Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Error-L1: CloseClient INVALID_SOCKET - Fix [Windows7]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you try to open a server, and when you tried to connect it showed you this error ?
PHP:
Error-L1: CloseClient INVALID_SOCKET
And when you asked support, they have told you to change OS?, well not anymore !
This fix dosent require any files download. its builted in the Windows7 OS already.
* The only problem is, your GS window or Computer will begin working very slow, I'm trying to fix that.. *

Follow this acts, and it will be working just fine:
1.Locate your GameServer(gameserver.exe) it should be in 'MuFolderName/GameServer'
daninin - Error-L1: CloseClient INVALID_SOCKET - Fix [Windows7] - RaGEZONE Forums

daninin - Error-L1: CloseClient INVALID_SOCKET - Fix [Windows7] - RaGEZONE Forums

- Alright found it ? lets move on.

2.Right click it > Properties > Compatibility

- Alright, did it ? good! lets move on.

3.change 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' to checked, and change the Windows version to 'Windows 95'.

- Alright, no click Apply and run GameServer.exe (after starting everything).

And thats it! it should work. please comment if it worked to you, and say about your server files
Example: "It worked for me! I use MuServer Season 6 Episode 1.", If the community will post more then 70% that it didnt work, I'll delete my post, to not show others non-working data.
Please notice that it worked for me, and i use MU Season 3 Episode 1(1.04j)

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You should test by your own dude, s6e3 doesnt work anyway i dont have that error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had the same problem in Win7 , now , i know how to repair it, thx (y)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im use 11.11.92 and have this problem.

after minutes/hours alot ot people are disconnected for INVALID_SOCKET

Run compatibility with w 95 but crash in open

My so, w 7 ultimate x32, sql 2008

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does this actually works?, most of the time my users get disconnected under CloseClient INVALID_SOCKET, im running Windows Server 2008 R2 (Same NT level as Windows 7), i guess this "fix", changes somehow the network winsocket functionalities. Im gonna try it. By the way, i've tried it in Windows 7 and it doesnt freeze the PC, you might be using the same UDP port, if you have another GS using the same port, the CPU usage will go to 100%.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Using Windows Server 2008 R2 x64, it keeps logging "error-L1 : CloseClient INVALID_SOCKET", even if Compatibility setting is set to "Windows 95", also, consider that by doing this, by "default" the GS will work with 1 CPU only, because "Windows 95" compatibility disables all the rest of the CPU, working with just 1, you can change this by selecting the process (GameServer.exe) right click in "Set Affinity" on the Task Manager.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
on windows 2003 server sp1 u dont get this error but on other you do thats why u have to change compatibility.

i got this error btw on checking the Log, idk if this is the reason why i get dc after my players reach 14 and up.

error-L1 (12032): ResponErrorCloseClient INVALID_SOCKET
error-L2 (12032): CloseClient INVALID_SOCKET
WSARecv() failed with error 10038

i hope someone could help me with this one.

btw thanks for the TuT , im going to test it now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Roar coming from this?

error-L1 : CloseClient INVALID_SOCKET
error-L1 : CloseClient INVALID_SOCKET

Use zFile sez 8 ep 2 , windows 2008 R2 pack 2

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Guys it's been like 3 weeks now since i had this problem. Been trying to avoid asking for help. Tried to find solution myself and with help of aunties Google's. No chance so far. Can you please look into it. My machine is Dell 2950 PowerEdge. My OS on server is Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 (only because I have 16gb memory). Server is Season 6 episode 3. Thanks for every stop by and read. Appreciate any help in advance.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is that a joke or I'm too noob for this? I am the host and a cant find solution for this. Cant join my own server. Server and Login appears and as soon as I try to log in nothing happens. Animation keeps circling around and after maybe 15 seconds ''You are disconnected from server''

Back