Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

An SWTOR section?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ahoy.

I've been meaning to post this on Ragezone for a long time but I was afraid of doing so because the game wasn't released it.

already won over 100 awards BEFORE the game was launched, and it's already known as the fastest growing subscription game of all time.

It's based on a Star Wars era 3000 years before the Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker movies, it's set on the so called The Old Republic.

This MMORPG was based on Knights of The Old Republic 1 and 2, which were also highly awarded and game of the year on some gaming websites and magazines.(both which I've played, my avatar on this avatar is Darth Revan, the "hero" on KOTOR1)

So why not an SWTOR section, the game isn't yet availabe modding-wise, it was released less then one month ago, but since it already broke so many records and earned so many awards, why not a Ragezone SWTOR section?

I will leave here my BETA screenshots, I started playing BETA in October, then started officially with the Early Game Access on the 15th of December, being the official launch on the 20th December 2011.

BETA:

BETA ENDING PARTY:

(click on the screenshots for a full view)

The last one is a bit repetitive, BioWare called a BETA Ending Party and we all joined on the capital of our faction to /dance for almost one whole hour.

I went until level 25 in BETA, and I'm already on level 29 officially, I would post my screenshots, but I have over 500+ already...yeah, I'm that crazy about this game, been expecting it since 2006.

Now, what's so special about SWTOR you ask? BioWare is already very well known for games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, KOTOR's, etc... So imagine an RPG with BioWare's quality and around a 40 hour campaign for 8 different classes +PLUS+ all the MMORPG features that roam other MMO's, PvP, warzones, flashpoints, operations and etc.. With a galaxy with more then 20 enourmous planets to freely explore.

And it's not just for Star Wars fans or nerds, this Old Republic fascinates manages to addict different generations from 15 to 35 years, I even saw people on the SWTOR forums saying they play with their wifes or husbands and even with their children.

Please consider this, this game is definetely worth it. I'll just host some screenshots on this page so you can see the beauty of this game.

404_image.png

404_image.png

404_image.png

404_image.png

404_image.png

404_image.png

404_image.png

404_image.png

(also click on the screenshots to see them full size)

Thanks!

Oh, and may the Force be with you!!!WOOOOSH!!!!

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
so when it will be able to buy the game and play?

It's already out since 20th of December mate, you can find all the information about it on

I pre-ordered it back in November, so I started playing on the 15t thought, but I'm that fanatic about it lol.

Reaction score
Just to post this not-only-in-the-subscribers-section

Tbh tor is boring anyway, it's of course better than most mmos nowadays, with rather good production quality.. but it's still just another mmo with same mechanics as every other mmo have. I actually enjoyed warhammer more(with its open pvp and quests). And tor being from the SW universe alone is just not enough, especially when lightsabers are lightbulbs >.>

That's why I'm looking forward to guild wars 2, they take mmo gender to a completely different level.. level that mmos should have been on from the very beggining. I hope there will be more mmos like GW2 in the following years.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Just to post this not-only-in-the-subscribers-section

I agree on some of your points, SWTOR has some WoW features indeed and they could have done better.

But the KEY feature on SWTOR is the 40 hour single player campaign for 8 different classes BioWare style.

I still think of SWTOR as the KOTOR3 as in Knights of The Old Republic 3, an offline regular RPG game, it just has all the MMO perks...

My plan in the game is actually going through the 8 different classes campaigns and only AFTER THAT start enjoying the game as an MMO going on a PvP server.

Reaction score
to be honest, huge part of that game are those "flashpoints" or heroic quests, which are impossible to do alone(unless you do them on 6 levels higher than the recomended level is - in which case they are useless to do anyway, because you already have better gear and they don't give exp anymore), and at the same time they are also huge pain in the butt when it comes to looking for people, I HATE spamming chat with "LFG THIS LFG THAT", I hate when people spam with that, so I just skip them mostly..

also they said that your decision will affect the whole galaxy and that everyone will have his own personal story.. but that is SO not true..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
My oh my, I thought you were a SWTOR-hater but after all you think exactly like myself lol, and you do know more about SWTOR then I expected.

