Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

hMercury [C#] [SharpNetty] [Linq] [OS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
- Help Tickets Doesn't Works
I don't know what you've been smoking, but that works for me when not trying to pick the ticket that I've sent myself. If that makes any sense. Edit; When reading that sentence again, I might have misunderstood. But CFH works regardless. :p
- Place Same Item Doesnt Work
What is that supposed to mean? That you can't have two of the same furni in a room? Seems to work that aswell. Have you guys fixed this and forgotten to update the thread, or what? :p

Rogu3
Reaction score
Complexity of the second is lower. But hey, nobody knows what poop I'm talking about so just let them go develop.

Flaming? I think not, it's not flaming if they're valid points. :p

This project is completely bonkers, and I'm not trying to offend any of the developers. However, their methods are quite atrocious when it comes to development and releasing. I also feel there are too many developers working on one project. There are better things to be doing than redoing an entire project for absolutely no reason at all. With the amount of developers working on "hMercury" you should just write an entirely new emulator, but that's none of my business. Suppose it's easier to rewrite the exact same code differently, and call it your own.

If that's flaming, I don't know what the hell isn't.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well it's not, i can't even find it on the microsoft website. Only softonic download link's, and those are fucked up because malware.

Got a newer version then 4.5. poop doesn't work, gimme a dlink?!

enjoy.

Flaming? I think not, it's not flaming if they're valid points. :p

This project is completely bonkers, and I'm not trying to offend any of the developers. However, their methods are quite atrocious when it comes to development and releasing. I also feel there are too many developers working on one project. There are better things to be doing than redoing an entire project for absolutely no reason at all. With the amount of developers working on "hMercury" you should just write an entirely new emulator, but that's none of my business. Suppose it's easier to rewrite the exact same code differently, and call it your own.

If that's flaming, I don't know what the hell isn't.

I agree, this development project stinks and is strange. And how comes "Jamal" gets credits. He is not an developer, only a thief and releaser. That does not give people credits. Give the original source owners the credits they deserve. And better to close this thread as developing with 8 people on an existing source code, I don't call developing at all. Just renaming...

Please bare in mind, if you see a code like this:
Code:
return Groups;

Developing, or fixing something is not like this:
Code:
//return Groups;
return null;

Sorry for me being rude, but this is my opinion.

StaffChat Done.

Must say, this is a nice thing to have. But simply to build. Just fake a user id, and make it show online for rank >= 4. Nice job anyhow.

Yes, ev1lc0d3r is the username. why?

Name stealer ;s :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I agree, this development project stinks and is strange. And how comes "Jamal" gets credits. He is not an developer, only a thief and releaser. That does not give people credits. Give the original source owners the credits they deserve. And better to close this thread as developing with 8 people on an existing source code, I don't call developing at all. Just renaming...

Please bare in mind, if you see a code like this:
Code:
return Groups;

Developing, or fixing something is not like this:
Code:
//return Groups;
return null;

Sorry for me being rude, but this is my opinion.
Hi, i agree that we must give credits to original source developers, but... the other no.
We won't close this thread never, we are not you, I have investigated you and I found the project 'Aurora Emulator' which was closed because they flamed and more. And now you are bitter, and you come here to flame. The example that you have set, you're telling us we're idiots so we will treat you as such, before criticizing, see the full of the project, put real examples and and and will take you into consideration. 8 people, to do different things, I take care of fix and optimize, and the others members, do other things.

Rogu3
Reaction score
Hi, i agree that we must give credits to original source developers, but... the other no.
We won't close this thread never, we are not you, I have investigated you and I found the project 'Aurora Emulator' which was closed because they flamed and more. And now you are bitter, and you come here to flame. The example that you have set, you're telling us we're idiots so we will treat you as such, before criticizing, see the full of the project, put real examples and and and will take you into consideration. 8 people, to do different things, I take care of fix and optimize, and the others members, do other things.

