Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Granado Espada] Guides For Server Development

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since we don't currently have a dedicated forum section, I'll use this post to keep track of guides I write so they're easier to locate for me, as well as the users of this forum.

Dedicated GE Forum Section Request Thread

Releases:
v18 - Source Code & v28 binaries+database+tools - I had a part in these files, and I can confirm their validity and functionality.
- I had no part in these files, nor do I take any credit for their leaking, I simply found these through some investigating as I was looking to get my hands on v32 files, I am currently working on confirming the validity and functionality, as well as database compatibility with v28 for upgrading v28 -> v32. USE THESE FILES AT YOUR OWN RISK

Reference Materials:

Granado Espada Client Structure - Exactly what it says on the tin. This thread details the layout of the game client.

Tools:
v28 Server Daemon Customizable Config SQL - SQL I wrote to facilitate load distribution for various server hardware setups.

Video Guides:
- Uncut example of actual development, at least in a broad sense. This is simply a recording of my actual development process, as it pertains to implementation of the balancing standards I've already put into action. It's long-winded, but if you want to get a real idea of the scope of development and the timeframes you'll be looking at, this should give you some idea of the process and scale of the tasks you may find yourself doing. For those wishing to skip my introduction, aimed at non-developers and other viewers of my channel, I begin my development at around the 8 minute mark. Also, I'll likely remake this video in the near-future due to several instances where I simply forgot to transition the scene to capture what I'm referencing. But, again, hopefully this gives, at least, some idea as to what development looks like.

I hope that this will help to inform the community on the development process for GE. Please note that my project is HEAVILY modified compared to the v28 files that were released here.

Feel free to inquire/suggest specific guides/tutorials, and I'll see what I can do to help answer questions through the creation of either text guides or video tutorials.

~Eis

Last edited:
Back