Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

"92.03" on VMware

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas why this would be happening when I go to Velika for the 1st time? The VM runs great. No issues in the starter area, finish the quest go to Velika and then I start client crashing like crazy. I can't even load into Velika usually the client just freezes, and then crashes with this error. If I do manage to load in I can maybe move around for 10 secs to 1 minute before it crashes again. For reference I am using Windows 10, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64gb RAM & RTX 4090. I've allocated 32gb RAM to the VM & 120gb pagefile.
31c1a78dcaf05757b4e4d9147d578c94 - "92.03" on VMware - RaGEZONE Forums

The VM is setup as advised on page 1 of this thread (which from what I understand is updated to the latest versions).

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas why this would be happening when I go to Velika for the 1st time? The VM runs great. No issues in the starter area, finish the quest go to Velika and then I start client crashing like crazy. I can't even load into Velika usually the client just freezes, and then crashes with this error. If I do manage to load in I can maybe move around for 10 secs to 1 minute before it crashes again. For reference I am using Windows 10, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64gb RAM & RTX 4090. I've allocated 32gb RAM to the VM & 120gb pagefile.

Thats a weird error, have you been monitoring your memory usage on what happens when you go to velika? I mean it could be some memory leak that it just fills up and crashes. Personally I have 24GB allocated for the VM (since I am not using all of the services for it) and I have 64GB and dont have any issues.

Reaction score
Yes!! Very strange!!
For me everything works fine, i have 32Gb of Ram(for now, i'm building another PC)
and using 25Gb for the VM and 75Gb pagefile.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thats a weird error, have you been monitoring your memory usage on what happens when you go to velika? I mean it could be some memory leak that it just fills up and crashes. Personally I have 24GB allocated for the VM (since I am not using all of the services for it) and I have 64GB and dont have any issues.
Haven't noticed any memory spikes. My setup is in the image. Really I don't know at this point. I've set up the VM fresh and still get the issue. I use Robysons BnS VM and dont have any issues, so it's an odd one thats for sure.

Attachments

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Haven't noticed any memory spikes. My setup is in the image. Really I don't know at this point. I've set up the VM fresh and still get the issue. I use Robysons BnS VM and dont have any issues, so it's an odd one thats for sure.

Are you using all the services? Like BG matching, instanc ematching (the optional ones)?
I would suggest try lowering your RAM to 24GB and set processores to 2/2 and try again and see if the same happens.

Reaction score
Are you using all the services? Like BG matching, instanc ematching (the optional ones)?
I would suggest try lowering your RAM to 24GB and set processores to 2/2 and try again and see if the same happens.
It doesn't make sense for him to use the settings you suggest, since his PC is a great setup.
The problem may be with the client.

Stassya avoid using the VM and the Client on the same HDD or SSD.

Reaction score
It doesn't make sense for him to use the settings you suggest, since his PC is a great setup.
The problem may be with the client.

Stassya avoid using the VM and the Client on the same HDD or SSD.

Adding up what Rob said, try using a vanilla client like TW one (with vanilla dc as well) in order to know if it's the client or something else.

I don't think this behavior is caused for start the server in a VM. Id tested the server in so many env and so much worse escenarios than that and it works like charm.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want my character to grow slowly. However, the server's settings seem to be too large a set of experiences that the character can get. Is there a way to adjust the amount of experience gained?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi everyone I try using this vm to finally play Tera but I can't connect to the server. I downloaded the vm and the matching client, copied the two files from xingpatch into my tera game client xingcode folder, changed the ip to 192.168.15.12 in the launcher in more than one launcher but it's always either the game loads but never starts or I get the error can't reach the webpage make sure the webaddress is correct.

Reaction score
I want my character to grow slowly. However, the server's settings seem to be too large a set of experiences that the character can get. Is there a way to adjust the amount of experience gained?

Hi,

Check this also.

Hi everyone I try using this vm to finally play Tera but I can't connect to the server. I downloaded the vm and the matching client, copied the two files from xingpatch into my tera game client xingcode folder, changed the ip to 192.168.15.12 in the launcher in more than one launcher but it's always either the game loads but never starts or I get the error can't reach the webpage make sure the webaddress is correct.

Hi,

Please provide screenshots in order to help you to troobleshoot.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

Check this also.

Hi,

Please provide screenshots in order to help you to troobleshoot.
Hi, sure the vm server seems to be running fine but the game never starts. First it starts loading, then the game shows up in the task bar but it actually never starts.

Third picture is when I put the ip into the official launcher and started it, which was included with the client files.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi, sure the vm server seems to be running fine but the game never starts. First it starts loading, then the game shows up in the task bar but it actually never starts.

Third picture is when I put the ip into the official launcher and started it, which was included with the client files.

Hi,

It can be 2 reasons or both,

1. You set a different port in your API_PORTAL_LISTEN_PORT in you API and you forgot to set it up in the launcher.
2. Firewall is enabled and you don't have whitelisted that port (ex 80 or 8090)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

It can be 2 reasons or both,

1. You set a different port in your API_PORTAL_LISTEN_PORT in you API and you forgot to set it up in the launcher.
2. Firewall is enabled and you don't have whitelisted that port (ex 80 or 8090)
Hi, I didn't change anything in the vm.
I turned the firewall off on both my pc and in the vm but it still doesn't work.

Reaction score
Hi, I didn't change anything in the vm.
I turned the firewall off on both my pc and in the vm but it still doesn't work.

Then most likely your vm has a different IP than the launcher.

Post a screenshot showing your vm ip (ipconfig)
And another one showing your launcher ip in strings 19 and 20.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi, here are the screenshots. Thank you for trying to help me I really appreciate it.

I wonder if I will ever get it to run I already tried many different things but it never worked. The furthest I managed to get using another method was having the game launch in chinese and my server showing up but not being able to join the server.

Attachments

Reaction score
hi, here are the screenshots. Thank you for trying to help me I really appreciate it.

I wonder if I will ever get it to run I already tried many different things but it never worked. The furthest I managed to get using another method was having the game launch in chinese and my server showing up but not being able to join the server.

Looks like something is wrong with the vm network since you got no ip gateway, check this,

Robyson - "92.03" on VMware - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I tried it but it's still not working.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Change to original VM configuration...

Attachments

Back