Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

PW Dev <3
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same thing man lol. The bug where you are married, or arent married when you relog.

Reaction score
Thanks for all your hard work 343. My requests to find a more suitable moderator for the section went un-noticed (Unfortunately) so I started playing PWI so I can at least get a grasp on what terms and features are in PW. I now see that your re-pack is very close to the offical servers, and for that I tip my hat to you.

Edit: I've also stickied this as it seems to be the most indepth guide/repack in the release section.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for the sticky, I surely was going to ask for one eventually. I have been tirelessly working with one other member from here to thoroughly test my package. It is due to our work that I have actually released and re-released this package a few times (with decently "big" 'bug fixes'). I am such a perfectionist that I could not and would not tolerate releasing the package, and then "updates" -- I like the idea of having everything all neat and nice and in one nice and neat package. (If you painstakingly read this whole thread you already know I've released and re-released a few times already)

At this point I am pretty confident that the package is pretty decently 'hole-proof' -- However we will continue to test to assure this. Also, (ofc) if you (or anyone else) do find any 'bugs' please let me know so I can fix them and re-package the release ;) :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
the one other member being me lol you could state that :p haha. but yes ive also tested these bugs you are all talking about and i also cannot duplicate this issue with being married and then unmarried after login.

i have noticed that in the previous release i did have this issue. i think its because of a disk read error. this is the only way i was able to get that to happen
also an incorrect tasks.data

i had to re install the server 2 or 3 times till it worked (made proper install)

to check for disk read error go to.

/PWServer/gamedbd/

./gamedbd gamesys.conf tablestat
if you see the error you need to do full format.(this is what i discovered when i found that issue in last release)

again also have 343's latest release. as ive tested numerous things and everything is working great.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

343- greatest release to date i would say.

love the duplication of original pwi to older style, also the massive amount of updated quests compared to PWI also the oht zone. great work i would say.

m3s

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First off, let me just say BRAVO 343!

Very few people take the time to put forth as much effort in their releases as you have, well done, very well done indeed! Your hard work is very much appreciated, please if you have the time keep up the good work.

Install was a breeze, minor configuration changes to IP and everything is all set.

However, only one thing is troubling me... the client seems to have a massive memory leak so much so that it crashes after creating a character and then clicking the 'Start' button at the character screen. It also happens to me when choosing to exit the client from the account login page, before actually logging in.

Now down to the nitty gritty info...

This is only happening on one PC, both are Win7 x64, both are using the same client, and both computers matched checksums as you listed so I can say it is not a bad download issue. Now the pc that IS having the issue also has a problem with the Launcher.exe process remaining active even after killing off all instances of the program in the task manager window. Strangely enough I decided to test an old client I had (1.3.6) that I know to be working with other servers, I believe it was hrace009's client and all connects fine minus a few minor bugs (boutique/map issues) but nothing that cant be fixed by swapping the proper files around. Again with the old client no issues at all logging in, no memory leaks / client not responding, heck no major issues period.

So my question is, do you have any idea why this is happening? PC specs are more than adequate to be running something like this so that is not the issue, tried running as Admin, tried compatibility mode Windows XP Service Pack 3, still crashes, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to the response and further updates from you and the rest of the community, thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
And its meeee once again! LOL

I noticed that in genesis interface u cant find GM buttin (Its normally called Im stuck button or something), so... could u please update genesis interface and add this button ? Lol

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
First off, let me just say BRAVO 343!

Very few people take the time to put forth as much effort in their releases as you have, well done, very well done indeed! Your hard work is very much appreciated, please if you have the time keep up the good work.

Install was a breeze, minor configuration changes to IP and everything is all set.

However, only one thing is troubling me... the client seems to have a massive memory leak so much so that it crashes after creating a character and then clicking the 'Start' button at the character screen. It also happens to me when choosing to exit the client from the account login page, before actually logging in.

Now down to the nitty gritty info...

This is only happening on one PC, both are Win7 x64, both are using the same client, and both computers matched checksums as you listed so I can say it is not a bad download issue. Now the pc that IS having the issue also has a problem with the Launcher.exe process remaining active even after killing off all instances of the program in the task manager window. Strangely enough I decided to test an old client I had (1.3.6) that I know to be working with other servers, I believe it was hrace009's client and all connects fine minus a few minor bugs (boutique/map issues) but nothing that cant be fixed by swapping the proper files around. Again with the old client no issues at all logging in, no memory leaks / client not responding, heck no major issues period.

