• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

WZ 2 Questions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My first question is: I'm trying to add to my v83 server v148 mobs but it doesn't seem to work, I tried adding "Empress Cygnus" mob, what I basically did is coping the XML of the mob from the v148 mob.wz (which I already encrypted it to v83) and then I added it to the v83 mob.wz but it didn't work.

My second question is: I'm trying to add a new background for awhile now but I don't understand how to
do it, I added my new background to "Back" inside the Map.wz but I don't know how to use it afterwards,
I tried using "Background Editor" but I couldn't open it.

Any idea how? :eek:

<3
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My first question is: I'm trying to add to my v83 server v148 mobs but it doesn't seem to work, I tried adding "Empress Cygnus" mob, what I basically did is coping the XML of the mob from the v148 mob.wz (which I already encrypted it to v83) and then I added it to the v83 mob.wz but it didn't work.

More info please. With the information you've given I can only assume a few things:
1) No String.wz info.
2) You forgot to dump XMLs and place server's wz folder.
3) Mob skills. You forgot to get it.
4) You forgot the boss HP icon in UI.wz.

How does it not work?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
More info please. With the information you've given I can only assume a few things:
1) No String.wz info.
2) You forgot to dump XMLs and place server's wz folder.
3) Mob skills. You forgot to get it.
4) You forgot the boss HP icon in UI.wz.

How does it not work?

1) I didn't add the string.wz info is it necessary?
2) I made it private server XML and added it to the source file.
3) Mob skills? If you mean putting the mob XML inside the mob.wz then I did it.
4) Is it necessary? If it is where can I find it?

Sorry for the noob questions. :p

Last edited:
<3
Reaction score
1) I didn't add the string.wz info is it necessary?
2) I made it private server XML and added it to the source file.
3) Mob skills? If you mean putting the mob XML inside the mob.wz then I did it.
4) Is it necessary? If it is where can I find it?

Sorry for the noob questions. :p

1. I believe so.
2) Perfect.
3) Without the appropriate mob skills, you'll disconnect when the mob uses that skill.
4) Scratch that. It is not necessary. It will still work without the boss HP bar. It is just that the mob won't have the boss HP bar.

Check if you have the Sound.wz info for the mobs. I believe that is required.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. I believe so.
2) Perfect.
3) Without the appropriate mob skills, you'll disconnect when the mob uses that skill.
4) Scratch that. It is not necessary. It will still work without the boss HP bar. It is just that the mob won't have the boss HP bar.

Check if you have the Sound.wz info for the mobs. I believe that is required.

What do you mean by "Without the appropriate mob skills, you'll disconnect when the mob uses that skill."
is it in the skill.wz or something?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
string for the names isn't necessary indeed (or at least back in v62 it wasn't. however, for bosses you do need to add some others things like the HP bar. don't exactly remember what things you have to add.

edit: oh didn't read dynamiks reply.
some mobs have their own skills/mechanics they use especially bosses. if those aren't coded in you will just dc when it uses those skills. the images of those skills aren't in skill.wz iirc, don't really remember where they are tho.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
string for the names isn't necessary indeed (or at least back in v62 it wasn't. however, for bosses you do need to add some others things like the HP bar. don't exactly remember what things you have to add.

edit: oh didn't read dynamiks reply.
some mobs have their own skills/mechanics they use especially bosses. if those aren't coded in you will just dc when it uses those skills. the images of those skills aren't in skill.wz iirc, don't really remember where they are tho.

Is it all the bosses? can I like add a normal mob using mob.wz only?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is it all the bosses? can I like add a normal mob using mob.wz only?

you probably can (well back in v62 you could.) i would advice you to edit the string.wz aswell otherwise they won't have names.
might be different for some mobs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you probably can (well back in v62 you could.) i would advice you to edit the string.wz aswell otherwise they won't have names.
might be different for some mobs.

Well I'll try doing mob.wz and string.wz hopefully it will work.
Thanks for helping guys!

<3
Reaction score
What do you mean by "Without the appropriate mob skills, you'll disconnect when the mob uses that skill."
is it in the skill.wz or something?

MobSkill.img in Skill.wz.

PS: Some mob skills are not coded in the client so they will not work. Example: Zombify effect was not in v62. So remove that mob skill from the mob. It won't work even if you add the MobSkill.img.

Back