Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DEV] Sleeve CMS - XCache - MySQLi - Templating - Object Oriented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run, but I'll find you.
Reaction score
haha very nice HK ;)

Good luck with your project, Jonty! This should be great :)

Reaction score
Created another feature. Checks if they are online before applying purchase, also reloads the users cache so credits update. If you have a MUS connection set up, you can make this update their credits whilst online.

Jonteh - [DEV] Sleeve CMS - XCache - MySQLi - Templating - Object Oriented - RaGEZONE Forums

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I ported my current housekeeping over, felt no need to create a new one. I coded it almost 2 years ago now though, so some code may be a little outdated. If I get time, I'll rewrite it. But for now, it can stay like this.

Jonteh - [DEV] Sleeve CMS - XCache - MySQLi - Templating - Object Oriented - RaGEZONE Forums

I would like to say something about the way you made the UI on the menu items. Using - as a prefix for every item is in my opinion not a good way to tell the user that this is a link to a function/feature under this specific category. When I see the menu items, they could also be a list of features that needed to be implemented. Using the » may be a better approach in this case, but I'm not saying it's the best approach.

Reaction score
I would like to say something about the way you made the UI on the menu items. Using - as a prefix for every item is in my opinion not a good way to tell the user that this is a link to a function/feature under this specific category. When I see the menu items, they could also be a list of features that needed to be implemented. Using the » may be a better approach in this case, but I'm not saying it's the best approach.

Thanks. » could be a good replacement indeed!

Sounds and looks pretty good but the Purchase Badge design could use some work.

Indeed it could. I was thinking of styling the button with the same one used for changing passwords, adding tags, etc. But as I am yet to do those pages, I'm yet to be able to steal the style. :p

Reaction score
I have not really had much time to dev lately, but I managed to pull this off lastnight:

I should mention this CMS is being developed for a hotel and when/if released it will not have every single feature advertised, as I wish this hotel to be exclusive as well as everyone being able to use an up to date CMS.

Reaction score
I should mention this CMS is being developed for a hotel and when/if released it will not have every single feature advertised, as I wish this hotel to be exclusive as well as everyone being able to use an up to date CMS.

Then I assume it is more of a showoff. Post only the things that will be released if the CMS gets released.

Reaction score
Says the guy who didn't release his cms after showing off for a month or so

Thats because it is untill today still insecure and I don't want to release exploitable CMS' because I can see all the hate coming from people like you for not releasing something safe. Besides that I don't use it. Neither have I a hotel to use it so.

Reaction score
Then I assume it is more of a showoff. Post only the things that will be released if the CMS gets released.

Every bit of progress will be posted. What is released is down to the people this is going to.

Styled the buy button as suggested:

Coded the Hot Rooms widget as well:

An expand link shows up when there is > 5 rooms loaded, and the box auto extends just like .com does/used to do.

☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What about doing something new? MVC pattern perhaps?

Gotta thank Matthew for giving me the idea to use opcode caching in the first place, without him I would never have even looked into it. Calling from a DB on every page load is so 1990s.

I used to think this aswell. But after using XCache for a while I discovered that there isn't that much of a performance difference. Its also alot easier to use MySQL rather than XCache. Sure, for pages like avatarimage etc. it comes handy but for website pages like profile, client, index etc. its better of just connecting to MySQL. If you cache user data in XCache and a user changes his motto in the client, the website wont synchronize. Just an example. Another example: let's say someone uses all their credits buying furnis in the catalogue, they no longer have credits in reality but the website thinks they have, because the cache isn't updated, this will eventually lead to someone exploiting the system buying from a possible badge shop/ other website feature You're basiclly trading security for minimal (not at all noticeable) performance, not worth it. Short story: XCache does not fit for an habbo application. And you will probably end up connecting to MySQL anyway to update records, check for poop etc.

Reaction score
What about doing something new? MVC pattern perhaps?

I used to think this aswell. But after using XCache for a while I discovered that there isn't that much of a performance difference. Its also alot easier to use MySQL rather than XCache. Sure, for pages like avatarimage etc. it comes handy but for website pages like profile, client, index etc. its better of just connecting to MySQL. If you cache user data in XCache and a user changes his motto in the client, the website wont synchronize. Just an example. Another example: let's say someone uses all their credits buying furnis in the catalogue, they no longer have credits in reality but the website thinks they have, because the cache isn't updated, this will eventually lead to someone exploiting the system buying from a possible badge shop/ other website feature You're basiclly trading security for minimal (not at all noticeable) performance, not worth it. Short story: XCache does not fit for an habbo application. And you will probably end up connecting to MySQL anyway to update records, check for poop etc.

I like OOP in PHP. And i'm actually noticing a huge difference on the hotel I've been testing this on. Load times are increased by a poop load, definitely when simple pages like a basic community page is running by standard 1-4 queries which I have slimmed down to 0 by using xcache.

Coded the tags widget as well.

Updated main post with moar screens

☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like OOP in PHP. And i'm actually noticing a huge difference on the hotel I've been testing this on. Load times are increased by a poop load, definitely when simple pages like a basic community page is running by standard 1-4 queries which I have slimmed down to 0 by using xcache.

Coded the tags widget as well.

Updated main post with moar screens

You are focusing on the wrong things man. I am speaking with experience. If you wanna follow the same path as I did, please, I learnt a lot from it, but you will regret it soon.

I don't even know
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have already thought about the things you mentioned. I am developing an Emulator alongside this which works fine with it :)

I have done the change password page. Every other option that used to be on this page is now a toggle inside the emulator via commands.

Manually set the width of those two habblet containers so they will look like the habbo ones, this looks pretty strange after being used to the habbo ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back