Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Fallout 4

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the easiest way of playing the game is going Strength & Endurance, both of these perks are really overpowered though, you could basically just go ham against a Behemoth without the use of any restorations.

By the way, how do I recruit people in my settlements? Like in the Sanctuary? I hope it doesn't require Charisma, since I never planned or bothered yet to get that perk up.

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Found the 'developers room' that half of the Internet was talking about. If you haven't found it yet, don't get your hopes up because it isn't as amazing as people have said it is.
HeavenlyGifted Is this what you need? I haven't done it myself yet.

Last edited:

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Charisma does help a lot in recruiting! You get a leader perk later on that helps out a lot!

I agree. I normally carry a suit and hat around with me. Very useful for the charismatic situations.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I hate that some quest actually requires a certain level of perks in order to finish, like the one from that vault guy who can't stop taking up jets.

And I also want Mama Murphy to stop his addiction but my charisma isn't enough, rip. They should have made an affection level for each help that you've done on their community, instead of requiring you to level Charisma to get some quest solved.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I hate that some quest actually requires a certain level of perks in order to finish, like the one from that vault guy who can't stop taking up jets.

And I also want Mama Murphy to stop his addiction but my charisma isn't enough, rip. They should have made an affection level for each help that you've done on their community, instead of requiring you to level Charisma to get some quest solved.

Is probably just to keep people playing making sure that they aren't finished within the next few weeks.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess so.

That is basically what I did in Skyrim, I completely finished the entire quest from minor to major quests, but sadly, it doesn't let me get access on all skill. I forgot what was my level at that time.

I hope they added a secret NPC that is considered the strongest one in the whole world. Just like the Ebony Warrior in Skyrim.

Reactions: Jax

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Exploring every facet of this game is so time consuming. It's amazing, this is exactly why I'm a fan of Bethesda games. So much depth.

Has anyone found the radio emitting morse code?

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Fallout 4 - Far Harbour DLC leaked. Sorry for the bump :p

Naughty.

Time for me to be a hypocrite!

So I bought Fallout 4 for the xbox one finally. After owning it for 5 days now, I'm level 33 and have 9 suits of Power Armor (mainly T-51 and 45 but yeah).

I've got quite far into the game's story too. I've literally no-lifed the poop out of it because I enjoy it so much.

Also I have a super mutant as a companion which I find pretty cool.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Fallout 4 - Far Harbour DLC leaked. Sorry for the bump :p

I recently purchased the season pass, so I'm looking forward to playing Far Harbor (amongst the many other content). Based on the weapon data extracted, there should be under water exploration. Only time will tell, though.

Naughty.

Time for me to be a hypocrite!

So I bought Fallout 4 for the xbox one finally. After owning it for 5 days now, I'm level 33 and have 9 suits of Power Armor (mainly T-51 and 45 but yeah).

I've got quite far into the game's story too. I've literally no-lifed the poop out of it because I enjoy it so much.

Also, I have a super mutant as a companion which I find pretty cool.

Out of curiosity, have you played any of the previous games? If so, what do you think of them? I'm currently on my second playthrough; focusing specifically on a sniper / chemist build.

Strong is a great companion, especially for hoarding items. Do you plan to reach max affinity with him? lolol. Also, if you're interested in finding collectible items, I highly recommend using the .

And the most important question, who are you siding with? :p:

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased the season pass, so I'm looking forward to playing Far Harbor (amongst the many other content). Based on the weapon data extracted, there should be under water exploration. Only time will tell, though.

Out of curiosity, have you played any of the previous games? If so, what do you think of them? I'm currently on my second playthrough; focusing specifically on a sniper / chemist build.

Strong is a great companion, especially for hoarding items. Do you plan to reach max affinity with him? lolol. Also, if you're interested in finding collectible items, I highly recommend using the .

And the most important question, who are you siding with? :p:

Nope. Never played any of the previous but I'm considering Fallout 3 since I still have my 360.

Also I sided with the brotherhood because why not.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Nope. Never played any of the previous but I'm considering Fallout 3 since I still have my 360.

Also I sided with the brotherhood because why not.

Damn fascist! Fallout 3 is a great game, completing it will add a lot of depth to fo4.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Wasn't able to play the New Vegas but I'm really confused when I played F3.

Why did they change the name from Enclaves to Synths? Are they even related though?

The Enclave are a faction, and the Synths belong to a completely different faction. That being, The Institute.

Rogu3
Reaction score
Wasn't able to play the New Vegas but I'm really confused when I played F3.

Why did they change the name from Enclaves to Synths? Are they even related though?
To elaborate more on what Jax said, the Enclave is not at all related to the Synths. Synths are produced by the Institute to emulate human behavior using robotics. Their purpose is to alllow the Institute to explore the Wasteland without actually leaving the Institute's HQ. Similar to a UAV, It's like an un-manned human, and there are no real repercussions to losing Synths. I won't go any further into that to avoid spoilers for people who have not played it yet.

The Enclave are a faction only seen in previous Fallout games. Ironically, the Enclave is actually fairly similar in nature, however they do not build Synths or use Synths at all for that matter. It's hard to avoid spoilers with this one, so bare with me. If you have not finished Fallout 2 & 3 and plan on playing them, do not read the following spoiler.

The Enclave is the last "surviving" faction from the Great War. It's members are said to be made up of former U.S. government / military personnel which would explain the obsession with establishment of a true government and the "old" world values and symbols of the U.S. This is why there is heavy use of the American flag and U.S. military ranks and titles. Furthermore, the Enclave is made up of the last known "pure" humans in the Wasteland. This is assuming that anyone who has been exposed to the Wasteland is no longer completely human due to the harsh effects of radiation and the Forced Evolution Virus (FEV). The founding members of the Enclave (expecting the inevitable nuclear war) believed that if the "important" people survived, most of the nation would be killed by the nuclear blasts and the spread of Communism would be halted.

The Enclave was essentially the only remnants of the U.S. Government. They stationed themselves on an oil rig which had harvested the last of the oil in the reserves before the Great War. This oil rig was run by Poseidon Oil, but it was owned and funded by he U.S. Government before the war. As such an important place, it was also equipped with very advanced technology. Including many of the weapons and armor you'll see used by the Enclave. Most important of all, the Oil rig was equipped with the technology to monitor the vaults which was also a program funded by the government. This gave the Enclave a lot of power in the years after the war because they pretty much had control of the last hope for human civilization, the vaults.

The Enclave had too much power though, and often used it for very sinister plans. In most cases, you wouldn't assume they were trying to help humanity, but only themselves. They experimented with the FEV a lot and killed many people FEV, ghouls, or neither. In the end, it led to their downfall.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ah yes my bad at that part about Synth and the Institute, I didn't bother editing my post since I knew people would understand what I would imply there.

And I started playing the whole Fallout series starting 4 and then 3, which really surprised me, when I got to see the past lives of the characters in F4, which they would mention in their personal dialogues when you are close to them, like Maccready.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Ah yes my bad at that part about Synth and the Institute, I didn't bother editing my post since I knew people would understand what I would imply there.

And I started playing the whole Fallout series starting 4 and then 3, which really surprised me, when I got to see the past lives of the characters in F4, which they would mention in their personal dialogues when you are close to them, like Maccready.
The implication was clear to me. Yeah, The Enclave have similar attributes to The Institute. However, I believe that The Institute are in the moral grey area, whilst The Enclave were not.

Rogu3
Reaction score
The implication was clear to me. Yeah, The Enclave have similar attributes to The Institute. However, I believe that The Institute are in the moral grey area, whilst The Enclave were not.
Truly depends how you look at it though. Does a good cause really justify anything?

Back