I'll have to divide your post to answer properly.

to be honest, huge part of that game are those "flashpoints" or heroic quests, which are impossible to do alone(unless you do them on 6 levels higher than the recomended level is - in which case they are useless to do anyway, because you already have better gear and they don't give exp anymore)

That is entirely true, after 6+ levels they become 'grey' and no xp is gained, I might have exagerated when I said I'm only role playing for now, to be honest I did a flashpoint alone last night and it actually went well, but I was 4 levels up the required level so I managed to beat it on my own with my companion dodging some elite enemies.

Heroic quests/areas I've done about 4 or 5 but it was almost randomly, as in, I get the quest and someone next to me asks if I want to help and I just accept and go for it.

So far that's the MMO part of the game that I've been playing, I'm not much of a PvP'er to be honest.

and at the same time they are also huge pain in the butt when it comes to looking for people, I HATE spamming chat with "LFG THIS LFG THAT", I hate when people spam with that, so I just skip them mostly..

LOL!! Seriously, that annoys me as hell to the point that I only set chat to "other" and I only read what happens on my end like credits, items, experience gained and etc...
It's quite sad that the chat is filled with LFG THIS AND THAT, during the BETA stage it almost never happened, people actually talked about the game and helped eachother, and had regular conversations, but now 90% of the chat is basically looking for groups.
And on the "who's online" ingame list you have the option to put LFG, but most people don't even notice that.

also they said that your decision will affect the whole galaxy and that everyone will have his own personal story.. but that is SO not true..

Here I'm fifty-fifty with agreeing with you, one on hand you're absolutely right, our decisions will NOT affect the whole galaxy, BioWare should have NEVER said that. They were referring mostly to the previous games, KOTOR1 and KOTOR2 in which your decisions really changed the outcome of the game, either being male or female, jedi or sith, you could actually have a different endgame, but on SWTOR it doesn't happen, which leads me to the next point.

But about the personal story, I have to disagree, because if you choose the light side or dark side then the plot will be different just like in the KOTOR1/2 games, most notable changes is that if decide if some characters live or die and if they keep living in your story or if they're gone forever.
I haven't played enough to fully test this though, but by "resetting" some quests after I made some light/dark choices I realized that depending on my choices, to either side with X or side with Y that will change the future of that planet at least on your side of the story, but like we both said above, it won't change the entire galaxy, just OUR story.

May the force be with you my friend :]

Reaction score
and you do know more about SWTOR then I expected.
I'm playing it after all(and quitting pretty soon also).

And about that story, so far the only change when I killed or didn't a char was that they later sent me a message with 40 credits thanking me that I didn't kill them.. And future of planet won't change at all, you kill rebelion leader, end the rebelion, OR you beat him, but instead of killing him you make him end the rebelion.. but so what, there are still rebelion forces, they are still hostile, nothing changes ever.. It's just the ol' same mmo system.

Reaction score
Unless they fix endgame fast, before the majority hit 50, the game is going to fail quickly. 1-49, I haven't had this much fun since Rift, the Imp Agent storyline is fantastic. I've almost got my second char to 50, I plan on continuing to levelling alts until either endgame is fixed or my sub runs out. Endgame is just bugged to hell. HC FP? Yeah 1 works correctly, and the majority if you wipe once you get NO loot for the rest of the instance. They are plagued by 1shotting bosses, it's quite silly. Operations are a similar story, only many things that were working in beta are now bugged... Plus normal mode Ops are retardedly easy, unless they have bugs and insta-gib you.

They spent far too long on early game, and not enough on end game. Which is stupidity as most players will spend what 5days /played getting to 50, and at least 10x that at 50.

Plus the engine they used is complete crap.

