Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ How to edit potential in items v117 exilems server + other questions

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So... I was curious is there any way I could edit my ws or scripts in order to allow the cube to just give me the specific line of enhancement?
If there's a way, can anybody help me?

2ndly, is there a way to edit success rates in scroll to 100%? Can anybody teach me? :D

Lastly, since maplearchive is down, is there any other websites left which has the item ID / monster map ID? I need a website to help me on this one x.x

~永遠の美~
Reaction score
is there any other websites left which has the item ID

You can use the GM Tool v2 which is released somewhere in the alternative language section

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
So... I was curious is there any way I could edit my ws or scripts in order to allow the cube to just give me the specific line of enhancement?

2ndly, is there a way to edit success rates in scroll to 100%? Can anybody teach me? :D

Lastly, since maplearchive is down, is there any other websites left which has the item ID / monster map ID? I need a website to help me on this one x.x

First, for specific lines of potential during cubing, look for "useMagnify" in the source. That's where potentials are generated. It has a complex method of defining potentials, then making sure the rank is correct.

Just override it, make it set the potentials you want.

ALTERNATIVELY, under "useCashItem" handler, make the specific cube immediately override the potential lines directly, then refresh the character.

Second, yes. Edit the XMLs in the Wz folder. Then some sources will need you to run dump_items.bat if there is one.

If that doesn't work, look for a function called "getScrollSuccess" or something like that. Override it to return 100 all the time.

Last, to get IDs from any version, download HaRepacker. Use it to load your version's String.wz in your MapleStory folder. After that, dump it to combined XML files. Open them in notepad or any XML viewer to see your IDs. IDs include items, hair, skin, face, mobs, maps, skills, and anything else that has a name.

<3
Reaction score

Try HiddenStreet. It's your only option now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First, for specific lines of potential during cubing, look for "useMagnify" in the source. That's where potentials are generated. It has a complex method of defining potentials, then making sure the rank is correct.

Just override it, make it set the potentials you want.

ALTERNATIVELY, under "useCashItem" handler, make the specific cube immediately override the potential lines directly, then refresh the character.

Second, yes. Edit the XMLs in the Wz folder. Then some sources will need you to run dump_items.bat if there is one.

If that doesn't work, look for a function called "getScrollSuccess" or something like that. Override it to return 100 all the time.

Last, to get IDs from any version, download HaRepacker. Use it to load your version's String.wz in your MapleStory folder. After that, dump it to combined XML files. Open them in notepad or any XML viewer to see your IDs. IDs include items, hair, skin, face, mobs, maps, skills, and anything else that has a name.

How do you override it? If it has a complex method of defining potentials, there should be a way to override it.
I've not much experience in the coding and is still learning, is there a tutorial or could you explain more?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
How do you override it? If it has a complex method of defining potentials, there should be a way to override it.
I've not much experience in the coding and is still learning, is there a tutorial or could you explain more?

Like I said, it's in the useMagnify function. It's seriously just all there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Is it possible to help me answer one question?

How do you remove the damage cap for an ExileMS server? I Still can't figure it out. It would be fun, seeing how I plan on modifying the bosses' health to at least a billion HP

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Is it possible to help me answer one question?

How do you remove the damage cap for an ExileMS server? I Still can't figure it out. It would be fun, seeing how I plan on modifying the bosses' health to at least a billion HP

More than 2.147 bil hp would require a conversion of integer hp to long.

For increasing damage cap, I know it's possible on versions starting with hyperskills. They modified the packet that is sent when certain hyperskills are used. Just find out which hyperskill increases the damage cap, then edit info to 2 bil. Send this packet to all players.

Back