Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GammaMVC [Model-view-controller, PHP, Multi-Db, Multi-Themed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
topkek amirite??
Reaction score
Thanks!

GammaMVC updates:
  • MySQL has been planned to be replaced with MSSQL
  • Still thinking about the Plugin system and what impact it would have around people working together and making plugins for one main system. It could even help people learn to code since the system of making Plugins would be extremely simple and with full documentation.
  • APC caching class should be written within the next week or 2.

Theme updates:
  • Bootstrap 2 - Thinking about where the login box would be placed, currently it looks a bit weird. There will be no darker theme, unless I plan on doing it as an update in the future.
  • Gamma - Decided it would be based around a Windows 8 styled theme using
  • Mabbo - Should be started within the next week or 2, it will be need to downloaded and modified to work with GammaMVC.
  • PhoenixPHP - Scrapped because, well... no one likes it at all.
  • Housekeeping - If you have seen the Google Web Store then you pretty much know what the Housekeeping will look like.
  • Habbo Theme - Needs to be ripped, if anyone can do that for me and save me the trouble of ripping every single file. Please mail me the files; nobrain@null.net

Theme Priority:
  1. Bootstrap 2
  2. Gamma
  3. Housekeeping
  4. Habbo
  5. Mabbo

Stay tuned for more updates!

Replacing MySQL with MSSQL.. What?

Reaction score
I quite like PDO more than MySQLi.. It takes less code to do more, ja?
I use my extended mysqli class for almost a year (with some modifications over time). And your statement is wrong. I reduced todo prepared statements and params to One line. Unlike the original library where you need more then 5 lines to do that.

Reaction score
I use my extended mysqli class for almost a year (with some modifications over time). And your statement is wrong. I reduced todo prepared statements and params to One line. Unlike the original library where you need more then 5 lines to do that.

How are you going to compare your code to standard code? standard mysqli vs standard pdo, pdo is much shorter..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For you guys im done with the coding of the MySQLi Class and i love PHP.net :p

and for joopie...

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Bootstrap 2 Updates:
  • Cleaned up some form HTML
  • Put JavaScript at the bottom of the page for a speed increase
  • Starting on the Me, Community, News, Profile and Staff page. I promise it will be much sexier and better coded than Bootstrap 1.
GammaMVC updates:
  • Login check is completed
  • Some code clean up
  • PHP version check completed (Minimum version; 5.4.10)

That's all the updates for tonight, check back tomorrow :D

Reaction score
GammaMVC updates:
  • Still thinking about the Plugin system and what impact it would have around people working together and making plugins for one main system. It could even help people learn to code since the system of making Plugins would be extremely simple and with full documentation.

Stay tuned for more updates!

I actually gave it a thought and came up with good idea on how to do it, but it's actually a bit too much work.

For example each plugin would work for a theme, so you'd have to make a store with themes and plugins, give each theme and plugins an ID, moderate submitted plugins and make sure they work perfectly.

For me it all sounds like a bit much work, but if done right it could be pretty awesome.

-----

MySQLi or PDO - Nobody cares, just go with whichever you like the most - There's not even one significant advantage of one over the other.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I actually gave it a thought and came up with good idea on how to do it, but it's actually a bit too much work.

For example each plugin would work for a theme, so you'd have to make a store with themes and plugins, give each theme and plugins an ID, moderate submitted plugins and make sure they work perfectly.

For me it all sounds like a bit much work, but if done right it could be pretty awesome.

-----

MySQLi or PDO - Nobody cares, just go with whichever you like the most - There's not even one significant advantage of one over the other.

Thank you for the idea im just thinking how i gonna code it..
It will be great if it is working i gonna try to find a way to make a plugin database (on a webhost or something).
where the the peopel that usign GammaMVC can download things like addons/plugin-codes/updates and more good stuff.

Out of that this is a screen how its looks if GammaMVC throws a error:
NoBrain - GammaMVC [Model-view-controller, PHP, Multi-Db, Multi-Themed] - RaGEZONE Forums

Sorry for my english im dutch (>_<) and i do not go to school anymore (smoke all days weed).

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the idea im just thinking how i gonna code it..
It will be great if it is working i gonna try to find a way to make a plugin database (on a webhost or something).
where the the peopel that usign GammaMVC can download things like addons/plugin-codes/updates and more good stuff.

Out of that this is a screen how its looks if GammaMVC throws a error:
NoBrain - GammaMVC [Model-view-controller, PHP, Multi-Db, Multi-Themed] - RaGEZONE Forums

Sorry for my english im dutch (>_<) and i do not go to school anymore (smoke all days weed).

Could make a website and put it in an iframe within the housekeeping, but that wouldn't be effective.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pdo only wins because of wide database support and named parameters. And face it. Named parameters can be easily coded ;)Qua performance wins mysqli. As everyone use MySQL for their emulators. I stay with mysqli.
MySQLi is a little bit faster than PDO is. i'm more in for MySQLi to but nobrain loves PDO :p so thats why GammaMVC use Multi-DB support

Reaction score
Again, I must point out. Why are you going to use Mssql? You're creating more work for your self for no real reason. Mssql is more enterprise stuff and I've only ever seen business which run IIS and ASP use it. Even then the majority use MySQL still because it is simply better. Just stick to one library for the database. Neither PDO or MySQLi have anything over each other. Just stick to one. Save your self some time.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
GammaMVC will be a habbo framework and there are hotels that using MsSQL so it no a big deal to code it,
the time is no problem - time is just a illusion

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Again, I must point out. Why are you going to use Mssql? You're creating more work for your self for no real reason. Mssql is more enterprise stuff and I've only ever seen business which run IIS and ASP use it. Even then the majority use MySQL still because it is simply better. Just stick to one library for the database. Neither PDO or MySQLi have anything over each other. Just stick to one. Save your self some time.

Use MySQLi over MySQL because MySQL is outdated and MySQLi is much better because you can use prepared statements.
Also I believe almost nobody use MsSQL for server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back