Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

FlyFF Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Name: Malthe

Alias: Improved

Infractions: One warning, two infractions. Nothing serious.

Why are you applying:

The section currently got two moderators, whos knowledge is not that wide within FlyFF development and the FlyFF section in general.
Don't get me wrong, they're two really great and active moderators, but neither of them have been developing FlyFF, besides Error404 who made a few FlyFF related templates.
At least one moderator with a decent experience within some of the basic developments of FlyFF is what the section needs.

Why you should choose me:

I have been in the section for a few years, so I know my surroundings. I am very active, both in the section and RaGEZONE in general.
Now where the source is released, people are frequently releasing files containing backdoors to get the new servers down. Knowing which users got intentions to do so, which I do because of my three years experience in the section, would benefit the section greatly. Since I have been in the section for some time, I know which users to look out for. The FlyFF section is very different from many other sections, one of the reasons being that the development section is dead, because a lot of content have been leaked from it. Therefor the atmosphere is a little gloomy.
Most of my posts lies within the Help section, answering users concerns and issues.

Comments are as always appreciated, but please, try to keep this thread from bursting into flames.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
A moderator who can develop for the game is hardly any different from someone who can't. Essentially if your releasing + moderating you can end up power abusing ie; He doesn't like my release so I'm deleting his post. What the section needs is a good, active moderator who can uphold the rules and motivate other users to revive public development and release. If a moderator can release stuff that's just extra. :thumbup:

Also about your experience in the section regarding people releasing backdoors, I've only seen about 2-3 old members releasing backdoor'd sources/release. Also the development section isn't "dead" it's just kept closed off from the public.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
A moderator who can develop for the game is hardly any different from someone who can't. Essentially if your releasing + moderating you can end up power abusing ie; He doesn't like my release so I'm deleting his post. What the section needs is a good, active moderator who can uphold the rules and motivate other users to revive public development and release. If a moderator can release stuff that's just extra. :thumbup:

Also about your experience in the section regarding people releasing backdoors, I've only seen about 2-3 old members releasing backdoor'd sources/release. Also the development section isn't "dead" it's just kept closed off from the public.

No, but a moderator who got no idea what the releases are intended for can make it very hard for the moderator to actually moderate the thread.
I didn't say that a moderator should contribute with new tools, but just know what the current released tools are for.
80% of releases with backdoors are by old members, possibly with newly created users.
If the development section isn't used for community related developments, then i'd say it's dead. I'm not saying FlyFF development is dead, but Ragezones FlyFF development section is barely alive.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
as long as you do well by the section I have no reason to not endorse this candidate.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
100% supported. It'd be nice to have a mod who really understood how the section works.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No, but a moderator who got no idea what the releases are intended for can make it very hard for the moderator to actually moderate the thread.
I didn't say that a moderator should contribute with new tools, but just know what the current released tools are for.
80% of releases with backdoors are by old members, possibly with newly created users.
If the development section isn't used for community related developments, then i'd say it's dead. I'm not saying FlyFF development is dead, but Ragezones FlyFF development section is barely alive.

True, but it's not like people can't learn. I used to be like that when I first became a moderator but then I got used to how the section went. Unless every old member uses a proxy I doubt that they made new accounts :p (Can check IP's)

Hardly alive yes but not completely dead yet.

Will be good to have another viewpoint in the FlyFF section instead only Dell's dictatorship, even if he doesn't release anything. That's not really matter.

Because Error 404 and MentaL don't visit the section right?

Reactions: 404
Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You said you were in this section for a few years, that's incorrect. Your join date was 2 years, 3 months and 5 days ago. Few years usually defines 3 or more. Moderators also don't need to be active in development, just moderation. You also seem a bit too young to moderate such a section, and adding "nothing serious" to your infractions and warnings doesn't change the fact that you've gotten in trouble three times which IMO deems you unfit to moderate, ever.

I just really would prefer a lot of other people being a moderator more than you, and I already have a feeling your actions will be strictly biased and corrupt, basing actions on who you hate personally. It's already annoying enough seeing you stalking every post I make and countering every tiny Ducking word that I type, I'd hate to see how it is with you as a mod. Being honest I'm content with the Flyff section right now with Error and Dell. It doesn't need any more moderators.

Also isn't this like the 958th time you've applied for mod here?

Oh and here:

You are pretty stupid huh? Use the search function. IF YOU DID, you would know exactly what's wrong. Why is it so hard? I told you which folders to include, yet you still complain.
Yet when I check your post historic you've asked just as stupid questions?
But again, you're pretty stupid if you just download random server clients, and not setting a question mark. Always scan it, especially when the server name is something random like dope.

A mod that flames is a no-no.

Last edited:
i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You said you were in this section for a few years, that's incorrect. Your join date was 2 years, 3 months and 5 days ago. Few years usually defines 3 or more. Moderators also don't need to be active in development, just moderation. You also seem a bit too young to moderate such a section, and adding "nothing serious" to your infractions and warnings doesn't change the fact that you've gotten in trouble three times which IMO deems you unfit to moderate, ever.

I just really would prefer a lot of other people being a moderator more than you, and I already have a feeling your actions will be strictly biased and corrupt, basing actions on who you hate personally. It's already annoying enough seeing you stalking every post I make and countering every tiny Ducking word that I type, I'd hate to see how it is with you as a mod. Being honest I'm content with the Flyff section right now with Error and Dell. It doesn't need any more moderators.

Also isn't this like the 958th time you've applied for mod here?

Oh and here:

A mod that flames is a no-no.

When I say a few, I mean a little over two years. I think I said three, I'm not counting, so sorry for that.
I am very neutral in the section, and there isn't users that I hate more than others.
Also, a few moderators have been accepted while being 16, so I don't think that is the big issue.
This is my second application with a long delay between them.
I will do my best to be as professional as possible.
By the way, I know I used some very strong words in those posts, I will make sure it wont happen again. I know you don't like me Adler, but I got nothing against you nor any other in the section. I will work hard on it, and take the position very serious.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When I say a few, I mean a little over two years. I think I said three, I'm not counting, so sorry for that.
I am very neutral in the section, and there isn't users that I hate more than others.
Also, a few moderators have been accepted while being 16, so I don't think that is the big issue.
This is my second application with a long delay between them.
I will do my best to be as professional as possible.
By the way, I know I used some very strong words in those posts, I will make sure it wont happen again. I know you don't like me Adler, but I got nothing against you nor any other in the section. I will work hard on it, and take the position very serious.

I never said I don't like you, you just always seem to have a personal vendetta with me and it's actually I who think you dislike me.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I never said I don't like you, you just always seem to have a personal vendetta with me and it's actually I who think you dislike me.

Sorry for making it seem like that. You're a fair person and I respect the work you do.

8===D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Good luck on the application!
I don't think age will be a issue it depends on MentaL I guess.
GL again.

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If someone deserves this spot, its you.
You've been active on RaGEZONE for a very long time and your always active in the Flyff Section.

I never see you acting childish, that's a thing that you cant say about the majority of the section.

Also I know you personal and I know that your knowledge in flyff is really enormous.

Also since the fact that the FlyFF section really got less active (its true, face it), I really think it can use a new, awesome Moderator.

+1 from me buddy.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
True, but it's not like people can't learn. I used to be like that when I first became a moderator but then I got used to how the section went. Unless every old member uses a proxy I doubt that they made new accounts :p (Can check IP's)

Hardly alive yes but not completely dead yet.

Because Error 404 and MentaL don't visit the section right?

It isn't their main section if I'm correct, I'd like to see some mods who can participate and help out in the section, not just moderate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back