Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web A complete perfect NPC coder in works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
NPC+: Coding with perfection.

NPC+, Coding with perfection.

Fraysa - A complete perfect NPC coder in works. - RaGEZONE Forums

Thread is being updated due to changes.

Last edited:
bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wait..... What? You're making a tool to help create npcs but admit you don't know how to read parameters in a method? How good would this possibly be then? I think you need to fiend more time familiarizing yourself with the source before doing this, especially since you're planning on charging people.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Wait..... What? You're making a tool to help create npcs but admit you don't know how to read parameters in a method? How good would this possibly be then? I think you need to fiend more time familiarizing yourself with the source before doing this, especially since you're planning on charging people.

You didn't quite understand me. I meant that I want to make it fully user friendly. By that I mean that if someone uses "cm.sendNext" and adds it to the code, it will automatically go to the quotation marks so he can enter the text immediately. If I'm reading the source for additional functions, I wouldn't be able to know what parameters to put in: Is it showing a text, is it using a parameter for a map to warp to? I can do that, but then after inserting the function to the code it will just enter it's name without commas so it won't be user-friendly to type that. I can do that, but again, it won't be comfortable. But after re-thinking about it, I will be adding this feature so users can choose their NPCConversationManager file and it will add additional functions.

Thank you for the suggestion who ever made the idea. I'll add it to the features list.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Nevermind what I said, I will allow this thread to be here.
But because it's sort of a development, show me the progress you've made.

Thank you. And to your question, of course. I'm adding pictures as soon as I make full progress. I'm working on ton on stuff in the sam etime, once I have one thing fully working without any bugs I will post a picture here.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Oh so if I buy a license now, will the program work to make NPC's right now, or do I need to wait for some updates? :p

You have to wait. I estimate that I will finish in a month or so, I will try as early as I can, I just work so much but there's a lot to do to make it perfect. Thanks anyway for the support.

EDIT: Updated the thread, Look at the updates from today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow, it is awesome but I have no money to buy it! I need a free version one, can you make a trial version or beta version for those peoples like me??? I'm glad you can do that...

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Update (September 29, 2012):

[+] Made it so if the user uses "cm.sendNext", for example, it will immediately go to the quotation marks so he can immediately enter the text.
[+] After the user enters the text inside the function, once he presses the Enter key, it will move to the next status and allow him to enter a new function. If he pressed Ctrl + Enter, it will dispose the chat.

What do you guys think about this update? Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Update (September 29, 2012):
What do you guys think about this update? Any suggestions?
Seems pretty good. I suggest handling for quests. That would be nice. Otherwise, maybe look at some other uncommon functions in MoopleDEV and Lithium for NPC's to add. Seems like you got most of the basic ones already.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Seems pretty good. I suggest handling for quests. That would be nice. Otherwise, maybe look at some other uncommon functions in MoopleDEV and Lithium for NPC's to add. Seems like you got most of the basic ones already.

What do you mean by handling for quests? I'm taking every basic function that is in every source. Users can add their own by importing their NPCConversationManager. NPC+ will read it, and add any additional functions to a list called "User Functions". You can always right click to favorite a function for easy access.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
What do you mean by handling for quests? I'm taking every basic function that is in every source. Users can add their own by importing their NPCConversationManager. NPC+ will read it, and add any additional functions to a list called "User Functions". You can always right click to favorite a function for easy access.
Oh, that's pretty nifty then. I just meant functions for quests that are normally used in NPC's. However, if you can import your own functions from NPCConversationManager, then that's awesome. The previous image showed on page 1 only showed a select few functions for the NPC to use, which is why I thought you might need to add some more.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Oh, that's pretty nifty then. I just meant functions for quests that are normally used in NPC's. However, if you can import your own functions from NPCConversationManager, then that's awesome. The previous image showed on page 1 only showed a select few functions for the NPC to use, which is why I thought you might need to add some more.

Well it's because you can scroll down for more ;).

Thanks for the support buddy.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back