So my question is, do you have any idea why this is happening? PC specs are more than adequate to be running something like this so that is not the issue, tried running as Admin, tried compatibility mode Windows XP Service Pack 3, still crashes, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to the response and further updates from you and the rest of the community, thanks.

i have not run into this issue at all. then again i dont have windows 7.

couple ideas:
Set compatability to winXP - although this shouldnt be necassary
copying the iso files to your pc may have not extracted properly (ive had this happen before using winrar so i used magicdisc worked great)

hope this helps

m3s

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have not run into this issue at all. then again i dont have windows 7.

couple ideas:
Set compatability to winXP - although this shouldnt be necassary
copying the iso files to your pc may have not extracted properly (ive had this happen before using winrar so i used magicdisc worked great)

hope this helps

Thanks for the reply 88supra86, just to be clear here I did try compatability mode for WinXP and no luck -- thanks though.

To clarify, I mounted the iso with daemontools and extracted the files that way, this was done on both PCs exactly the same way, one PC has issues, the other does not. I then tried to re-extract the files on the problematic PC, same problem. Ran chkdsk and will try again to see what occurs... Interestingly enough, while 343 explicitly recommended not to use a different client, I tried using the one I had on file as mentioned above. After copying 343's map files and *.data and *.pck files over my old client files, everything is running fine on the 'problematic' PC... meaning no more issues as of yet. Strange that this is happening but at least now I am able to have both PCs running the client now anyways. :laugh:

::DISCLAIMER::
For 343's sake, I will tell anyone who reads my post to NOT use a different client unless you know exactly what you are doing. Do not expect support from 343 as he stated not to use a different client. I only did so knowing full well that I would possibly see more client crashes / problems. By a stroke of luck and some prior experience, for the moment I am not having an issue with this combined version of the client. This does not mean you will have the same outcome so as always, do so at your own risk.

Thanks again 343 for your hard work, I have been going through your files and am impressed with the amount of work you've put into this release. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have a very big problem, i installed your repack, i put my db and compared the structure of your db and my db, putted the gamedb and adapted it.

All works very good exept the authserver

there are no way to start it, i tryed like 100 things and i cant repair it, can you help me plz?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a question on what causes the Messenger of Time to teleport you to the main map and not into the chrono map? I could use some help.

*Fixed it

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply 88supra86, just to be clear here I did try compatability mode for WinXP and no luck -- thanks though.

To clarify, I mounted the iso with daemontools and extracted the files that way, this was done on both PCs exactly the same way, one PC has issues, the other does not. I then tried to re-extract the files on the problematic PC, same problem. Ran chkdsk and will try again to see what occurs... Interestingly enough, while 343 explicitly recommended not to use a different client, I tried using the one I had on file as mentioned above. After copying 343's map files and *.data and *.pck files over my old client files, everything is running fine on the 'problematic' PC... meaning no more issues as of yet. Strange that this is happening but at least now I am able to have both PCs running the client now anyways. :laugh:

::DISCLAIMER::
For 343's sake, I will tell anyone who reads my post to NOT use a different client unless you know exactly what you are doing. Do not expect support from 343 as he stated not to use a different client. I only did so knowing full well that I would possibly see more client crashes / problems. By a stroke of luck and some prior experience, for the moment I am not having an issue with this combined version of the client. This does not mean you will have the same outcome so as always, do so at your own risk.

Thanks again 343 for your hard work, I have been going through your files and am impressed with the amount of work you've put into this release. :thumbup:

m3s im actually surprised to hear this from another source i thought this was a 1 person issue i have actually discovered a friend had the same issue with daemon tools im not sure why. its a semi stable mount for a program like that. i told him to use magicdisc and it worked for him it appears that the daemon tools does something (what it is i have no idea) but i asked him to use magicdisc and now things are working....

CAN you do me a favor and tell me if your Barbs are working... with daemon tools my friend would go and create a barb and it would glitch out and crash him out of game.

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

also in game his barb would have a flat squished head... looks like the tiger got run over by a truck :p

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

im not advertising but if you have the 343 release try the client on my server at 29000:server.burnsfast.com and register at pw.burnsfast.com... THIS IS FOR PPL TO TEST FOR ISSUES. unless you feel like playing it either way i dont care lol.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

and i agree with you m3s stick with his client. I HAVE found a few ways to make it that no other cleints will work.... basicly it crashes the cleint if its not the right onne (still working on it as its still able to be overridden if you wanna get down and dirty looking into the client its self. but i wanna make it flawless

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

even the GM client doesnt work ... which doesnt really help much atm

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

ps. im sick of people messaging me problems that npc's and quests arent working when they so call it "merging" tasks.data and elements.data to the listing.

IF YOUR GOING TO DO THAT go through PEICE BY PEICE and add things to 343's .data files as his are to the highest and very accurate detail to all things. if you go adding everything from a previous .data file YOU WILL HAVE ERRORS.. if you do not know what your doing DO NOT F*** with the files leave it be. or you WILL have problems. 343 has quests and things added to be as ACCURATE as possible to the current PWI verison. (were lucky to even have that)

***again thank you 343 for your amount of time you spent adding these quests to make it as updated as possible***

I FOR ONE BELEIVE THIS SHOULD BE STICKIED TO THE ROSTER ON THE FIRST PAGE OF PERFECT WORLD SERVERS

Reaction score
im not advertising but if you have the 343 release try the client on my server at 29000:server.burnsfast.com and register at pw.burnsfast.com... THIS IS FOR PPL TO TEST FOR ISSUES. unless you feel like playing it either way i dont care lol.

