• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Web DelphiMS, overlooked stable source?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
it seems like very little used DelphiMS source.

yeah, so far we have seen WonkaSource, v83 server, however its

not too stable, the open source that i found that is stable

would be DelphiMS, those who wants v83 server might wanna use it

it has quest, done quite well.

now we should have more people to start deving on this source,

in delphi and it would be a great and even more stable server.

as we can see that delphims has some packets already, why not

use it and develop it

the source is great but of course we need more pro devs to start

devloping the source, hence the word dev :D

of course, now it might have sucked since its only 1 people

solo-dev. but to such extent and using Delphi language, he was

able to code a stable v83 source. -> Hendi :D

its ONE of the opensource that is stable :(

some random ss of delphims in-game play i took

royalsymbol - DelphiMS, overlooked stable source? - RaGEZONE Forums

well, just to add on if you couldn't start your DelphiMS.

Here are some of the few guides you may use, as well as some notes.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/delphi-compiling-delphi-2010-a-653386/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/crea...i-source-gms-v-75-gms-v-81-ems-v-59-a-644433/

Now here are some notes to take note of after you have SVNed DelphiMS source and read
both of the guide carefully:

In your DelphiMS Source folder(DelphiMS),
go into DelphiMS/SQL Scripts and UNZIPPED(yes its ZIPPED so you UNZIPPED it)
"02 MCDB 4.3 for v0.83.zip"

why do we do that? so that in MySQL Query Browser when executing scripts, you can see mcdb-4.3-global-83-mod.sql because it can't read .zip, as simple as that.

next, we execute the SQL scripts in order.(preferably)
01 Main DB.sql
mcdb-4.3-global-83-mod.sql
03 Personal Identification Code.sql
04 Quick Slots.sql
05 Second Job Drops.sql

after executing, you may want to look at HOW TO COMPILE.TXT inside DelphiMS Source folder -> DelphiMS/HOW TO COMPILE.txt

its very important to look at these, they are the trouble i had with, yesterday
and then finally worked it out.

REMEMBER TO READ THE GUIDES FIRST THANK YOU BAI

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Instead of being in agreement with everyone above, has there been any actual evidence that it is really stable other than testimonials from people? I'm not talking about one person online. If that is the case, then most sources can run forever.

overlooked o p e n stable source thats why no people use it so now people should use it and dev it if its open source :D

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there any evidence that it is overlooked? No. Anyways http://forum.ragezone.com/f427/delp...pports-v75-v80-638125/index7.html#post5548051

Not saying it isn't stable, but instead of saying so, show evidence that it is.

well, people keep using java not delphi until i started this thread, that's why i think its overlooked...

thhis post http://forum.ragezone.com/f427/delp...pports-v75-v80-638125/index7.html#post5548051 was ->(Old 03-06-2010)

if you see below that post you gave me, it is saying
The MapleServer.exe is 082.
Does this works with GMS 083 ?

and Hendi48 is replied
I'm working on it.

but now delphims is in v83, the o p e n source v83 that is stable.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay so it is v83. Why does that have anything to do with whether or not it is stable? If it's not stable in v82, it's not going to be in v83. Do you have any idea how easy it is to make it v83? I can make a v55 source v83 as well. Stability is because of the server core, not server version. You add some bytes into a packet. The difference in memory usage is so small that you cannot even measure it. Why do you believe because it's v83, it just becomes stable from nothing.

I never said the source was not stable, but none of your arguments show anything at all. Do you know as a fact that the source can hold 50 people online at once? The problem with this forum is that just because 1 person says it is stable, the rest of the people just suddenly assume it is great. Refer to the other thread here for more similarities. I'll post about that here. Let's say C++ is the best thing to code in. If you code something, it will automatically be the best source. So let's assume if a C# based source could hold 1 player, C++ could hold 10000000. Okay. Now let's see you code the source.

Basically, it is not important which is the most stable source. It's the coding that matters. IT IS NOT THE VERSION OF THE SOURCE THAT DETERMINES THE STABILITY EITHER. I believe that my v83 server source is much much more stable than my v75 one.

Before responding with something like what you just did (it's v83 now so it's stable), give me some statistics such as running a server and having people online.

why so serious lol.. so far the open source like wonka's is like
wtf you can't even play with it whereas delphi, the open source with aran quest etc done.. we're talking about v83 cmon..
don't compare with v55 others, else which other v83 o p e n source is stable?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Vana v83 I believe is more stable than delphi (not that I have tried though) although I did see some wrong headers in vana's v83. I saw some really wrong packet opcodes in delphi too though.

Anyways Vana's source is the most reliable for now to leech things. I've used it personally to fix some packet structures in v75 and it was really helpful.

also, I never compared v55 to v83 but there wouldn't be a difference. I'd change the number 55 to 83 in mapleserverhandler and change the packet headers and would be about 70% done.

Vana's aran skills ain't working :D

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wtf does Vana's Aran skills has anything to do with stability?, Just because Delphi has it you automatically think its the best? Seriously?

yo, yo, do you think that i think its the best, yo?
no, no, i think thats what you think, yo.

thats why its overlooked stable source, yo.

yo, most people prefer aran with skills yo, so now you know, yo

Gal, yo

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Gal, yo

Stop trying to act Cool. I call you retarded because of all your arguements you've done. Start being Serious and don't act like a Ducking penis.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I hope you enjoy YO, you just ruined the dev of a delphi based sourse with your trolling, nub.
How about actually proving Moogra wrong? Nope lets use comedy to escape the fact that i have too many ***ks in my arse.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Gal, yo

Having Arans with skills doesn't make it stable. Are you 12, or just too stupid to realize this?

Why bump this?

Funny you should ask considering the fact that in doing so you're bumping it more.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back