Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Any Porting To UE4/5 / Unity?

Reaction score
This probably isn't the best place to ask this anymore - but has anyone here managed to attempt to port Colorado, that being assets, the map, or even the heightmap to a modern engine? It would be fun to dabble and play around in it, but not something worth investing a ton of time into it doing it alone.

I assume the biggest issues is converting the .scb / .sco models into a format unreal engine likes, while retaining material and texture information. Or trying to import the heightmap.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I used to make a Blender plugin for importing .sco files, but it only supported static meshes (not skeletons and animations).
I tried exporting it to Godot and Unreal Engine. It worked fine with Godot (in Unreal it look like :poop: compare to other assets from store), but that's what made me think, if I'm going to port this game to a modern engine, I might as well make my own game from scratch. So, I just screw it and stopped thinking about it, haha.

Edit: I tried ported Colorado heightmap to Godot too but it have some problem with scale and terrain paints and shader

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a Unity WarZ project with a Colorado v1 map with textures and objects (props, items, characters in .fbx format), but with no scripts logic, water, grass, trees and roads. :p

1 - [Discussion] Any Porting To UE4/5 / Unity? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
it's better if you can create a brand new game because you can get many copyright issues with old ISS Assets, I'm making my own version of WarZ in Unreal engine

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi, can you tell me how you got the fbx files?
for static meshes i used modded R3D plugin for batch import .sco files in blender. Then batch export to .fbx
for dynamic skeleton meshes i used 3ds max 2019 with InfestMS-master plugin

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Welp, looks like Titov went and did it himself. It kinda looks like the same bs

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How tf they manage to make a whole new game on a new engine but still look like the same game from almost 10 years ago. :unsure:

It's the art style of creating assets and textures.

This looks more like games after WarZ with updated art like Shattered Skies.

Back