• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Gunz Map - Chapel

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Took a closer look at it.
I wouldnt say its bad (caus it isnt) but theres just too many places where you were realy lazy (missing polygons at benches&door for example).
All textures are brebaked with a certain ammount of light, im unclear what to think about them.
You didnt set a single smooth group, your pillars cause a certain light problem that i only see when people import mesh from different games or other places.
The collision is realy dodgy in many places, while i understand why you blocked off the benches, i think youd have had been better of with not blocking them.
There arent any object lights in it, kinda dissapointing.
All in all id give it a 6.5-7/10.

Congrats on your first release though.
Sidenote, theres no visible difference between lowres light bitmap and highres bitmap due to prebaked light so you could have went with 16/4 with no visual effect and lower your overall filesize with it. (around 700kb)
Youd generaly only want a high resolution bitmap if you have shadow casting lights, all your lights only illuminate without casting shadows ever.

sir this is 10/10

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
sir this is 10/10

Nothing is perfect, neither is this.
Besides, constructive ciritism gives someone ways to improve his skills.

We all know you will do anything to nitpick someone, my dear TsunTsun Nagi-chan.

Anju - Gunz Map - Chapel - RaGEZONE Forums

I do agree with all your points though... I would also like to see a little more complexity brought into the piece. Overall it is fairly simple, which with such a small map you can really push how detailed you can be

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
sir this is 10/10

No point in having your opinion when you can't share it. He's free to give whatever remark he wants, as long as it is constructive, which it most definitely is.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
No point in having your opinion when you can't share it. He's free to give whatever remark he wants, as long as it is constructive, which it most definitely is.

We don't need yours aswell, I can give any opinion i want.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We don't need yours aswell, I can give any opinion i want.
There is no "we", Solaire pointed out what was true, anyone can give their own opinions as long as it is constructive. You pointed out "it is perfect" that's your opinion, if you wan't to share your opinion, leave others to it.
It's a great map but obviously nothing is perfect and it does need some constructive criticism from people that know what their talking about.

Back