Yes, I would like to reiterate that this is a TEST SERVER (at the moment anyway). So it's primary purpose IS for TESTING. So, in-other-words DO NOT BE SURPRISED WHEN WE DO SERVER WIPES :p But any assistance in testing is appreciated ;)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
as 343 mentioned YES this server is DEDICATED to 343 and his testing purposes needed, for those having issues on the client itself try my previous comments above. it tends to be a fix... some extract by rar some use daemon tools and some use magicdisc I PERSONALLY have tested all 3 and they all work for me

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
those are similar products i personally hate Daimon tools as you need to restart and it fucks with things what 343 mentioned and what i mentioned are deffinitly your best bet

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i tryed like 2000 thing to make your repack to work with my players db.

can you make a little installation guide and how to install my players in your repack?

m3s

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
CAN you do me a favor and tell me if your Barbs are working... with daemon tools my friend would go and create a barb and it would glitch out and crash him out of game.

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

also in game his barb would have a flat squished head... looks like the tiger got run over by a truck :p

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Love the enthusiasm and support here, well done 88supra86 and 343!

In response to 88supra86 -- I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue in a way. :p: As for mounting the ISOs, I use the free version of daemontools both on the PC that has the client working fine, and the other 'problematic' PC. As for mounting ISOs I have never had an issue with daemontools unless the ISO in question was not a REAL ISO file, but rather a different image file renamed to be an ISO.. as in not legitimately made into an ISO file if you know what I mean.

As for the Barbs, the client crash occurs no matter what character I create, all visual aspects are fine with no issues there. The client only crashes if I follow one of these 3 procedures:

1:
  • Open Client
  • Login to account
  • Create ANY character (Barb, Veno, BM, tested)
  • Click Start button to login to newly created character....
  • Client Freezes / Crashes!

2:
  • Open Client
  • Click Exit before logging into account

3:
  • Open Client
  • Login to to account
  • Click Exit (for testing)

To 343 and 88supra86, thanks for the server info, I will test it out if you'd like, I have the server up and running to test it on but if you'd like I can still go ahead and connect to yours if need be.

I've tried recopying the files several times, directly from working client on PC, directly from the mounted ISO, etc. I have not tried UltraISO / MagicISO, or PowerISO as of yet this time around though. I've used them in the past and so will try again for this, not my favorite programs but will try it thanks.

Had no issues with daemontools that you've mentioned (restarts and messing with functionality?) Sounds like a bug in the software / bad download. Either way, personal preference is of course just that, your preference so use what works I guess. :):

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Love the enthusiasm and support here, well done 88supra86 and 343!

In response to 88supra86 -- I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue in a way. :p: As for mounting the ISOs, I use the free version of daemontools both on the PC that has the client working fine, and the other 'problematic' PC. As for mounting ISOs I have never had an issue with daemontools unless the ISO in question was not a REAL ISO file, but rather a different image file renamed to be an ISO.. as in not legitimately made into an ISO file if you know what I mean.

As for the Barbs, the client crash occurs no matter what character I create, all visual aspects are fine with no issues there. The client only crashes if I follow one of these 3 procedures:

1:
  • Open Client
  • Login to account
  • Create ANY character (Barb, Veno, BM, tested)
  • Click Start button to login to newly created character....

2:
  • Open Client
  • Click Exit before logging into account

3:
  • Open Client
  • Login to to account
  • Click Exit (for testing)

To 343 and 88supra86, thanks for the server info, I will test it out if you'd like, I have the server up and running to test it on but if you'd like I can still go ahead and connect to yours if need be.

I've tried recopying the files several times, directly from working client on PC, directly from the mounted ISO, etc. I have not tried UltraISO / MagicISO, or PowerISO as of yet this time around though. I've used them in the past and so will try again for this, not my favorite programs but will try it thanks.

Had no issues with daemontools that you've mentioned (restarts and messing with functionality?) Sounds like a bug in the software / bad download. Either way, personal preference is of course just that, your preference so use what works I guess. :):

i dont have the same problems, in fact i needed to replace the auth server from the repack because dont work at all.

but now i have other problem my game works very well but passed 1 hour the game freezes and i cant log in again.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
yes anyone is welcome to try and play and test on 343's latest release which the server is up and running. everything is 100% original to the latest upload of 343 so your cleints should work perfectly

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

this also goes for those that are curious about 343's release just download the client and have a look around on his release.

Back