• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Aion 5.8 emulator improvement community project

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Need some explanation just how to start))
Launching the server is not that hard, but it’s barely functional – outside of almost feature complete admin panel, few things actually work. Npc have very twitchy movement and attacks, hotspot teleportation doesn’t work, one of my characters broke just from teleporting to another map. Maybe something is misconfigured?

I could post instructions on how to get it running later if you really want (unless someone else decides to do that first), but it doesn’t seem to be worth it from my first impressions. Tools, on the other hand, could be of huge help potentially.

I only took an hour or two looking at these files, so it’s early to make conclusions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So here is how to start that c# server:
  • Launch mysql , create databases “game” and “login”, then execute attached sql filles to respective databases.
  • Open
    AuthenticationServer\bin\Debug\net6.0\Config\database.properties
    and
    GameWorldServer\bin\Debug\net6.0\Config\database.properties
    And change db settings to your mysql settings.
  • Replace npcs.xml in GameWorldServer\bin\Debug\net6.0\Data\Templates\Npcs with the attached one
  • Start GameWorldServer.exe and AuthenticationServer.exe
  • Change your client country code to cc:2 and change your start.bat so it has -port:2666 instead of the usual 2106
  • Login with “jacjozs” login and “123” password
I think that’s it. The server itself is very incomplete and the current java server has much more stuff working. Still, some static data or tools could be adapted to the java server in the future.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello!

I made a 5.8 server a long time ago, which I wrote in C#. Right now I don't have time to continue, but maybe there is something in it that you can use.
Many client and server packages are fully mapped, including the complete stat list, complete cp, dice, minions, etc. system, and 1-2 other things that might be useful (skill, quest sys, test ai sys, geodata viewer and editor)

Sorry if what I write is strange, google helped :D

Thank you for sharing.
"GeoEngineViewer" and "NavEngine" failed to compile, one of the sub-project "GeodateBuilder" is lost, can you upload again?
Thank you very much.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Those two programs were just tests for "GeoLevelEditorCore", in which you can edit the generated geodata, as well as generate and view a test nav mesh. It is important that the generated geodata does not match the java geodata, so the program will not work with them.

Unfortunately, the nav mesh is generated very slowly, so it may not be usable.

The new link already includes the geodatabuilder.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Those two programs were just tests for "GeoLevelEditorCore", in which you can edit the generated geodata, as well as generate and view a test nav mesh. It is important that the generated geodata does not match the java geodata, so the program will not work with them.

Unfortunately, the nav mesh is generated very slowly, so it may not be usable.

The new link already includes the geodatabuilder.

Well,Thanks again for your contribution. Although it is not compatible with JAVA, I believe it is still a valuable reference.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Small fix for npc with very low hp appearing as dead when they are still alive taken from GiGatR00n’s 4.7.5.

Admin panel:
Increasing/decreasing stats via panel now works in retail-like fashion – positive numbers increase stat by typed value, negative numbers decrease stats.
Fixed a typo related to invisibility function
Give all titles button now actually gives all titles

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Small fix for npc with very low hp appearing as dead when they are still alive taken from GiGatR00n’s 4.7.5.

Admin panel:
Increasing/decreasing stats via panel now works in retail-like fashion – positive numbers increase stat by typed value, negative numbers decrease stats.
Fixed a typo related to invisibility function
Give all titles button now actually gives all titles
have add to svn but need to check this.
Aslo littel bit modifystats cup with message to config for debug a stats that over cap or less than min and so on with new config
/main/security.properties
# Check if stats of creature is less than minimum or more than maximum StatCapUtil (cap of stats)
# Default = fasle
gameserver.security.check.creature.stats = true

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hiya MATTYOne I cannot download the launcher. I keep clicking on it but nothing happens.
The old launcher does not work after technical work on the server. Now access to the server is different. In the near future I will post a normal launcher on discord, but for now you can log in via the .bat file, to get it, write to me in discord.

We need a lot of testers <3

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
2368A Quota of Creatures kill limit 2(3)
24114You_Gotta_Stop_Umkata quest item remove
2303DaevaWheresMyHerb now can get reward
2332MeatyTreats after finish quest cant finish or take other quest can after relog (fix need test)

Attachments

Reaction score
I have to be honest, I like the Elyos zones better. I'm going to still finish my current Asmo run fixing as many quests as I can though, but I can't wait to get back to Elyos.

removing unnecessary items upon completion of quests
Added to github. Thank you for helping me with quest fixes, especially considering that you are much better at it than I am.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
_24112NoLaissezfaireforLepharists work quest after complete open other quest
_2237AFertileField the quest dont work

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
_24112NoLaissezfaireforLepharists work quest after complete open other quest
_2237AFertileField the quest dont work
Added.

---------------------------------------------------

One thing that I have discovered playing at 0.3x XP - there are a LOT more quests than what I was seeing before. I guess playing at 1x causes a player to outlevel many quests before they even see them. Even completely skipping Reshanta and the Abyss I have leveled to 46 so far and have yet to get stuck at a point with no quests available.

I do get low on quests at certain points though, so I would still suggest not going lower than 0.4x unless you are looking for broken quests to report or fix, or just want to complete as many of them as possible. And if you do ever get stuck without any quests to do, there's always the option to give yourself a level or two in the GM panel.

Back