Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to fix the BIGGEST Issue?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi Ragezone member. :):

How we can fix the biggest issue with the Problem that every npc is running throught Walls (Or instant reset when cansee is active)?

How the Game can be played with this Issue? Any Solution for this? Im trying to fix it, but my know how is to low.

As Player you cant run throught Walls, and on followevent is working to, same for the Spirit from Spiritmaster is working. Only the dumb ai making this Issue....whats the Problem with the ai?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This listen so easy XD
Im searching for the way to bigin with this at least 4 weeks. Is my first time Java XD Im only doing html and css normally, but i will learn java. I´m no Idea how to start with an Navmesh. Im talking later with an friend about this.
But im confused that nobody is talking about this in this forum? I mean yeah its an open Src project for me, but when i see that some ppl making Money with Open Src Aion Server and sell them (And the Server running bad -.- My Noob Java know How server running currently better) i can understand why ppl not sharing this fixes.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This listen so easy XD
Im searching for the way to bigin with this at least 4 weeks. Is my first time Java XD Im only doing html and css normally, but i will learn java. I´m no Idea how to start with an Navmesh. Im talking later with an friend about this.
But im confused that nobody is talking about this in this forum? I mean yeah its an open Src project for me, but when i see that some ppl making Money with Open Src Aion Server and sell them (And the Server running bad -.- My Noob Java know How server running currently better) i can understand why ppl not sharing this fixes.

TLDR; There isn't anything worth using, build your own solution.

Current open-source implementations are not good, and any progressed work is closed source. Java isn't the only thing you need to understand to work with geo data, you also need to understand path-finding algorithms and 3D mathematics. The implementation is up to you, but it's not a simple task.

People aren't sharing source code because time is money. I don't mind sharing technical information on how to achieve certain goals, but I don't share source code because it defeats the purpose as to why you are emulating in the first place. I'd rather see newcomers work on their emulators and ask for help on specific topics as opposed to taking source code and leaving.

There is also the complexity of time, competent developers don't have all the time in the world to write up 20-page documents on how a protocol works in their spare time. This is how teams are usually formed because the work can be split amongst other people, problem is shortly realized that developing an emulator takes a lot of time and you normally don't get anything in return if working in a team. This leads to people leaking source code or attempting to sell it on other MMO development websites.

We also have a problem of people continuing to use old code bases with really old versions of Java SDK, for eg. take 4.0+ emulators continued use with JDK 7 from 2011. To give benefit to the people who have tackled this problem, I have seen recent upgrades to the latest stable versions of JDK but then we have the overhead of JVM plaguing the runtime performance and complexity of newer code bases.

If it's not Java, I also see C++ being used a lot in newer projects which just adds more complexity to the code readability and all the confusing stuff surrounding memory. There are many more modern solutions that understand and address the common issues surrounding Java and C++ but people in the emulation community are very stubborn and still employ such languages.

the leechers, I won't even bother explaining that, I'm sure you're well aware.

Take a look at some of the threads I've started and if something interests you but isn't written up, let me know and I can see what I can put together to help the broader RZ aion community.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I understand. Its a big problem. Many people came, get the code and leave. Thats why i not share my fixes instant XD
Its a big Problem, you take time to made an Solution and then some people grab your Code and thinking this is correct.
Im not here to get Code and let the Comm alone, im here to learn.
When you give me a Solution i have learning nothing XD
But im here to learn Java and Aion is my favorite game over years.

Im already heared from recast4j and pathfinding A*

But this is a big problem on Aion Emulators. I have no Idea how to start with this Code XD

Any Ideas that can you share? Maybe an good Site to learn about this?

At the moment im trying to fix some small Issues in this Java Code (Aion Lightning 3.9 rev5)
But i think starting from 0 with Java with an Aion Emu Server is a hard try XD
There are many bugs inside, any bugs can be fixed easy (Like the Doom Lure PulledEffect) any other bugs are so complex, like the dumb Ai with the cansee "Issue".

Im not interested in finding an ready Solution, i will code it myself (maybe with a bit help) XD

And thanks on you guys, many Member on this site are very nice and helped a lot.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I understand. Its a big problem. Many people came, get the code and leave. Thats why i not share my fixes instant XD
Its a big Problem, you take time to made an Solution and then some people grab your Code and thinking this is correct.
Im not here to get Code and let the Comm alone, im here to learn.
When you give me a Solution i have learning nothing XD
But im here to learn Java and Aion is my favorite game over years.

Im already heared from recast4j and pathfinding A*

But this is a big problem on Aion Emulators. I have no Idea how to start with this Code XD

Any Ideas that can you share? Maybe an good Site to learn about this?

At the moment im trying to fix some small Issues in this Java Code (Aion Lightning 3.9 rev5)
But i think starting from 0 with Java with an Aion Emu Server is a hard try XD
There are many bugs inside, any bugs can be fixed easy (Like the Doom Lure PulledEffect) any other bugs are so complex, like the dumb Ai with the cansee "Issue".

Im not interested in finding an ready Solution, i will code it myself (maybe with a bit help) XD

And thanks on you guys, many Member on this site are very nice and helped a lot.

It's hard to implement an algorithm like A* or 3DBB if your knowledge of programming is low, I'd recommend learning java first before anything else.

Once you know enough about Java, you can move on to understanding the emulator source code and then maybe start looking at algorithms.

Various developers in the community are already looking at this problem you mentioned(I won't mention any names), I myself am also looking at this, so I understand your frustrations. Sadly there is no quick patch to fix this problem.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
its easy to code this.

