemid to yours.
Code:
1458	@IDT_AVAN	0	2	1	63	0	0	0	0	0	7	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	1	0	3	1	1
Now add the second one yourself. The easiest way to do that is to open up excel and past that line of column names and then go search for the data in your item.enc, it's really simple. When you're done restart the server. Now start your game and send both items to yourself. You should already be able to retrieve them but the visuals aren't there yet.

4. Editing cabal_msg.enc

Open up your unpacked cabal_msg.enc and go to the last item name in my case

Code:
		<msg    id="item1430" cont="[Costume] Lovely Sweet Epaulet" />

and add

Code:
        <msg    id="item1458" cont="[Costume] Nevareth Pirate Outfit" />
        <msg    id="item1459" cont="[Costume] Nevareth Pirate Epaulet" />
Edit item id according to the items you just added in your files.

and for the description

Code:
		<msg    id="item_desc1458" cont="[Character Costume Item]_ _For the people from the open ocean._To instill the subject of terror_and fear in their foes._Feel the strenght of the pirates._" />
		<msg    id="item_desc1459" cont="[Character Costume Item]_ _For the people from the open ocean._To instill the subject of terror_and fear in their foes._Feel the strenght of the pirates._" />
Edit item id according to the items you just added in your files.

Save and Repack.

5. Adding the items visuals.

5.a. Item model and effects.

Go to http://forum.ragezone.com/f459/custom-fixed-wo-man-echs-754420/ and download the FX / Item folder pack to simplify this. It includes all new effect files and that makes this step a lot easier.

In your item.enc at the start of the items you just added you'll see "fx\efx\item\pItem\avan_sigil_fun_53.efx". So if you want to see the items in your inventory you'll have to fetch the file from the Korean client. I've included it in the rar for this tutorial.

Now only copying that over to the right folder is not enough as .efx files need other files to make the full model with added effects and your client might not have them yet. The way we'll find out which files is pretty simple.

Open up the .efx file you just copied and run EFXTemplate. Go into the objects tree to see all files it uses to create the effects.

This .efx uses a total of 6 other files numbered 0-5. Selecting each of them step by step shows us where we can find the file but these are also included in the rar. All 6 of them being:

Code:
fx\src\ebs\magicsic_skilup_s.ebs
fx\src\eps\avan_sigil_blue.eps
fx\src\ebs\blr_ball2[red2].ebs
item\pitem\sigil_fun_53.ebm
fx\src\ebs\eye shine_red(asterisk).ebs
fx\src\ebs\eye shine_red(asterisk).ebs

After all this copying you'll see the items in your inventory.

5.b. Character model

You'll need the man11.ech and woman11.ech from the korean test client and you'll have to enable your cabalmain.exe to load them. For that I'll send you to another tutorial.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f460/cabalmain-v22-edit-addresses-ollydbg-637582/
To load to 11 you'll have to edit with 0B and not 09.

Once that is out of the way copy over the man11.ech and woman11.ech to your client.

Go to http://forum.ragezone.com/f459/custom-fixed-wo-man-echs-754420/ and download the ECH pack. It includes all ech files modified so they should load correctly.

Now to link the avatar item to the epaulet so it will show the costume on your character on equip you'll have to go into your cabal.enc and your item.enc. Go to the itemid of the avatar item you added and look at the data. At AttackRate_Opt1 you'll see 7 and at Opt2_STRLmt1 you'll see 63 so that means you'll have to go to <avatar type="7"> in your cabal.enc and add a new line there. You can copy over an existing line and then you have to set the id="63" which you found in the item.enc and the armor_item_id="" has to be the item id of the epaulet version of the costume you just added.

Save and repack and it's time to give it a test.

6. Aftermath

Well if all is well you should be looking at your first added item/costume.

Creditz
- Yamachi (templates)
- PX2000 (cabalmain.exe edit)

I hope this guide has helped you and given you a look at how to add stuff to your game yourself. If anything I said wasn't clear feel free to ask.

