Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

An SWTOR section?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ahoy.

I've been meaning to post this on Ragezone for a long time but I was afraid of doing so because the game wasn't released it.

already won over 100 awards BEFORE the game was launched, and it's already known as the fastest growing subscription game of all time.

It's based on a Star Wars era 3000 years before the Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker movies, it's set on the so called The Old Republic.

This MMORPG was based on Knights of The Old Republic 1 and 2, which were also highly awarded and game of the year on some gaming websites and magazines.(both which I've played, my avatar on this avatar is Darth Revan, the "hero" on KOTOR1)

So why not an SWTOR section, the game isn't yet availabe modding-wise, it was released less then one month ago, but since it already broke so many records and earned so many awards, why not a Ragezone SWTOR section?

I will leave here my BETA screenshots, I started playing BETA in October, then started officially with the Early Game Access on the 15th of December, being the official launch on the 20th December 2011.

BETA:

BETA ENDING PARTY:

(click on the screenshots for a full view)

The last one is a bit repetitive, BioWare called a BETA Ending Party and we all joined on the capital of our faction to /dance for almost one whole hour.

I went until level 25 in BETA, and I'm already on level 29 officially, I would post my screenshots, but I have over 500+ already...yeah, I'm that crazy about this game, been expecting it since 2006.

Now, what's so special about SWTOR you ask? BioWare is already very well known for games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, KOTOR's, etc... So imagine an RPG with BioWare's quality and around a 40 hour campaign for 8 different classes +PLUS+ all the MMORPG features that roam other MMO's, PvP, warzones, flashpoints, operations and etc.. With a galaxy with more then 20 enourmous planets to freely explore.

And it's not just for Star Wars fans or nerds, this Old Republic fascinates manages to addict different generations from 15 to 35 years, I even saw people on the SWTOR forums saying they play with their wifes or husbands and even with their children.

Please consider this, this game is definetely worth it. I'll just host some screenshots on this page so you can see the beauty of this game.

404_image.png

404_image.png

404_image.png

404_image.png

404_image.png

404_image.png

404_image.png

404_image.png

(also click on the screenshots to see them full size)

Thanks!

Oh, and may the Force be with you!!!WOOOOSH!!!!

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I was unaware of that, but I did post this:

So why not an SWTOR section, the game isn't yet availabe modding-wise, it was released less then one month ago, but since it already broke so many records and earned so many awards, why not a Ragezone SWTOR section?

I thought about just a discussion section to share experiences, but since files are required then I guess I'll have to wait.

Hell, I would even make my own NeoDioSWTOR if there were server files for it already.

Thanks for the replies.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think there should be a section for this aswell, I like this game alot and I think that it wont be long before someone makes a private server or they release the server software, either way, it should have a section.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There's a thread in the gaming hotspot about swotr. You can discuss everything in there really.

There's no way you'll get a section without actual server files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know. It was a reply to dell's post.

I'm 99.9% sure that there will be no section unless there are server files.

oh good point,
and i agree probably not and i think Neo knows that now as well

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Thanks for that link Alfons, I just posted there and I will also try to explain my reasons here using my post there:

Wouldn't it be fun to have a SWTOR section to post our screenshots, our guides for our favorite classes, our combinations of powers and abilities, or even just for general discussion? I would really like to be able to expand my knowledge about the game and to learn from others, since you probably noticed that the SWTOR forums are a complete chaos, 80% of the threads there are about WoW vs SWTOR -.-

I must apologize again for making this thread but I was unaware that for a game to have its own section the pserver files were needed.

But who knows if this amazing game will break an exception here on Ragezone, I honestly think it deserves it, even if it's just for discussion, guides, walkthroughs, rants, etc..

Thanks for the information and may the force be with you all :]

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about for game night man why don't you understand the difference of that sub section~~~

I do understand the difference of that subsection, I thought you mislinked and intended to link to the gaming section in general.

Plus, I don't think it'll be a success for game night. First of all people will have to buy the game and pay a monthly fee. That turns off a lot of people. The only reason we talk about it so much in spamzilla is because all of us who do talk about it, talk to eachother outside of ragezone too. Second of all it's an mmo. They will play the game on non-game nights too so everyone would be a different level.

I don't see why you've been so set on this for the past couple of days.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I think the guys are right on this one. Post your information in the gaming hotspot and possibly if there becomes enough interest/information it may get its own subsection, I think that's really the best way for anyone to judge how much information there would be and what the popularity is.

Btw, I felt this passionate about AION when it first came out too, I waited forever for it, Played some korean beta of it even, and pff, now its going free to play in Europe and I haven't been on in over a year. Just saying you can't tell how popular something is going to remain. (And yes I posted about it in gaming hotspot.)

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think the guys are right on this one. Post your information in the gaming hotspot and possibly if there becomes enough interest/information it may get its own subsection, I think that's really the best way for anyone to judge how much information there would be and what the popularity is.

Btw, I felt this passionate about AION when it first came out too, I waited forever for it, Played some korean beta of it even, and pff, now its going free to play in Europe and I haven't been on in over a year. Just saying you can't tell how popular something is going to remain. (And yes I posted about it in gaming hotspot.)

The thread right now has nothing relevant. I was asking them to make a thread in the sub section with server info, ign , class, level etc so others can know and join other ragezone users when possible but apparently no.

Also I'm so set on this because its damn boring playing an MMORPG by yourself and it'd be cool to game with other people on this forum hence why I requested the swtor guys to make one.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I didn't want to make a new thread there since Super Moderator Robert already has one there but I posted there a while ago:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f81/swtor-803615/index2.html#post6756728

I also posted there a redirect to this thread so Robert could check out my first post here.

Thanks for the advice :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The thread right now has nothing relevant. I was asking them to make a thread in the sub section with server info, ign , class, level etc so others can know and join other ragezone users when possible but apparently no.

Also I'm so set on this because its damn boring playing an MMORPG by yourself and it'd be cool to game with other people on this forum hence why I requested the swtor guys to make one.

Then make it relevant ? Or make that new thread yourself. I don't feel the need to do it. I like playing with some people from RZ but not everyone. That's why I keep posting about it on spamzilla. Not waiting on randoms to roll the same server, etc.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Then make it relevant ? Or make that new thread yourself. I don't feel the need to do it. I like playing with some people from RZ but not everyone. That's why I keep posting about it on spamzilla. Not waiting on randoms to roll the same server, etc.

Don't you think if I knew what to post I'd post it?

Hence why I asked you people who know what to post to post it.

Back