I still want to know who's flaming. Imo, people like myself are angry at how disrespectful this project is towards its prior developers. A changelog is just a log of "changes", but I still see no improvement other than small unnecessary features being added. Like I said earlier, you don't need 8 developers for a rename.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I still want to know who's flaming. Imo, people like myself are angry at how disrespectful this project is towards its prior developers. A changelog is just a log of "changes", but I still see no improvement other than small unnecessary features being added. Like I said earlier, you don't need 8 developers for a rename.

And you are a Crap Moderator, Can you do your Job? And i and my team our job?
No You aren't a crap moderator, But you are hating and creating useless comments!
You can criticism, but why make a criticism without DOWNLOAD THE CODE?
Have you downloaded the code? No you never downloaded, critic our code it's a crapp? But??!! You looked our code? You can make criticism but give IDEAS, and Help, if u want. You are a MODERATOR not a Judge. Must make The Section a better place. And not make a judgement of your OPINION.

Rogu3
Reaction score

You must be an excellent judge of character. Are you implying that because I'm telling you that your project is a complete poop show, that I am a crappy moderator? If I was a bad moderator, I would just delete this project altogether for being one of the worst developments to ever exist in this section.

However, instead I'm advising you to stop trying to prove to us that this project is even worthy of ever being released and just start something new. Would you rather me tell you, "Wow, this is the greatest rename ever."

Reaction score
No You aren't a crap moderator, But you are hating and creating useless comments!
Have you downloaded the code? No you never downloaded, critic our code it's a crapp? But??!! You looked our code? You can make criticism but give IDEAS, and Help, if u want. You are a MODERATOR not a Judge. Must make The Section a better place. And not make a judgement of your OPINION.

What RaGEZONE Forum rule states Moderators cannot have their personal opinion?

If you think a Moderator is acting inappropriate you have to take it up to a Super Visor or Super Moderator. Flaming a moderator gets you most likely banned.

Rogu3
Reaction score

I'm also a user, I have downloaded your code, and I've already said "Changing code to function exactly the same is not developing". I have no problem with this project if you'd just wait to release any code until it's close to finished. You're showboating a development that's not even close to being done.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm also a user, I have downloaded your code, and I've already said "Changing code to function exactly the same is not developing". I have no problem with this project if you'd just wait to release any code until it's close to finished. You're showboating a development that's not even close to being done.

Okay Good Luck with your Job guy.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tell me the difference of this:
Code:
if(dictionary.Count > 0)
{
     // doSomething
}
And
Code:
if(dictionary.Any())
{
     // doSomething
}

Or tell me the diference of 2DArrays with Jagged Arrays

Or this
Code:
if(array != null)
{
     if(array2 != null)
     {
          // doSomething
     }
}
And
Code:
if(array != null && array2 != null)
{
     //doSomething
}

Or the diferences of use Thread Safe Dictionaries (ConcurrentDictionary, HybridDictionary, ConcurrentBag...) with Unsafed Thread Dictionaries (Dictionary, HashTable, ...)

Or this too
Code:
class Game
{
       public variables...
       public static void Game(... variables)
       {
              // hello
       }
}
Code:
struct Game
{
       public variables...
       {
              // hello
       }
}

Code:
try
{
      var room = GetRoom(0);
      room.Destroy();
}
catch (NullReferenceException e)
{
      WriteLine(e);
}
Code:
try
{
      var room = GetRoom(0);
      if(room == null)
             return;
      room.Destroy();
}
catch (Exception e)
{
      WriteLine(e);
}

All of this codes do the same work perfectly, but what is the main difference? The performance.
For me, it's very important the performance and at the same time, clean code
If we add small grains of sand ... What we get? A mountain of sand.