Good luck adding moar!! :3

UPDATE: Korean Test Client
You can download the Korean test client here

Greetz,
Speedy

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice !!!!!!!! Thank So Much

Difficult to Understand

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Video Guidance will be easier

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Really a pretty nice job like "newbs" to understand the method of add customes.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This ItemENCTemplate How to use

How to get it

Amaymon do help me with

This issue I'm concerned . But no success . Help Me

Give me the tools to be able to practice it

Last edited:
Serenity GamerZ Owner
Reaction score
On Step 2 :- Go to id 2570 and copy the selected data. Go to your unpacked item.enc and run the template. Go to the last id and scroll down so you can paste right behind that.

i Cannot Find even the number 2570 :S:S !! what to do!? i am opening ur Files !

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
This ItemENCTemplate How to use

How to get it

As stated at the very beginning of the post you can get the templates here http://forum.ragezone.com/f458/sweetscape-010-templates-scripts-477467/
The software is 010 Editor, just google that and it's the first hit. To use the template click the 2nd button and browse to where you saved the templates. Then use the 4th to run it.
SpeedDevil - How to add an item (ex. Costume) - RaGEZONE Forums

On Step 2 :- Go to id 2570 and copy the selected data. Go to your unpacked item.enc and run the template. Go to the last id and scroll down so you can paste right behind that.

i Cannot Find even the number 2570 :S:S !! what to do!? i am opening ur Files !

So you've opened the item.dec I supplied you with and after running the correct template it doesn't go 2891?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Serenity GamerZ Owner
Reaction score
I Fixed it the other problem is this !

Now we know the item id of our costume: 2570 & 2571 so let's open up the korean item.dec and load & run ItemENCTemplate to get a nice structured view.

Go to id 2570 and copy the selected data. Go to your unpacked item.enc and run the template. Go to the last id and scroll down so you can paste right behind that.

i Press Alt+F and search for 2570 At the Item..dec of you.. and i find it buy all i see is numbers... Nothing else i dunno what to copy .. if u want to come on Team Viewer and See i Dont have any problem :) if not try to help me from this post please ;) !!! or make a photo so that i understand what i need to copy when i find 2570

This is what i see :-

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Code :

//--------------------------------------##
// Game: CABAL Online
// File Format: Item.enc
// Description: Template for CABAL's Item.enc file
// Author: Yamachi
// Team: The Divinity Project
// Website:

#include "Common_Cabal.bt"

//-Enumerations-------------------------

typedef enum <uint32> {
_1x1 = 0,
_1x2 = 1,
_1x3 = 2,
_1x4 = 3,
_2x1 = 4,
_2x2 = 5,
_2x3 = 6,
_2x4 = 7,
_3x1 = 8,
_3x2 = 9,
_3x3 = 10,
_3x4 = 11,
_4x1 = 12,
_4x2 = 13,
_4x3 = 14,
_4x4 = 15,
} SLOTS; // Width x Height

typedef enum <uint32> {
m_BATTLE = 1,
a_ARMOUR = 2,
z_MARTIAL = 0
} DISP;

typedef enum <uint32> {
NORMAL,
NO_DROP,
NO_TRADE,
BIND_ACT,
NO_SELL,
NO_DROPSELL,
NO_SELLTRADE,
BIND_ACT_NO_SELL,
NO_STOR,
NO_DROPSTOR,
NO_STORTRADE,
BIND_CHAR,
NO_SELLSTOR,
NO_DROPSELLSTOR,
NO_SELLSTORTRADE,
BIND_CHAR_NO_SELL
} PROP;

typedef enum <uint32> {
WA = 1,
BL,
WI,
FA,
FS,
FB
} CLASS;

typedef enum <ubyte> {
WA2 = 1,
BL2,
WI2,
FA2,
FS2,
FB2
} CLASSB;

typedef enum <uint32> {
IDT_UCOR = 0,
IDT_OCOR,
IDT_QDID,
IDT_QDIT,
IDT_WSCL,
IDT_MWPN,
IDT_1HND,
IDT_2HND,
IDT_SUIT,
IDT_GLOV,
IDT_BOOT,
IDT_HMET,
IDT_ALZS = 13,
IDT_PTON,
IDT_RING,
IDT_NLCE,
IDT_CLOK,
IDT_QSTS,
IDT_QSTN,
IDT_QDMI,
IDT_VEHI = 22,
IDT_PANT = 24,
IDT_SPOS = 27,
IDT_FMUC,
IDT_EXTR,
IDT_CTOL,
IDT_CLVU,
IDT_ERNG,
IDT_BSLI,
IDT_LOTT,
IDT_COEN,
IDT_FXTS,
IDT_FXTN,
IDT_BLBD,
IDT_WCCL,
IDT_RSRT = 42,
IDT_CURE,
IDT_CHNG,
IDT_RNCD,
IDT_RSPN,
IDT_GLDE = 50,
IDT_PETN,
IDT_FXFS,
IDT_AVAN = 54,
IDT_BALN,
IDT_GEND,
IDT_RPNS,
IDT_FTSM,
IDT_LKWP,
} TYPE;

