Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to set up a PServer

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tips

@WisooN- Thank you!
You may not be that fluent with the English dialect but I am very happy to have "Actually" finally gotten my private server up and running all thanks to your very simple and stream lined guide. I tried over 60 guides. Telling you man, they all failed. I just followed this directly and it worked.

Now I learned a lot while trying to do this. So I might be able to help some people in this thread.

Doing so I will start with a few people.

@Coll199-
Fix it, if you do "everything" the guide says then I'm sure you will succeeded. Saying that using the Client he provided which was "PowerSource". Some things to remember. Use client he provided. I tried with various other clients and none of them worked. You "might" be able to get one working, and "if" you do then please provide here so we could make this better! Make sure that your database has a password, and that its uses in your server.dat file, and that you properly configured the config file.

@jiyu-
Same as above, please read carefully if you haven't then please do so. ^.^
Another addition is after creating an account be sure to make"
Logontype: I'm using 1 but some peoples says its gonna be 2"
Value should be 2 as it helps you create your character. Try re-logging if, no hope, then make sure you re-read the guide he suggested and be sure to check everything over again. Can never be too careful!

@ haujiahung-
To edit your server.dat file please right click on it and click on "open with.." command assuming your using windows. (This guide is only meant for Microsoft operating systems, specifically NT systems)
Once you chose that option a prompt will show up, asking you to either search the web, or choose one yourself. Select the choose one yourself and select "notepad" as your program to open it with. I am sure you do not need instructions on how to edit it from there. ^.^

@ kirila-
I know how to stop "showing" the error, but not "fix" the error all together.
Do you exactly have all files given here and is trying everything here exactly? I could provide some support if you need.

Also you said you wanted to know when he will make the guide. Is it because you want to know how to make one? Or you just want to have one made? I simply ask, because I could provide service for helping making one. At the least find one that works with the database and the server files and such.

I hope I got everyone who needed help with this guide. Any questions or what not I could try my best to help with what little experience I have.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
its not bad ur swedish im from norway

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice guide just wondering how to create a guild and how to make the weapon prof go up.
if you could email me back that wood b great my email is: frosty9396@hotmail.com

EXCELLENT GUIDE AND IT ACTUALLY WORKS:laugh::w00t:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yall act like other guides here dont work, Steal has the best guide, and source out in my openion. Even comes with a video on how to set it up. If you need more help after the video, then I dont know what to tell you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi everyone, great guide. There's just only one problem.. I start the server, everything ok, runs great, but after 10 minutes it restarts without any message. Why? Thanks for help!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
u`ve got to remove that crapy restarter , it is in General.cs

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I do all steps,but have some problem.
1st CAN I OPEN MY SERVER WITH CONQUER ONLINE CLIENT?
2ND WHERE TO PUT ALL THIS FILES WHAT I DO WITH UR STEPS?
3ND CAN I USE QONQUER CLINE
REAPLY FAST ON MY MSN
martin_whitetiger@hotmail.com

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
kinda wrough session dont you think and darn it megauploader and rapidshare....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it keeps saying connection to the server interruptet....

EDIT: fixed that it was cause i added a password manually :O

new problem my client just crashes after logging in >_>

im using powersourceCO client

can someone link me to a working client for this release?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can someone tell me why the navicat keeps saying that theres no connections? it doesnt let me make a new database, it shows up as a paper split in half by a red swiggle, please help me with this, also theres MY SQL 60. or somethin should i get that one? i got MySQL 5.0 as told....maybe its that? can someone tell please? thanks in advance

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can someone Help me , I do everything you told in your post and when i'm connect black screen ---> Connect to account server ---> Then RESTART ...

Help please =)

H

holo

I have done everything the guide says but i get an error'' the application failed initializing properly (0x0000 135). Click ok to terminate the application.'' i think its because i didn't put the server ip right, but i dont know what my server ip is. can u plzz help me?

Back