Rogu3
Reaction score
Code:
if(dictionary.Count > 0)
{
     // doSomething
}
And
Code:
if(dictionary.Any())
{
     // doSomething
}

Or tell me the diference of 2DArrays with Jagged Arrays

Or this
Code:
if(array != null)
{
     if(array2 != null)
     {
          // doSomething
     }
}
And
Code:
if(array != null && array2 != null)
{
     //doSomething
}

Or the diferences of use Thread Safe Dictionaries (ConcurrentDictionary, HybridDictionary, ConcurrentBag...) with Unsafed Thread Dictionaries (Dictionary, HashTable, ...)

Or this too
Code:
class Game
{
       public variables...
       {
              // hello
       }
}
Code:
struct Game
{
       public variables...
       {
              // hello
       }
}

Code:
try
{
      var room = GetRoom(0);
      room.Destroy();
}
catch (NullReferenceException e)
{
      WriteLine(e);
}
Code:
try
{
      var room = GetRoom(0);
      if(room == null)
             return;
      room.Destroy();
}
catch (Exception e)
{
      WriteLine(e);
}

All of this codes do the same work perfectly, but what is the main difference? The performance.
For me, it's very important the performance and at the same time, clean code
If we add small grains of sand ... What we get? A mountain of sand.

But why do all this when you could just tweak the code, call it Mercury and call it a day! Instead you make it seem lie some huge revamp, so big that you need to call it hMercury

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But why do all this when you could just tweak the code, call it Mercury and call it a day! Instead you make it seem lie some huge revamp, so big that you need to call it hMercury
Yes I know, but i told you only my part, not of the other members (add new features, fix feature & update releases). I some times add new features, for example: the sync of furnidata.xml (habbo) with furnis, use BigInteger class of .net, the BigInteger of others emulatores uses a decraped class, reducing ids of items and pages and I'll be adding new stuff, but now i prefer clean the project, and optimize the project takes time ...

If you look all projects are the same (except those based on 0), some one gets source of other emulator, edit it, fix several bugs likewise create more bugs, which renamed and brought to light. For example: Original Mercury.

Yes, we can make emulator 0, but I personally have no desire, nor will I have them, there are better things to do. My computer does not know, but I do not.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Code:
if(dictionary.Count > 0)
{
     // doSomething
}
And
Code:
if(dictionary.Any())
{
     // doSomething
}

Complexity of Any() is 1 whereas Count is usually N = Size();

Pretty obvious right.

Or this too
Code:
class Game
{
       public variables...
       {
              // hello
       }
}
Code:
struct Game
{
       public variables...
       {
              // hello
       }
}

Don't see why you would create a static void Game() cos you ain't gonna use it to initialise it. x)

I would wait for the moon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's probably just me but I like it better when they call it hMercury instead of Mercury (note; as far as I'm aware they didn't rename it, hMercury is the codename and not the emulator name), but that's more for section help threads which will be easier to understand, atleast for me. Posting "I have a bug in hMercury when I did this" is easier to answer/give a fix for than "I have a bug in Mercury when I did this" and need to find out for yourself if it's this version or the one Mr. Pudding or whatever his name is released a while ago or maybe a whole other edit and build.

Edit;
hMercury is a code name, like when you talk about a subject of a subject instead of actually writing "MercuryEMU or Mercury Emulator in full". Open the emulator, it is "MercuryEmulator 2.5", nothing is renamed at all. Only this topic/thread name, which honestly means nothing. -_-.
This is exactly what I mean :p.