typedef enum <uint32> {
Upgrade_Core = 0,
Force_Core,
DT,
Dungeon_Count,
Return_Stone,
Force_Controller,
Two_Handed_Sword,
One_Handed_Sword,
Suit,
Glove,
Boot,
Headgear,
Headgear2,
Alz,
Potion,
Ring,
Amulet,
Epaulet,
QSTS,
QSTN,
Dungeon_Mission,
Auto_Trap,
Astral_Bike_Card,
Skill_Curcuit,
Plasma_Coating_Kit,
Event_Item,
SerialS,
Special_Potion,
Formula_Card,
Slot_Extender,
CA_Transmuter,
Craft_License,
Earring,
Bracelet,
Chaos_Lamp,
Core_Enhancer,
FX_ItemS,
FX_ItemN,
Blessing_Bead,
Return_Core,
Summon_Card,
Special_Warp_Card,
Ressurrection_Potion,
Cure_Potion,
Change_Kit,
Rename_Card,
Remote_Shop_Pannel,
Treasure_Hunting_Kit,
Summoning_Ritual_Kit,
Epaulet2,
Guild_Emblem,
Summoning_Pet,
FX_Item_S,
FX_Item_N,
Dialog_Bubble_Item,
Change_Gender_Item,
Remote_Shop_Pannel2,
Recall_Force_Tower,
Link_Weapon,
Recovery_Kit,
Pet_Rename_Card,
Pet_Seal_Item,
Pet_Buff_Remover,
Gamble_Ticket,
Pet_Change_Kit,
Remote_Consignment_Agency,
EventS,
EventN,
Lottery,
FontS,
Ability_Rune,
Event_Formula_Card,
Pet_Sleeping_Kit,
Anima_Lune,
Ability_Rune2,
Warp_Stone,
Skill_Book,
Belt
} TYPEN;

//-Structures---------------------------

typedef struct {
char VisualID[60];
char ItemID[60];
char DescID[60];
ubyte unk_0[20];
TYPE Type <read=commentType>;
DISP DisplayCode_pt1;
int32 DisplayCode_pt2;
ubyte unk_1[4];
float unk_2;
ubyte unk_3[4];
Vec2D Translate;
float unk_4a;
float unk_4b;
float unk_4c;
float unk_4d;
float unk_4e;
Vec2D Rotate;
float unk_5;
float Scale;
uint32 LimitLevel;
CLASS LimitClass;
uint32 LimitReputation;
ubyte unk_6[32];
uint32 dSTR2;
uint32 dDEX2;
uint32 dINT2;
uint32 PriceSell;
SLOTS SlotSpaces;
uint32 ValueLv;
uint32 AttackRate_Opt1;
uint32 DefenRate_Opt1Val_PhyAttMax;
uint32 Defense_LEVLmt_MagAttVal;
uint32 MaxCore;
uint32 Opt2_STRLmt1;
uint32 DEXLmt1_Opt2Val;
uint32 INTLmt1_Opt3;
uint32 Opt3Val_STRLmt2;
uint32 DEXLmt2_Opt4;
uint32 INTLmt2_Opt4Val;
uint32 dSTR1;
uint32 dDEX1;
uint32 dINT1;
PROP Property;
ubyte EnchantCodeLnk;
ubyte unk_7;
ubyte Grade;
ubyte unk_8;
CLASSB ClassID1;
CLASSB ClassID2;
ubyte PeriodType;
ubyte PeriodUse;
} ITEM;

//-Main---------------------------------

FSeek(0);

ITEM Items[FileSize() / 400] <optimize=false>;

//-English------------------------------

string commentType(TYPE &t) {
string s;
TYPEN tn = t;
SPrintf( s, "%s - %s (%i)", EnumToString(tn), EnumToString(t), t);
return s;
}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use This Code ??????????????????????????????????

