Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DEV] Seal Online Emulation (Tech Talk not A Help Me Place)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Good news server works come join us!!

ok i am very curious about this game so i better try it myself...

in case i really want to create an offline or online server may i know if this is free to share?

good luck and more power!

where can i download the client?

guess i should search it myself... lolz

but all the link you have given have no download link in the 1st post?!?!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: Good news server works come join us!!

It is a great successs, I have had over 30+ members enter my Server tonight, and I expect more.... Now when my IP resets I will have to send out a new client, but untill then we could get someone else to host for now... Anyways, alot of bugs found, some we knew, some we did not know... but we really need your help huys, we need XML Coders, and people who understand how SQL works. It would be a great + for this Seal Private Server Business... :thumbup:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: New testers needed badly

I personally want to thank you for helping test the server.... now that we know it is hostable, the next step is to be more serious of debugging and getting Skills fixed, and so on... :sleep:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'll definitely help out. Expect to see me on sometime tomorrow.

Reaction score

i can't click on the Start button it says something about autoupdate. i used that new EXE too hehe.

please use the launcher.exe to start it, thank you

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

I'll definitely help out. Expect to see me on sometime tomorrow.

Will be glad to see you, teh server will be up and down, but feel free to login anytime

Reaction score

I have added new test accounts to allow more people on at once, test6 test7 test8 test9 all have been added now! Again IM me if you rather have your own name and not a used one like test...

Reaction score

If I am on the server and not responding it either means I am sleeping or afk.... so stay please and not run off, and I suggest typing Elim to get into Elim

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Heads up guys, I left server up, I need you all who are volunteering to test Piya, Beanie, Somba Cactus, and Ostrich for issues, pay attention to what they drop, let me know what you see. If you think you can fix an issue or have an idea let me know here, or in the bugs section on here...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Seal Online Emulation (Tech Talk not A Help Me Place)

@pras: oh ternyata ada orang indo juga disini. mas boleh minta link download seal offline yang mas mainin??? itu tuh yang ada di SSnya.
terus aku udah add FB mas, d confirm ya (gugun glacial gunawan).

Reaction score

There will be an update to the Mobs folder, in a few, so expect a reset of the 1819 server which will only take arround 10 seconds or less

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

@ Ace, I cannot login to the game. I use the ip 192.168.2.8 as the server you use. but when using other sql files, I can play normally. I think I could not connect to the database when using your sql file.

* I use Navicat, not sqlyog like yours. what's it matter?

Reaction score

@ Ace, I cannot login to the game. I use the ip 192.168.2.8 as the server you use. but when using other sql files, I can play normally. I think I could not connect to the database when using your sql file.

* I use Navicat, not sqlyog like yours. what's it matter?

My server has been down several times, the reason you have not been able to connect is becuase you don't have the new EXE

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Success!!:thumbup:
I can log in now!:thumbup:
Playing as the mage.:thumbup1:
By the way, do you have plans to release a new offline version?

---------- Post added 07-11-10 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-11-10 at 11:51 PM ----------

hmm there's something strange
I can't equip the basic mage pants :blink:
the cursor would just freeze and stay like a clock

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

the skills seem to reset to lv 5 everytime i die

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seal Online Emulation (Tech Talk not A Help Me Place)

Updated: 10 31 2010

I am heading up this project since no one else will, I already have made a guide, now just need the team to work together on developing this even farther!

The Guide is here http://forum.ragezone.com/f111/seal-offline-server-setup-700568/

Please anyone willing to help develope or wish to participate in helping let me know here, or in IM, or in my group. I will be glad to add you, and the more experience you have the better!

Server will require MySQL, or some form of SQL server files, database files from the guide I provided above, or we can make our own database. Also if we can get a Programmer who knows C++ and can make an application for this server, and understands how this server works will be a plus. I seriously recommend who ever is to host a server to please IM me or find a way to contact me so I can at least make it match your IP, the client that is.

So in short this is what the server will need or be needing to run:

1 MySQL for web and database along with Apache software possibly

2 Also a new Program app that someone with programming expereince can develope to work with this, but currently we can only edit with SQLyog or other SQL database programs

3 Next is the person hosting this server must have a static IP address, the IP can not keep changing as this will cuase problems for the client and server setup, so I suggest someone with a permanent IP address to host this.

4 New Clients will be made to work with the new server once setup, and the server must also be setup with the IP address in order to work. Btw I know this can work, its just needs EFFORT and not give up becuase of the minor issues we been having.

Currently here is a check List of things that need to be worked on or fixed:

A: Possible English conversion, or at least have warps in English, That is a first on the list that would be very helpfull.

B: Same as A have at least the Server be English and communicate English like, or program a totally new server file that is all english that can work with the client still without conflicts.

C: Same as A and B get the client to be in English too, however I already figured out a way to get the interfaces to be english at least, and that is already taken care of.

D: Warps are Semi-Figured out, but still are a problem on higher level maps!

The WARP numbers begin at 516 or 517 for the XML files in the mobs folder and not sure where they end yet, but I do know I tried putting warps up to test, its teadious but it may be the only way we can do this. Since finding new valuable information within the cliuent I have been able to accuratly fix 75% of warp issues! Still need to know how does the sou number in the database maps list relate to the MOB Number in the xml files? I tried 516 or 517 and so on, they do not match in game, and warp you to a total different location, meaning the sou numbers mean nothing it seems, or are pre-set.

E: The Maps, they are not correctly programmed or information is missing on them.