Don't see why you would create a static void Game() cos you ain't gonna use it to initialise it. x)
Examplesssssss :blushing::wink:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Complexity of Any() is 1 whereas Count is usually N = Size();
Code:
        public static bool Any<TSource>(this IEnumerable<TSource> source) {
            if (source == null) throw Error.ArgumentNull("source"); 
            using (IEnumerator<TSource> e = source.GetEnumerator()) {
                if (e.MoveNext()) return true; 
            } 
            return false;
        } 
        public static int Count<TSource>(this IEnumerable<TSource> source) {
            if (source == null) throw Error.ArgumentNull("source");
            ICollection<TSource> collectionoft = source as ICollection<TSource>; 
            if (collectionoft != null) return collectionoft.Count;
            ICollection collection = source as ICollection; 
            if (collection != null) return collection.Count; 
            int count = 0;
            using (IEnumerator<TSource> e = source.GetEnumerator()) { 
                checked {
                    while (e.MoveNext()) count++;
                }
            } 
            return count;
        }
The main difference is that .Any() get only first value for return true, and Count get all values to get the count. In terms of performance (use of CPU), there is much difference.
PD: This code is original from .NET Framework
Yes I known, it's a bad example.
Code:
    public struct FurniData
    {
        public short Id;
        public string Name;
        public ushort X, Y;
        public bool CanSit, CanWalk;

public FurniData(short id, string name, ushort x, ushort y, bool canSit, bool canWalk)
        {
            Id = id;
            Name = name;
            X = x;
            Y = y;
            CanSit = canSit;
            CanWalk = canWalk;
        }
    }
Must be specified to compiler the purpose of each class otherwise, the compiler will create useless initiators that spending RAM.

Last edited:
R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
One question,

Will you ever get round to coding those significant little features no one ever thinks about? Such as the talking parrot, working fortune teller, American idol voting etc etc.. Or will you forget those features like everyone except Wesley.

Also, look into the path finder from Marshmallow.. It's how one should work. Calculate then move, not move then calculate.

Reaction score
The main difference is that .Any() get only first value for return true, and Count get all values to get the count. In terms of performance (use of CPU), there is much difference.

This is exactly the same what I said.

He created a method which he named after the struct and gave it type void.

He cannot instantiate his struct with any parameters.

Make a wish
Reaction score
Nice work sant0ro, Good luck with it and do not mind the reactions of others you do it great ;)

Rogu3
Reaction score
It's probably just me but I like it better when they call it hMercury instead of Mercury (note; as far as I'm aware they didn't rename it, hMercury is the codename and not the emulator name), but that's more for section help threads which will be easier to understand, atleast for me. Posting "I have a bug in hMercury when I did this" is easier to answer/give a fix for than "I have a bug in Mercury when I did this" and need to find out for yourself if it's this version or the one Mr. Pudding or whatever his name is released a while ago or maybe a whole other edit and build.

Edit;

This is exactly what I mean :p.

But the problem is that there is no legitimate premise to give it a code name. The structure is relatively similar to the original Mercury. If they waited to post this until they actually made a decent amount of changes then a code name would be called for, however imo it's just their way of getting away with a rename.

Really? This again?. Right I'm guessing your a straight up idiot, who doesn't know how to open a Emulator or a source for that matter. hMercury is a code name, like when you talk about a subject of a subject instead of actually writing "MercuryEMU or Mercury Emulator in full". Open the emulator, it is "MercuryEmulator 2.5", nothing is renamed at all. Only this topic/thread name, which honestly means nothing. -_-. Get your facts into the right state and frame of mind before bringing up about renaming again and that goes for all the others. pure jokeness some people on this forum, I swear. Get your asses from your backside and look. Instead of deleting my comment, look at this and revise it.

There is practically no difference between hMercury and Mercury yet. The fact of the matter is, if there was a huge difference you could make a code name, however if there was an actual difference between hMercury and Mercury then a rename would be called for, but I'm guessing it never will be because you're just changing code that functions exactly the same. Let me give you a dumbed down example of what you idiots are doing;

Original Sentence:
The man went to the store to buy something.
"Improved" Sentence:
The man bought something at the store.

It serves the same purpose, so why bother changing it? You're just looking for any excuse to rename it and call it your own. You want to "improve" the code? Go ahead, but don't post a thread until you actually make all the stupid little unnecessary changes. Also, you have 8 developers, but how come we're only seeing very small unnecessary changes.

You can call me an idiot, but at least I don't waste my time and this section's time pretending to be a developer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back