Set to run, but error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i Press Alt+F and search for 2570 At the Item..dec of you.. and i find it buy all i see is numbers... Nothing else i dunno what to copy .. if u want to come on Team Viewer and See i Dont have any problem :) if not try to help me from this post please ;) !!! or make a photo so that i understand what i need to copy when i find 2570

After running the template you should see this

And it is in that red zone I marked you have to scroll down to 'struct ITEM Items[2570]'

When you select that the whole section in the file that defines that item will be selected and all you have to do then is right click on the highlighted hex data in the editor and copy :)

@hoangthang: Are you trying to run it on the supplied item.dec or on your item.enc and if it's on your item.enc did you unpack it first?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Serenity GamerZ Owner
Reaction score
hmm i dont really see it :S:S ... Can u make a short video just about part 2 and post? i really really need to know how and i dont understand :S:S !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Give me your file "ItemENCTemplate.bt" , Easier to practice

Yes! I ask you for the video. I find it hard to understand

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
hmm i dont really see it :S:S ... Can u make a short video just about part 2 and post? i really really need to know how and i dont understand :S:S !

I'll upload some better quality, was out of time and had to go.

Give me your file "ItemENCTemplate.bt" , Easier to practice

Yes! I ask you for the video. I find it hard to understand

I use the exact same template so there really is no use in sending you the same file :S

Serenity GamerZ Owner
Reaction score
Wow Dude Really Thanks !! You Are Really a Nice Person :O never seen ppl do things to help like you ;) !!! Very Much Thanks and Alot of Respect !!:p i dont want to nudge u or something bcuz u are a nice guy...but if u are not busy and have free time .. try to make it from the start .. i mean from the momment u start the 010editor cuz i think my problem is at the start .. but if u are busy its okay ;) im just trying to add cosutmes 3 days already and its not working for me :p u see.. i add EP3 - EP4 costumes i see them but DC when use .. :S Thnx alot Really !! i hope you help me :p !!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
BUG EXACT:
xecuting template 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Template.bt' on 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Downloads\Compressed\ItemAddTutFiles\item.dec'...
*ERROR Line 11: Could not locate include file.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
BUG EXACT:
xecuting template 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Template.bt' on 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Downloads\Compressed\ItemAddTutFiles\item.dec'...
*ERROR Line 11: Could not locate include file.
Ah I see, you've only downloaded the one template you need. Every template needs Common_cabal.bt which you can also get at http://forum.ragezone.com/f458/sweetscape-010-templates-scripts-477467/
Just put it in the same directory as the other template.

Serenity GamerZ Owner
Reaction score
Hey Devil In THe Video .. Hmmm What Temple You Run ?? i Runed ItemEncTmeple that i made by Yamachi Temples and nothing happen when i click it just open the msg that Yamachi have ... what to do?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hey Devil In THe Video .. Hmmm What Temple You Run ?? i Runed ItemEncTmeple that i made by Yamachi Temples and nothing happen when i click it just open the msg that Yamachi have ... what to do?

I'm sorry but I didn't quite get that, I'm using the exact same templates from yamachi's thread. Did you also download the Common_cabal.bt template?

Serenity GamerZ Owner
Reaction score
i Downloaded all Templates ... when i Run The ItemENCTemplate .. nothing happen... i dont get Templates Resualts or Anything... :S :S if u still dont understand you come on my team viewer to check ;) :) Thank you !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm just stuck here's :-
Since EP3 there is a little change in the item.enc so run the template again so it shows your newly pasted data and unfold that and scroll to "unit 32 dSTR2". Add 00 right infront of that and scroll down to "ubyte PeriodUse" and delete 00 after that.

If i'm put 00 before unit 32 dSTR2. It's look like just replace value for dSTR2.

Then i cant find last 00 in my item.dec

Hopes you can help me.. Thanks in advance :?::?:

Serenity GamerZ Owner
Reaction score
@mack: You didnt add 00 i think :) Make sure u Press Insert Button and Type 00 .. B:71B0h Should have 00 that you will need to delete later :)

Hope i helped ;) !! if not ill try to help more xD just say :D

BTW: SpeedDevil Thanks Very Much For Helping Me ;) !!!

Back