Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C++] Creating an object

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hey guys, again!
This time I'm here with some C++ problems (I'm learning, you see).
I'm using Visual C++ 2008 Express just in case it matters.

Basically, I'm trying, on form_load, to create a System::Windows::Forms::WebBrowser object and dock it as System::Windows::Forms::DockStyle::Fill, but have been unsuccessful even with toiling the web.

Do you guys have any ideas? Here is what I have so far (not working, though) if you'd like to tell me where I've gone dramatically wrong.
Code:
private: System::Void Hyper_Load(System::Object^  sender, System::EventArgs^  e) {
			Browser_1 = (gcnew System::Windows::Forms::WebBrowser());
			System::Windows::Forms::WebBrowser^  Browser_1;
			this->Browser_1->Dock = System::Windows::Forms::DockStyle::Fill;
		 }

Thanks, guys.

Edit:
-
I've found a solution, here it is if you were wondering:
Code:
System::Windows::Forms::WebBrowser^  Browser_1 = (gcnew System::Windows::Forms::WebBrowser());

Now I just need to figure out how to add it to a TabPage.

Edit:
-
I've found a solution for adding a tab, I forget a '>' on one of the '->'s, how stupid can you get, aye?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It's C++/CLI. The only thing it's good for is interop between managed code and native code. It's especially pointless to learn if you don't know C++, that is, standard C++.

Back