Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can not use the client.exe from those links, you need an older client. This server is 6.0.7, so look for that client.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
have problem with server exe files. doesnt start anything.
someone can help to solve this?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you followed the instructions 100%, installed SQL and configured it correctly then 99/100 times you buggered up the INI files, and usually with password or typo's. There is 17+ pages of people asking for help and most have answers, take the time to read them, there isn't many problems left that havn't been answered already.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If you followed the instructions 100%, installed SQL and configured it correctly then 99/100 times you buggered up the INI files, and usually with password or typo's. There is 17+ pages of people asking for help and most have answers, take the time to read them, there isn't many problems left that havn't been answered already.
man, i reed all posts in this topic. but no one can't solve my problem. and YES, i'm followed instruction 100%. maybe problem in os. maybe somewhere else.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

So users are required to read through ~200 posts because the original post does not contain any sort of troubleshooting, mostly to solve problems which an experienced user could answer in the blink of an eye mostly or discuss via PM? What kinda flawed logic is that?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello everyone, before anything i wanna say, yes i've read all the pages on this topic.
I'm blocked (since 2days now) at the part 3.1.
Things not clear, someguys here says you must DL SQL express, while in the topic it's wrote only SQL server management studio (not the express). So i've tried both, and only with the Express version one, i could pass the first window who ask for login, so i put .\SQLEXPRESS.
Here it is, i create the romuser account in security, new login etc, then tick all the boxes to give me privileges, but i can't login after that with romuser and my password, it says error 18456. I've searched on the web but impossible to solve, i've reinstall 4x times already ...

Can someone tell me how to proper create the account then i can login and go further into the creation of my own serv.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

How did you solve step 2.3 with the code and the expected error?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My problem Is resolved

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No one can tell me, whats meant by

Edit: Thanks for helping guys :) I was not doing anything wrong. It was just this:

After reading all 13 pages the second time I found it. Everything online now :)

Hi everyone, i'm currently having the same error as dutchman360, he said everything online now, but i've the same problem my datacenter is orange forever ...
How to fix that ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm currently having the same error as dutchman360, he said everything online now, but i've the same problem my datacenter is orange forever ...
How to fix that ?

This was, where my problem was.

Step 2 Since I am using MSSQLserver Express you have to change each global.ini file. Change all (local) to (local)\SQLEXPRESS else Datacenter will not connect when running the RA Service Monitor.

Just try that.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello @ all,

i have a question too ;)

I use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and logged me in .\SqlExpress

Then i go to Security -> Logins and make a new user "romuser" with sql login.

Then i log out and try to log in with romuser and the password i have maked in the step before, but i cant log in.

Can anybody help me out please? What have i missed?

----------

Coenx - [Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps - RaGEZONE Forums
Originally Posted by Kiz04 Coenx - [Guide] Server 6.0.7 installation steps - RaGEZONE Forums
Hello everyone, before anything i wanna say, yes i've read all the pages on this topic.
I'm blocked (since 2days now) at the part 3.1.
Things not clear, someguys here says you must DL SQL express, while in the topic it's wrote only SQL server management studio (not the express). So i've tried both, and only with the Express version one, i could pass the first window who ask for login, so i put .\SQLEXPRESS.
Here it is, i create the romuser account in security, new login etc, then tick all the boxes to give me privileges, but i can't login after that with romuser and my password, it says error 18456. I've searched on the web but impossible to solve, i've reinstall 4x times already ...

Can someone tell me how to proper create the account then i can login and go further into the creation of my own serv.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

--------

How did u solve ur problem??

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello friend got the same mistake you can tell me how to fix the problem with the data center thanks beforehand

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Worked it out, some of the resource files were corrupted, ugh.

Bit of help please... What is causing this?? The datacenter goes online and then Errors...

hello friend can tell me how to solve the problem of coruptos files I have exactly the same error

hello friend I have exactly the same problem can you tell me how to fix it please

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Could someone revamp this guide or extend it with information in places it's lacking?
Because things such as

2.3. Replace a "<PROCESS_KEY>" text in the "PlayerCenter.ini" file by encoded secret code.

To generate a secret code execute below command in a command line.
"C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Service\PlayerCenter.ini" "playercenter.ini"

An expected "Error" message will be displayed, it contains required code.

is not very helpful unless someone has already set up a runes server before. In the above example, there's already three things the thread creator could improve: First, explain what this "secret code" actually is and which exact part of this "expected error" contains said code. Also, there should be an alternative that doesn't require cmd for those who cannot handle it.

Guides in the tutorials section should also be aimed towards people with less to no experience in SQL, regardless the title of this forum. For a reference example, check the Vindictus section:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f945/tutorial-mabinogi-heroes-setup-1107562/
To be honest, I had some help myself because I didn't manage to follow all of it, since I was entirely new to SQL at the time I made that server and I still lack experience in some things but this guide is already one of the best explained and most helpful ones around here. Together with some troubleshooting, which I have done in a seperate thread, the success rate should increase by a vast amount.

Here's a reference for a good troubleshooting thread:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f946/collection-useful-tweaks-fixes-expanding-1114939/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can someone explain me how to change the language of the client please

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great guide

I am stuck on loading zones.

DataCenter, PlayerCenter, Master etc load right away without a fail, however when I try to launch a zone, I get this error

(5) Global::Init GlobalBase::_Init()
(5) Global::Init _St->Ini.Init( IniFile )
(5) PathManageClass::Init RuInitialize_Core()
(5) PathManageClass::Init RuInitialize_NULL()
(5) ObjectDataClass [Init] LoadFile failed = data\ImageObject.DB

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Ive tried to reinstall the game and then copy the fdb/wdb again, however this didnt help.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
make sure you copy the config for server controller from the C:/Runewaker/RA Server Controller to where you installed it and then restart it, and it should look different to how yours is currently.

@Abraham911, what version fdbs/wdbs are you using?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
make sure you copy the config for server controller from the C:/Runewaker/RA Server Controller to where you installed it and then restart it, and it should look different to how yours is currently.

@Abraham911, what version fdbs/wdbs are you using?
@Beerpyrs
Hi there, and thanks for helping me out here
I am using the FDB/WDBs of the 6.0.7.2693 Client as suggested in the first post by Coenx.

Maybe the version Ive downloaded sucks - Ive tried to download the 6.0.7 client that was linked in the thread once

But the Mega-DownloadLimit is making it near impossible =/

/edit

So Ive downloaded the 6.0.7.1 Client that was linked in the thread and tested if it worked with that clients fdbs - didnt work.

So am I missing something?

I take the FDBs and WDBs without extracting and drag the folders into the Resource-folder right?

The error still is the same. =/

/edit2

So, it seems you have to copy the extracted data.fdb into the zone-folder?
Cause thats what helped just now.

Now I am here (see screen)

and the zone still doesnt start up.

Last edited:
Back