Anyway on topic, giving SWTOR it's own section isn't going to happen. WoW doesn't have one and it is FAR more popular.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Anyway on topic, giving SWTOR it's own section isn't going to happen. WoW doesn't have one and it is FAR more popular.

I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but isn't this the WoW's section:
World of Warcraft - MMORPG Developments - RaGEZONE forums

I'm confused...But as previously posted here, since there are no server files, there can't be any section like that one from WoW.

And I totally agree on the endgame. I also think that BioWare already has an expansion already being written...Something like "SWTOR: Return of the Jedi".

I actually made a wall of text about it on the SWTOR forums speculating about future expansions and new features :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unless they fix endgame fast, before the majority hit 50, the game is going to fail quickly. 1-49, I haven't had this much fun since Rift, the Imp Agent storyline is fantastic. I've almost got my second char to 50, I plan on continuing to levelling alts until either endgame is fixed or my sub runs out. Endgame is just bugged to hell. HC FP? Yeah 1 works correctly, and the majority if you wipe once you get NO loot for the rest of the instance. They are plagued by 1shotting bosses, it's quite silly. Operations are a similar story, only many things that were working in beta are now bugged... Plus normal mode Ops are retardedly easy, unless they have bugs and insta-gib you.

They spent far too long on early game, and not enough on end game. Which is stupidity as most players will spend what 5days /played getting to 50, and at least 10x that at 50.

Plus the engine they used is complete crap.

Tbh they spent more time writting shitload of dialogs and dubbing them than developing a next gen mmo or at least inventing new mechanisms.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Game hasn't even been out for a month man you guys have to give it time! :eek:tt1:

BioWare definitely won't let this game fail. Let's assume they are busy with ME3 mostly right now.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Game hasn't even been out for a month man you guys have to give it time! :eek:tt1:

Well...the game had 100 awards BEFORE it was released and it's already the fastest growing subscription game in history, it already broke dozens or records.

BioWare definitely won't let this game fail. Let's assume they are busy with ME3 mostly right now.

When you get the game, which I hope it's very soon, you will notice that on the launcher you have an option to select between the regular servers, EU and US, AND you also can choose the patch server, and they've been releasing patches/bug fixers almost on a daily basis.

And that was discussed on the SWTOR forums, SWTOR has its own BioWare division is the USA just for SWTOR, and Mass Effect has a completely different team.

And guys, BioWare is known for outstanding award winning RPG's with in-depth stories of such quality that make you go to hell and back...But this is their first MMO, and even being the first, they're doing a good job.

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but isn't this the WoW's section:
World of Warcraft - MMORPG Developments - RaGEZONE forums

I'm confused...But as previously posted here, since there are no server files, there can't be any section like that one from WoW.

And I totally agree on the endgame. I also think that BioWare already has an expansion already being written...Something like "SWTOR: Return of the Jedi".

I actually made a wall of text about it on the SWTOR forums speculating about future expansions and new features :)

Development section =/= discussion section.

New mmos are rarely get private servers of them mainly because there are fewer leaks. Companies got wise enough to simply stop it from happening.

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
looks like dc universe to me.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Development section =/= discussion section.

New mmos are rarely get private servers of them mainly because there are fewer leaks. Companies got wise enough to simply stop it from happening.

I'm sorry for jumping from thread to thread but can anyone experienced enough check if this is actually real:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f111/star-wars-old-republic-emulator-811459/

I mean, the video shows nothing, but can someone please take a look at that supposed source code?

Thanks.

EDIT: Disregard this post and this link please, it's just a survey scam...no SWTOR source files whatsoever -.-

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good Luck ^^ finding Server files
SWTOR is really good game ;D

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Good Luck ^^ finding Server files
SWTOR is really good game ;D

It was too good to be true...that "source" was just a survey scam to get a corrupt file...

I'm playing legit and on the official servers though, loving every second of the game :] Worth every cent of it ;]

Back