Maybe if you do it quick & dirty then yes it's easy. Line of Sight, Ray casting, Path finding, Mesh Intersection etc is not so simple.

Care to share what you have been working on? I'm interested in seeing your results :)

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
So no news from my side. My knowledge from geo is to low. Pathnodes, yes but from what? Thats my problem. My server running great now from the base, only the pathfinding is a problem, i understand how A* should work now after reading many stuff and build an own small 2d example. But whats the solution of get these pathnodes, we have geo inside. And i use zzsort´s geobuilder for my geo files at the moment. And i see how ALeKsIuS 3.0 server solved this, but i simply cant understand the .mwg file, thats my main problem. Peoples here build some files and i simply cant understand whats inside this files. Im simply tired at the moment, sitting here for hours to find a solution how i can add a layer to the ground of the .geo file, i debugging the client and the 4.6 pts, rebuild the dropsystem and much more. But my fun on any Aion source is gone i think. Ive tried to bring an paidfree public server for anyone, but i hate people that rushed any instance. Maybe i share my server next time, bcs im pissed. One year of work for nothing, bcs the geo is broken. Aion makes no fun with the mechanic of reset any npc behind a tree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So no news from my side. My knowledge from geo is to low. Pathnodes, yes but from what? Thats my problem. My server running great now from the base, only the pathfinding is a problem, i understand how A* should work now after reading many stuff and build an own small 2d example. But whats the solution of get these pathnodes, we have geo inside. And i use zzsort´s geobuilder for my geo files at the moment. And i see how ALeKsIuS 3.0 server solved this, but i simply cant understand the .mwg file, thats my main problem. Peoples here build some files and i simply cant understand whats inside this files. Im simply tired at the moment, sitting here for hours to find a solution how i can add a layer to the ground of the .geo file, i debugging the client and the 4.6 pts, rebuild the dropsystem and much more. But my fun on any Aion source is gone i think. Ive tried to bring an paidfree public server for anyone, but i hate people that rushed any instance. Maybe i share my server next time, bcs im pissed. One year of work for nothing, bcs the geo is broken. Aion makes no fun with the mechanic of reset any npc behind a tree.
The files which sell AionDoctor I create based on this .mwg ) but I don't sell files and don't share them anymore.
currently I work on A* pathfind (biggest thanks for zzsort) which I show in topic with 3.0 emu.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just think about - how player follows player:) may be you will find a good solution) think about following ai)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Geographical resolution of AION has always been a big problem, and newbies like me have been plagued with it for a long time. The hardest part is how to build a clear idea to start with.

As far as I know there are actually a lot of people who have already built a relatively sound pathfinding mechanism, they just won't choose to share it for free.

My java level is probably worse than most, but I can give some of my advice, go look for a certain 4.3 server in the forums and by analyzing its al_game.jar, it might give you a way to get started.

From qw19860616's 4.3 server

Of course, this is just a simple start, other people's suggestions in the forum may give you better ideas, and I believe you will find what you want and perfect it.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Geographical resolution of AION has always been a big problem, and newbies like me have been plagued with it for a long time. The hardest part is how to build a clear idea to start with.

As far as I know there are actually a lot of people who have already built a relatively sound pathfinding mechanism, they just won't choose to share it for free.

My java level is probably worse than most, but I can give some of my advice, go look for a certain 4.3 server in the forums and by analyzing its al_game.jar, it might give you a way to get started.

From qw19860616's 4.3 server

Of course, this is just a simple start, other people's suggestions in the forum may give you better ideas, and I believe you will find what you want and perfect it.
yeah i seen this already and downloadet, but nice, no geo inside. Maybe the guy has forgot them, or the ppl that reuploadet this file has removed it. So yeah....another broken compiled core XD

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My brother, you misunderstood, GEO file is not the main thing, I want you to see what is different inside al_game.jar, if you can find out their differences and understand, then you can almost figure out how the pathfinding system is calculated and works.

For this server-side GEO, you can use Alex's GEO 4.0, which is fully compatible. But that's not the main thing. The GEO is not the main factor in the calculation of the detour that allows the NPC to identify obstacles, the algorithm is.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
My brother, you misunderstood, GEO file is not the main thing, I want you to see what is different inside al_game.jar, if you can find out their differences and understand, then you can almost figure out how the pathfinding system is calculated and works.

For this server-side GEO, you can use Alex's GEO 4.0, which is fully compatible. But that's not the main thing. The GEO is not the main factor in the calculation of the detour that allows the NPC to identify obstacles, the algorithm is.
wtf i know XD Im not dumb. But i need simply the geo files, i know how it is builded, thats not the problem XD But without the geofiles inside i cant test in running state. The server has no collision XD wtf

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Try this GEO file to add to the server side, which is great in versions 3.0-4.3.

This 4.3 server is the face of the Chinese players, I do not quite remember whether the config inside the set area code, please remember to modify.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
and i have a navmesh too in my server. But i created this from the terrain h32 map and split it into squares, but this is simply to big. So i tried to create a smaller one from h32 and zone areas, to use only the nav thats inside the correct zones, i dont need a navmesh on the highest mountain of heiron as example. But again, im working on an 3.9 and 2.0 classic, i never worked on 4.0+ at the moment, so i have no idea what is this Alex Geo, idk, i was thinking is inside, he wrote "Parsing new geo..." and there is no .geo, no .mesh, no .cga/cgf, no .mwg and not even geo folder.

Thanks for the geo link. But im stopping at the moment, weather is great outside and i spend simply to much work in my sources XD

Upvote 0
Back