The maps that currently come with the 458SealOnline-5-27, and the Server files are not up to date or something is also missing here. The problem we are having is the Monsters go through walls, Mountains, rivers, and any other boundry that the player normally can not cross. This is irritating me right now when I try to play. There is also some maps, such as map 25, DOD, that does not have information at all on it, I am guessing pathing information. Sure... players can walk arround in the map, but monsters do not, they can't move! They are stuck. If anyone knows how to script for this if it needs scripting by all means please help us out and tell me. I can script provided I have the structure and command information to work with.

Also I will throw this into the mix, becuase I think it has alot to do with the maps as well, the monsters are not agressive at all and do not attack players. There is a reason for this and I believe it to be the same reason for all the other Map issues we are having. Also BOSS's such as Ohm can move arround, and are not supposed to, I have tried making them type 4, but they do not attack back, I have played with xml numbers, and still have no results. Maybe this also has to do with the maps.

Another New Issue found related to above is Magic.Missle attacking Monsters do not use there spells/skills and just walk up to you and hit, which is retarded compared to normal Seal... :glare:

F: Monsters having issues, they need fixing, refer to E for disscussion on this.

G: Skills are not correct on some characters, and some skills crash the character not the client preventing you from moving, the client still responds, but you have to do a force crash of the client to fix the issue temporarly.

H: Knight Cross Skill is not working correctly, the exp is not being distributed like it should, and does not act like normal Seal AOE skills. Issues related to G Most Likely...

I: Health Bars, MP, and EXP Bars are not working correctly, they are off or do not work correctly, there is also a EXP negative issue when hitting high level mobs when low level, somehow subtracting exp? I do not understand it. So I am thinking the EXP Health and MP systems have to be re-written, or need to be adjusted. Not sure how this can be done. This is still a problem on Oct 31st 2010.

J: Bank works, but does not allow changing or imputting passwords and will not allow you to desposit cegal, this needs to be fixed definitally. When trying to type in a password or create one or deposit cegal the game freezes up, have to force crash Seal to get back to running again.

K: Trading system work with NPC, but can't go past 2 Billion mark when selling to marchants, which I think is normal for Seal? But still, if you can't bank the cegal, than you can't really be bothered with that now can you?

L: EXP distribution is incorrect, and does not roll-over like normal Seal Online does. When you level up in normal Seal, the excess EXP is carried over, in this version it does not, preventing from multiple level ups at a time like normal Seal would do if you was strong enough and fighting high level mobs at low level.

M: Leveling up too fast cuases a cool bug where some textures on the map get replaced by the HELP textures? LOL

N: ITEM MALL is broken and needs fixing, I know why this is, the SO3D_2.EXE file needs to be hexed, and look for the link that is in it, I saw it before, its an item mall link, and that link is dead so it crashes the launcher, its best to HEX edit the EXE to fix this issue, and I think item mall will actually work!

O: There is an issue with creating an account within the SQL database, and expecting it to work, it works, but then you can't wear anything it seems, everything is red to you, even rubies. Like you do not meet requirements message or such.

P: There is a 1 character per account limitation, need to find out how to get it to 5... I believe if bank can be fixed so can this becuase I feel they are related somehow.

Q: Some Item Mall products don't work when you place it in your item mall database section for your character... I am sure once more information is created or provided for the server the more things will magically unlock and work, so this is a long slew of fixes that need to be done... Pet Rides replace your Wings/Burnging Tail, Gloves and places them in the Item Mall Slot preventing you from getting it back.... be carefull with this bug it is nasty, and you need to take off them manually before wearing pet rides!

Anyways, I will be testing for more bugs, and trying to fix some more of these issues, if any of you can or have fixed any of the above problems on there own private servers let me know, we can share files, and we can see where this goes. Also later on I will be packing a new client for everyone to work with that has the english interface, once I clean up the excess crap that it don't need and I pack it up rar style. May have to split it up...

Thanks ahead of time guys and good luck!! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

Success!!:thumbup:
I can log in now!:thumbup:
Playing as the mage.:thumbup1:
By the way, do you have plans to release a new offline version?

Thanks and thanks,

It is already offline, what made it online was my EXE file, just back up my EXE file, and replace it with the old EXE file, SO3D_2.EXE and make sure you have the server files fownloaded

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

hmm there's something strange
I can't equip the basic mage pants :blink:
the cursor would just freeze and stay like a clock

There has been issues I have noticed with Warrior/mage/and Knight Gear changes, or swaps... you might try shopping for knight gear or priest, and as silly as it seems you may find it.... htere is no fix for this, and its a client to server database issue. If you take off invalid clothings it crashes you.... or you was doing something else like using a skill at the time, becuase I never heard of taking off clothing crashing or freezing your character up unless you had hack your char level and put higher level gear on...[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

[/COLOR]the skills seem to reset to lv 5 everytime i die

THere is a bug with Skills, when you up skills to level 10, the reset when you log back in.... also there is a death bug, when you log off while still fainted and dead, and log back in, your alive again.... meaning you can't really die! lol

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

My server has been down several times, the reason you have not been able to connect is becuase you don't have the new EXE
I use your new SO3D_2.EXE but I cannot Login to the game. When I use your old database and EXE this game run normally. Sorry for my bad English, I'm Indonesian.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I've just refined my staff to +8 :thumbup: but sadly I fail at +9 :grr:
But it only dropped to +6 :blink:
Is this a feature :rolleyes:?
Could you make it that you can't fail when refining :thumbup1::thumbup1:?
Oh ya, buat orang Indo yang ga bisa jalan di atas, coba so3d_2 yang offline dikeluarin dulu dari folder. Wa bisa abis digituin :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I use your new SO3D_2.EXE but I cannot Login to the game. When I use your old database and EXE this game run normally. Sorry for my bad English, I'm Indonesian.

MY PROBLEM LIKE THIS KID!

(Ternyata banyak juga ya orang Indonesia disini).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back