• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

GMS - Like V38 Server

Reaction score

I love you! Will psot progress today! :)

EDIT: Works flawlessly! Will continue work by today. I will be using my C# Emulator for this.

ModdedMushroom - GMS - Like V38 Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unfortunately, only comes back for a little bit, then leaves. The blue moon only comes so often.

There's never enough going on to keep me entertained enough to stick around :(.

Plus each time I come back and release some amazing new tool to help the scene it ends up making things 1000x harder (for everyone) than they were before I came back.

Examples:

• I accidentally leak a packet editor and it ends up with 1000s more checks than before released, and all my awesome private hacks getting patched (I always wonder what would have happened had this never leaked).
  • I release localhosts and localhost dlls around v6x and they add much more integrated checks inside Themida protected functions.
  • I released a localhost for v97 that unintentionally showed people how to make localhosts for this generation of MapleStory.
  • I create a full HackShield auth bypass that ends up getting patched thanks to Moose's release for EMS - so I spend days updating it to their new specification and it get's patched again (bored of this now!).
  • I came back to release localhosts for v109+ and they start moving from Themida to VMProtect.
  • I release LEN and they add far greater integrated checks contained within VMProtect and Themida VMs.
I don't think it can get *much* worse, but I fear even attempting anything these days lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Plus each time I come back and release some amazing new tool to help the scene it ends up making things 1000x harder (for everyone) than they were before I came back.

Examples:

• I accidentally leak a packet editor and it ends up with 1000s more checks than before released, and all my awesome private hacks getting patched (I always wonder what would have happened had this never leaked).
  • I release localhosts and localhost dlls around v6x and they add much more integrated checks inside Themida protected functions.
  • I released a localhost for v97 that unintentionally showed people how to make localhosts for this generation of MapleStory.
  • I create a full HackShield auth bypass that ends up getting patched thanks to Moose's release for EMS - so I spend days updating it to their new specification and it get's patched again (bored of this now!).
  • I came back to release localhosts for v109+ and they start moving from Themida to VMProtect.
  • I release LEN and they add far greater integrated checks contained within VMProtect and Themida VMs.
I don't think it can get *much* worse, but I fear even attempting anything these days lol

That's why you should just create localhosts of old versions if for no other reason than for their to be a localhost available for as many versions of MS as possible in case some young and budding coder wants to work on making a vXX server. Just a suggestion :D

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score

Examples:

Hey kiki. this is obviously not the place, but I would love it if you could make an LEN.dll with the INI embedded for me. Tried getting ahold of you privately, but I fear most of the maplestory section has probably done the same.

As for fraysa - when you get it working enough for other players let me know! Will it be in c#/c++?

Reaction score
Hey kiki. this is obviously not the place, but I would love it if you could make an LEN.dll with the INI embedded for me. Tried getting ahold of you privately, but I fear most of the maplestory section has probably done the same.

As for fraysa - when you get it working enough for other players let me know! Will it be in c#/c++?

My emulator is coded in C#, this time I'm using an emulator I coded from scratch! And sure, I will post progress as soon as I have it.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
My emulator is coded in C#, this time I'm using an emulator I coded from scratch! And sure, I will post progress as soon as I have it.

Maybe we should move this to a different development thread? Haha.

Good luck! I would love to play, and possibly dabble in C# scripting if you would allow me to try some NPCs.

Reaction score
Maybe we should move this to a different development thread? Haha.

Good luck! I would love to play, and possibly dabble in C# scripting if you would allow me to try some NPCs.

Sure! Hmm, I'm still trying to figure out why the encryption doesn't work. Diamondo said they used different padding or mode probably because the AES looks the same. I'll try and guess which one is it and then open the thread once I have some progress!

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Sure! Hmm, I'm still trying to figure out why the encryption doesn't work. Diamondo said they used different padding or mode probably because the AES looks the same. I'll try and guess which one is it and then open the thread once I have some progress!
There was a guy ages ago that did a v40 Wizet server. Maybe the encryption would be the same? Wish I remembered his name//

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

LEN was patched at around v115 and I haven't made a working version since v12x.

I would love to make it and release it to the public / sell a private version, but it's now almost impossible to reverse engineer the VMProtect'd stuff to figure out what's going on. It would take more time than I can currently give to make this a reality (and then it would get patched anyway).

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score

I would love to make it and release it to the public / sell a private version, but it's now almost impossible to reverse engineer the VMProtect'd stuff to figure out what's going on. It would take more time than I can currently give to make this a reality (and then it would get patched anyway).

Well I'm running 1.17 with LEN.
:3

Plus I'm more or less looking for it for private uses, I wouldn't release it as it isn't my place to do so. The only reason I want LEN.ini embedded is because some people get stupid when they get mad.

Reaction score

Since your PMs are full and I can't figure this out.. do you know anything about v28's encryption? I tried using the regular static key and I'm getting weird data. I tried setting the Cipher's mode and padding to every possible combination (rather than ECB and PKCS7, as normal) and it's still weird. Can you check to see what's wrong maybe? Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since your PMs are full and I can't figure this out.. do you know anything about v28's encryption? I tried using the regular static key and I'm getting weird data. I tried setting the Cipher's mode and padding to every possible combination (rather than ECB and PKCS7, as normal) and it's still weird. Can you check to see what's wrong maybe? Thanks.

Pretty sure it either doesn't have the custom encryption, or it's different.

I can try to reverse engineer the encryption function a bit later on.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
^the aes for those older versions are fucked up. Skip the aes in the source and make 2 skips in the client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So far as I can tell, the encryption is exactly same code as 0.53.

There are a few (really) minor implementation differences that might be enough to make it not match up, but the custom encryption and AES key are the same (starts 0x13, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So far as I can tell, the encryption is exactly same code as 0.53.

There are a few (really) minor implementation differences that might be enough to make it not match up, but the custom encryption and AES key are the same (starts 0x13, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0).

I compared some v12 client with a v55 client and there was a difference in the aes part as far as i can remember. I just skipped the aes in the client and the source and it worked. Also it was the easiest solution lol

Reaction score
I compared some v12 client with a v55 client and there was a difference in the aes part as far as i can remember. I just skipped the aes in the client and the source and it worked. Also it was the easiest solution lol

Well, that's one way to do it xD.

EDIT: If I had a way to make it skip it in the client P;. But I think it's just being lazy, need to figure out what's the real issue here.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just skip the function.. takes like 2 minutes versus reversing the entire algorithm which takes for Ducking ever.. unless you want to waste time

Back