Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Improving Sub benefits

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think it might help with Subs a bit more if a few changes were added.

• Lower the post time restriction to maybe 15 seconds instead of 30.
  • Lower the report time restriction to maybe 5/10 seconds instead of 30.
  • Allow signatures to be bigger/more characters.
  • Allow repeated year Sub buyers a ragezone email :)
  • Bigger avatar.
  • Possibly a bigger attachment allowance.

I think the benefits should reflect the sub that's bought. A 1 month Sub buyer should receive more benefits than a regular member obviously since they paid for their sub, but they shouldn't receive the same benefits as someone who paid for a year. Same thing with the 3 month and 6 month Sub purchases. The benefits should increase based on what you purchased. It might encourage more people to purchase a Sub. Or the order can be vice-versa, where the 1 months get more of a benefit than the year subs. More profit :thumbup:

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I 100% agree on these idea's.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I say sell the @rz email hosting xD

Reaction score
all ok but not the avatar bigger size well not saying its bad but do that to fit with the forum and prevent to the forum deformation :/

and signatures well if they keep inside the iframe sure xd

Smoke & Fly
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Agree with pretty much everything.
I think there should be a way to purchase a sub other than paypal. Like iDeal.

Reaction score
Problem is a lot of sites when you want to transfer the money to paypal take a huge sum of the money and scam the duck outa you.
Probably why dan hasn't used multiple donation sites...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't see the point in reducing post/report delay, the reason the delay is there isn't just to fight spam, but also when the server or your internet lags, there's a chance that the post gets posted twice or you might press post twice because you think it wasn't sent because it's been loading the 30 seconds delay prevents unwanted double posting / double thread creation / double report / double pm

also most of the time, if you needed less than 30 seconds to formulate your post, it's probably not a very useful post anyway

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't see the point in reducing post/report delay, the reason the delay is there isn't just to fight spam, but also when the server or your internet lags, there's a chance that the post gets posted twice or you might press post twice because you think it wasn't sent because it's been loading the 30 seconds delay prevents unwanted double posting / double thread creation / double report / double pm

also most of the time, if you needed less than 30 seconds to formulate your post, it's probably not a very useful post anyway

Or the fact that someone can type fast and get their point across with fewer words than most o_0 Useful != wall of text

Your argument on the post/report delay is flawed, because even with 30/60 seconds delay, it will double post in the circumstances you are referring to. Personally, I find it annoying when I'm trying to report numerous threads/posts, and having to wait 60 seconds in between each report. It may not seem like a long wait, but if you have 10 posts/threads you want to report, you are waiting a total of 6 minutes. That number keeps adding up with each additional report you want to file. It's a hassle... an unneeded hassle. The only good enough reason for the delay is to fight spam, which should be done by the Mods anyways. A sub usually (take note of the "usually") is a dedicated member who isn't a moron that's only in it for the post gain.

Goin Goin Gone!
Reaction score
I agree with all theses, except the avatar size, bigger would look glitchy, ect. But I like all the others. :)

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That would cause the 1 years to cost more. He has to rent the email hosting.
More work for dan because he has to monitor the email accounts in relation to the subs too.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That would cause the 1 years to cost more. He has to rent the email hosting.
More work for dan because he has to monitor the email accounts in relation to the subs too.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You guys already get all this:

- access to the arcade
- username change request
- new username style
- access to hidden sections
- increased pm storage
- 128x128 avatar support
- 512kb avatar upload size

and you want more? That doesn't seem quite fair to Dan.

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You guys already get all this:

- access to the arcade people still play this?
- username change request meh
- new username style meh
- access to hidden sections Already gained at Alpha rank
- increased pm storage Again, you gain this from higher ranks as well, just not as much
- 128x128 avatar support true, which is why I disregarded it
- 512kb avatar upload size yea, that's fine and dandy

and you want more? That doesn't seem quite fair to Dan.

Answers in bold. Also, there isn't much, if any difference between the sub rankings other than the length of them. I'm proposing for differences between sub rankings. As for the reporting/posting time restrictions, I was mainly speaking for myself. I can't speak for the other subs, but when I post, it's usually more than once every 30 seconds because I open multiple tabs and read each thread before making a post. The reporting measure is for the same reason. Especially in the MapleStory section, it takes awhile to report threads/posts when there are numerous ones that need to be reported at once. I'd rather get the 10 (example) reports out of the way in a short time, than spend 6 minutes of waiting + the time spent typing out the reason for the report.

Back