Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is my life over?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi everyone, well its gonna be 8 am right here and i'm supposed to be in school by 8:16. I'm 14 and still a freshman in high school. Yes i'm skipping school today. This is about the 20th time i've done this this school year. And i only started skipping entering high school. This computer is basically my life I spend more time on my comp than in school. I also get very bad grades in school. And i mean very bad like 4 F's and the rest D's. So i'm I gonna be one of those people that drop out of high school? Is it to late to change? Has anyone experienced this were they go for long periods of time not going to school? And if so how did you deal with it and did you drop out or not. I have to wait untill next year until i can drop out and if I do my parents would probably kick me out of the house and be left with no comp. :sad: Thats all I have to say and thank you for taking time of to read this.

:vegeta-s: :vegeta-s: :vegeta-s:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dont drop out. School is life. If your a failure in school your whole life is a failure. Just hit the books and study as much as you can and have some free time on the pc now and again. But dont give yur life away bcuz of a computer lol. Thats suicide.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
yea man i had probs too with school cuz I just was sitting at comp and yea i lost 1 year of my life but i understood that u MUST learn for school i was a freak too in Computer things and sat 24/7 at comp but i saw that i have to learn is very important...trust me its not so difficult ;D Just do 1 hour a day ur homework and other things for school and then u have still 23 hours to play :thumbup:

Reaction score
same here lol...Without the skipping school part... All subjects are 40 (F's) and only math and physics and chemistry are 90-100 (A - A+)

Im not gonna be accepted to high school ---> Because of that i wont be going to a Uni or College --> because of that i wont have a degree or any diplomas --> because of that im gonna be a homeless bum on the street asking for spare pennies

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thanks for everyones replies but i'm still not sure what i'm gonna do. I might take mentals advice since its the best answer out of all of them.

Reaction score
Stay in school, learn as much as you can, focus on your strengths, improve your weaknesses.

I missed tons of High School because.. well let's say a girl has her reasons ;) Luckily enough I did great and my teachers loved me enough not to mind. But I've heard schools are tougher now with attendance then a few years ago..

Anyway, computers are fun and if you are good at them continue learning about them, but if you neglect everything else at school and fail or dropout then what? Get your GED? That's better than nothing but TBH high school is supposed to be a fun time, but ALSO a time to get things done when needed to get ready for that scurry world that's out there.

And think of it this way: if you drop out and your parents kick you out or even if you stay and have to pay rent, what IF they DID take away the PC? Who will buy you another one? Believe me working minimum wage jobs and trying to get cool stuff is very hard, unless you plan on going the credit card way, and even if that your still going to be broke ;) At least as a student you can say your trying to advance yourself hehe (Not saying those that aren't can't advance themselves, they can, it's just usually harder).

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You gotta change now. If you put it off, you'll never change. Like Ex sed: "only u can cahnge things m8".

& you are one step closer to changing since you know what your problem is & realise you have to change.

We can only offer support and no nonsense advice. You must do the rest.

EDIT: A quote from some person called Erica Jong:
Erica Jong said:
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.

You know the answer. DO IT!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
caith666 said:
Hi everyone, well its gonna be 8 am right here and i'm supposed to be in school by 8:16. I'm 14 and still a freshman in high school. Yes i'm skipping school today. This is about the 20th time i've done this this school year. And i only started skipping entering high school. This computer is basically my life I spend more time on my comp than in school. I also get very bad grades in school. And i mean very bad like 4 F's and the rest D's. So i'm I gonna be one of those people that drop out of high school? Is it to late to change? Has anyone experienced this were they go for long periods of time not going to school? And if so how did you deal with it and did you drop out or not. I have to wait untill next year until i can drop out and if I do my parents would probably kick me out of the house and be left with no comp. :sad: Thats all I have to say and thank you for taking time of to read this.

Welcome to the club.
But that isn't the worst of it.
I'm sure none of you here have ever heard of fairfax, but it's a mentally psychotic ward.
What does this have to do anything with anything? Try spending a year suck in there with kids who are actually psychotic. Holy sh*t is it depressingly scarey. Luckly, it wasn't me who had to do the time, I had to go somewhere else called OverLake. It was still freaky, but less intense. Just remember, your problems aren't the worst, instead of complaining or just saying it for pitty, there are kids in the south east Asia right now with their parents and little brothers and sisters who where drowned right in front of them. Now their alone. But they still strive for life, are we really that weak? Am I really that self-centered... I hope not.

Reaction score
Lol kid, u don't drop out that early. The early years mean duck all and u don't learn that much newayz. Bummin about in the 1st year ain't gonna affect poop. But u gotta work at sum point next year

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah, makes no difference. I didn't work in high school from 1st - 4th year. I did the homework and crap but I hardly learnt anything. Then in 5th year I put effort in and it pays off. So it's not the end of the world, just be expected to work for what you want.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
caith666 said:
Thanks for everyones replies but i'm still not sure what i'm gonna do. I might take mentals advice since its the best answer out of all of them.
Thats the easy way out not the best.

good grades = good job and offcorse that you are good on the work you seek job for.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
dont try till about grade 11 then it will get hard and when poop will count for stuff and you have hard exams

like im suposded to be in school right now but i stayed home to play WoW and then i find out that my server Destromath is down

Reaction score
caith666 said:

basically what ur saying there is you like the answer that means u have to do less work

your lazy

you wont admit it to yourself

your possibly looking for something to blame - not sure how accurate that is

be honest to yourself and stop being Ducking lazy, if it matters to you then do something about it man

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
wow, i wish i could skip school =/ if i did, my dad would whoop my butt, and then my mom would come in and kick me while i lay on the ground. I was raised to know right from wrong and theres no reason to do something as "ignorant" as skip school. But i do see your problems, i have straight F's as well, and its not because of my Computer, i am just plain lazy and i find the school work to be horribly uninteresting to me. You COULD do the computer job, if that would really make you happy, but maybe you could try what i am doing, and go to a tech. school. I am going to go for car audio sales/install. well i wish the best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yeah i kno i'm lazy. But I still dont know what to do. No comment for now.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Speedhorn666 said:
The early years mean duck all and u don't learn that much newayz. Bummin about in the 1st year ain't gonna affect poop. But u gotta work at sum point next year
Hate to burst your bubble but EVERY year of high school counts. Not only are they building up for things that you need to know later (unless you just go to a really bad school... if you aren't learning anything then the school isn't doing a very good job and you might want to see if you can get into a different one), but by doing little to nothing even one year STILL effects your GPA. I mean, unless you get all A+'s in your remaining high school years your GPA is still going to suffer because of freshmen year.

Also... This is what I've noticed: High school drop outs are normally stuck at around minimum wage for their entire life. High school graduates have a better chance of getting a moderately well paying job. University graduates have a fairly easy time getting good paying jobs.

If you don't want a good paying job or you don't care about the money you might want to consider the little fact of bills, taxes, and buying new computer games/parts (or even a new computer) costs a lot of money. Parents aren't always going to be there to take care of you and the government doesn't give out enough in welfare and such for you to be able to buy good computer equipment.

Whatever your decision ends up being, Caith, I wish you luck.

Back