Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gunz MAJOR Update!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Here is Maiet Official Word

MAIET entertainment, Inc.
We currently want to meet up with some publishers from Southern Asia for GunZ.[Hmm Seems Gunz India Will be relaunched] - Not GunZ 2. GunZ 2 is a story for the future. I don't think that we can complete to localize GunZ 2 with Korean version simultaneously. :(

So we'll renew GunZ t...he Duel for new regions & current regions.
Actually we're preparing major update for this winter. - It's related to whole new type items. We think that it will help to re-upgrade the game system. Items are NOT designed for prem. only. We'll provide both of them - prem. & bounty. After this update, we'll redesign whole quest system for faster updates and better gameplay.

We'll announce the upcoming major update of GunZ in October or November.

Sorry forget to mention this-

MAIET entertainment, Inc.: If we need, we will improve graphics of GunZ 1.

Another Announcement Made by Venister
GunZ 1.5 is a codename for long period updates of GunZ 1. It'll include several game features that related to its gameplay.
Though we'll not change its game graphics in few terms, I expect that new systems will affect the whole gameplay.
We'll update the first patch at this winter. We'll post the update in near future.

BTW For Gunz 2 latest News And Info Join This FB page

Last edited:
Reaction score
So you're telling me new sets are more important then a new game mode.
That's interesting.
Also, I've shared quality, I didn't just drop recolored sets on RZ.
The commando set looked nice, I'll give you that but really do you think that's more important then July and Oct 2008 server files?

Come on now.

I Haven't said that, what i ment was I know nothing about Coding, maybe a bit XML but not Coding , my opinion is that Adding New items gives you more excitment In-game, I'm sure that Coding gets you there too but since I do 3D I think it's better, nothing againts coders, just saying. =]

I hope you realize that it doesn't take modelers to make a game, but it takes programmers. Here's a quick note for you a 3D modeler requires applications created by a programmer, but a programmer does not require a 3D modeler for models.

Now, while you think all of your models and sets are "cool" they also consume a vast amount of memory which ultimately throws the client into a horrid laggy state that is almost unplayable on anything below a dual core processor.

Also Stefan to respond to your PM on pijji, my email is now: jacob@pijji.net but alas MSN is being a piece of poop, if you add me just toss me a message, okay.

Jacob All i know is that Polarbear when he worked for Trinity he got a lot of people excited with his Items, so does Styx and Coldblooded, Legacy aswell, without them Trinity would have been booring because there is a limit to how much Coding can be done in GunZ, yet for Items there is none, and I understand they consume a lot of memory yet you can allways Replace the current ones instead of Adding new Items.

Also guys, Don't get me wrong here i'm not Flaming or anything just Trying to show you my Point of view here.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I totally agree with RevolutioN , c'mon guys he is trying his best to make gunz items better , in my opinion , his items are beast and it's quality is great ! Don't forget that RevolutioN is spending hours,days,months making an item , and then releasing it for someone who completely ignore his work ..

Upvote 0
Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
I hope you realize that it doesn't take modelers to make a game, but it takes programmers. Here's a quick note for you a 3D modeler requires applications created by a programmer, but a programmer does not require a 3D modeler for models.

Now, while you think all of your models and sets are "cool" they also consume a vast amount of memory which ultimately throws the client into a horrid laggy state that is almost unplayable on anything below a dual core processor.

Also Stefan to respond to your PM on pijji, my email is now: jacob@pijji.net but alas MSN is being a piece of poop, if you add me just toss me a message, okay.

Will do.

I totally agree with RevolutioN , c'mon guys he is trying his best to make gunz items better , in my opinion , his items are beast and it's quality is great ! Don't forget that RevolutioN is spending hours,days,months making an item , and then releasing it for someone who completely ignore his work ..

Don't forget how long it took Lambda to code a fully working emu.

Upvote 0
Reaction score

Thanks for your support , but let's not forget I'm not the only one Releasing stuff here, there are a lot more Talented Developers who releases their work.

Will do.

Don't forget how long it took Lambda to code a fully working emu.

Stefan is right, A lot of Coders here left their mark on GunZ , Let's put it this way , both Developers and Coders work hard, They both have contributed a lot to the GunZ Scene.

Upvote 0
What year is this?
Reaction score
These news doesnt sound like MAIET for me. Dont get me wrong. I mean that maiet never made big updates and all big updates that were upcoming werent that great like sounded or dednt came at all o.o
This just sounds too good to be real :):

Upvote 0
WowIwasSuperCringeB4
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I KNOW, I KNOW!
They plan on telling us:
"We will release GunZ The Second Duel in 2013!"
BUT their plan is to hope for the world to end in 2012, so they don't have to continue with GunZ.

Any takers? :D

Upvote 0
We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I KNOW, I KNOW!
They plan on telling us:
BUT their plan is to hope for the world to end in 2012, so they don't have to continue with GunZ.

That seems way too dramatic for them.

Upvote 0
What year is this?
Reaction score
I KNOW, I KNOW!
They plan on telling us:

Lol! Big secret of MAIET revealed :laugh:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OMFG cant wait anyways i posted this before u on gunzfactor

anyways they will improve gameplay by changing some stuff idk something that the players can enjoy

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
without them Trinity would have been booring

Without any programmers and reverse engineers(I'm not talking about coders) there wouldn't have been any Trinity gunz in the first place, or any gunz private servers for that matter.

there is a limit to how much Coding can be done in GunZ, yet for Items there is none

That is absurd, there is absolutely no limit on what can be done, the only limit is a persons knowledge.

and I understand they consume a lot of memory yet you can allways Replace the current ones instead of Adding new Items.

They're also read, loaded into memory, and displayed programmatically. There is a way to fix this memory issue anyway. Gunz loads all of the models(weapons/sets) when it loads. I know 2 programmers who are already making a system that loads the modules when they are used and unloads them when they arent in use anymore.

How would your awesome item/map or w/e making skills even serve you for gunz if people never reversed the mrs file format and implemented it to make an mrs packer/unpacker? Also lets recall how Legion made it possible to use custom maps in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
RevolutioN you can't win it from Stefan ;D.
And... Stefan is way longer on RZ then you are, you just popped out of no where with some weird commando camo set that was (to be honest) very bad lol.

On topic: Maiet is slow as usual ;D.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nope MAIET is a small company if they were Bungie they should finish it in 7 months xD

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
RevolutioN you can't win it from Stefan ;D.
And... Stefan is way longer on RZ then you are, you just popped out of no where with some weird commando camo set that was (to be honest) very bad lol.

On topic: Maiet is slow as usual ;D.

Revolution was here longer than u think.....Just like I was...Well , I was in P Servers from when GunZ Alpha(GZP) existed and Ultimate Gamers didn't have the map files for quest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back