Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Brand New Skin

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, I work on a lot of skins.

So I'm working on a brand new one for my gaming forum. I'm not going to stop making skins until I'm 100% happy with the outcome of one of them. I think this one may be the one.

Currently, this one is still in the Photoshop, and not coded. I decided to finish one on Photoshop, and have a professional code it for me later.

I'm going to work on this one in stages. So every once and a while, stop, save it, and post it here for you guys to review. This thread will keep updating until I get the finished product. I appreciate all comments.

Currently I'm starting with the header, and will work my way down from there. Please comment on all of my work below.

If you can't tell, the homepage button in the navigation is the one clicked. When you click on a new button, it will look like the homepage button does now.

Stage 1 (4:55 - 12/14/09):
Mike - Brand New Skin - RaGEZONE Forums

Stage 2 (3:50 - 12/15/09):

Stage 3 (7:20 - 12/15/09):

Stage 4 (5:59 - 12/16/09):

Stage 5 (7:58 - 12/29/09):

Stage 6 (12:28 - 12/31/09):

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks nice.
Anyway, whats the diff between stage 1.0 and 2.0 o_o.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Looks nice.
Anyway, whats the diff between stage 1.0 and 2.0 o_o.

No difference, i opened both windows side by side, i went from one to another, like a flip book. no difference

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The only difference is the homepage tab, it has a bit more rounded corners. I just wanted to see which ones you guys liked more before I continued. Any opinions?

I will start working on the third part (which will be much more than a small update like the second part was) soon, and it will obviously be a lot better.

I'm also wondering if the tabs on it should be where they are now, or up higher to align with the word "trasion". And just have the hover thing end, like on .

Last edited:
(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Suggestion:
You know those fancy buttons with jQuery? Grey&Blue colors. They would be awesome in template I guess. Gonna try to find link and show you.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks nice starting off, reminds me of an iPhone style, couldn't see any difference in the two images posted as the users above me said.

It's pretty much a 1 pixel difference. :lol: I'll get rid of the second version. I like the first better anyway.

Suggestion:
You know those fancy buttons with jQuery? Grey&Blue colors. They would be awesome in template I guess. Gonna try to find link and show you.

Sorry, don't know what you're talking about. A link would be nice.

Thanks a lot guys.

I have around 45 minutes of free time right now, so let's see what I can accomplish.

Edit: Didn't get much done, but I did end up adding a quite nice search bar that too some time to make. I will post the version two screenshot up soon, as soon as I finish the main content box tomorrow afternoon. Please comment on the first screenshot and give me ideas.

Last edited:
Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
New version added. Search bar, and content boxes added. In the bottom box will be the actual content. The top one is a box to show gaming related things, like major gaming industry updates, and to advertise articles.

I was inspired by . Please let me know if it looks too much like GameSpot and I'll change it. Comments so far?

Stage 3 will come soon, with all the content there.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Stage 3 now released.

Stage 4 will contain the "Community" area, and a better looking "Recent Articles" section. It will pretty much tie the whole layout together, but it will not be the last stage of them all (I still need to design the other 3 pages too - which won't take very long, as it'll match the basic scheme of this page, just the "Community" area will be different).

Please comment on it so far. Remember, the Community area, I have good ideas for it, and it will make it all look better (also, the Community area will be larger than it is now, in length).

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just wait until you see Stage 4. ;) It'll be so sick. I have many wicked ideas for it. It should be released tomorrow.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Gaming forum, more like a social networking site for gamers. The profile pages will be the best part. :)

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow, looks cool. I usally don't like forum skins with those dark colors but this one is amazing.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Stage 4 is now released. Stage 5 will contain the content. I just need to think a bit about how to design it (the content will be the forum sections and stuff).

If anyone has any ideas on how to design it, I can send you the .PSD to try it out. The release date of that version is still unknown..

Please comment on stage 4. The update from stage 3 to stage 4 took around 2 straight hours of editing.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
That is hawt o_O, where do you learn all this stuff from? :O

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The forum is getting hawter <3.
Can't wait to see the stage 5. Should be hawtest.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The forum is getting hawter <3.
Can't wait to see the stage 5. Should be hawtest.

Thanks dude.

I'm thinking of cutting down "Recent Articles" from 10 articles, to just 5.

I still need ideas for the actual forum part though.. I'm a bit stuck on ideas. I need some good suggestions.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in coding this for free?

Back