Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is my life over?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Your parents could send you to boadring school that way you'll have spare time but not too much....

Reaction score
Ok here is how it works, does it matter much to what your abilitys are? No they most of the time mean poop, no one cares if you can do some kind of math calculation, they don't care, you will never have to do it again, and even if you do then you probably have forgotten it by that time anyway, they don't care if you can spell a perfect sentence, and they sure as hell don't care if you know foreign languages.*

But here is the thing where they will judge you on, and that's the fact that you have no diploma the first 5 years or something from the point you dropped out, they will look at you like you are some kind of criminal, sure not all of them do, but quite some do, will you survive, sure absolutely, no big deal, but in the end i would still say go and get it.

Oh and that school/college thing being the best time of your life, it's only partially true, i for one don't believe at all that having a job and living on my own will get worse then that, if i could see the future and would see it's worse, then i really would jump of a building right now.
That line is mostly used by people who were very popular in school, and their parents had good money and the so-called perfect family life, but for most people who's parents had to really watch the money and didn't have the perfect family life, aka a normal one will like living on their own, the privacy, the not having to answer to others, and sure there will be moments when you running low on money that you wish you lived with mom and dad, or in alot of cases with only 1 because of divorced parents, but that feeling should be gone pretty soon unless you got some kind of coke or gambling problem an that you just cant take care of yourself.

So really, do it because it will make it somewhat easier for you, having 1 can't hurt, and at that age you can't do much else anyway.

*Ofcourse there are jobs which requires this, but you will have to further studies on these things anyway, so it's most of the time no big deal.

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This Question is very stupid to ask in your position becouse u want to drop the school , and spend that time playing computer thats sick , yeah I know that this is the age when u want to play games and look for some dirty pictures but not at the school time. Unless u got a job or u are 100% sure that ur friend will hire u than sure who needs school then.
U just joined high school its not too late at all to start a lil bit of learning. It will change ur life
a bum or a normal guy.

Look at Mental for example he droped it and who he became??
a forum guy?
or RsX well they both got skills in computer and design

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
See, i'm like you Caith, but I know why I didn't want to do anything, my reason was that I had no inspiration, no desire, no compelling drive to do school work, at all, I went to school to see friends, as a matter of fact years, 7, 8, 9, and 10 I did NOTHING, literally, I wrote about 8 pages of work for those 4 years, I paid for it when I went back last year, to do year 11, my maths was horrible, luckily i'm pretty cluey with maths, and by mid year I was top of my maths class, BUT its not always that easy, but by mid year, I had debts, and poop, up to my elbows, + financial/health stress (to do with my father), and I was pretty much force to leave because I wasnt going to be able to concentrate for the next half of the year, klike I wanted to, I was working4+ days a week, and with my very limited practice on my studying, I really needed every day to buckle down and try.
I dont really regret leaving that much, because I cannot perceive it happening any other way than it did.
As I am not a person of disapline in that sense, if I dont truly feel passionate towards somehting, I will do a half assed job at it, unless it is REALLLY importrant and I know it, I admit, I was very ignorent leaving school when I did, but that was my choice, and I am looking for a good job atm, so I can build up cash stores, and buy the things I need, and i'll just go back and do a Tafe type thing, minumum requirements for pass, then do a traineeship in some computer related feild, that way i'll at least be in a job I would wake up and go "sweeeet, off I go", but i've taken the hard road.

What I say to you is, sit on your bed for a day, dont go on the PC, and think, just think, real deep, find that determination to do your schooling, find that competitiveness you use on games online and twist it into a desire to compete with your friends at school, you are the only person who can make this decision, as alot of said, and alot of your views are exactly like mine were, to some extent, tho my father isnt a saint him self, and knew it was my decision.
If you do deside to leave, remember its not the end of the world, there is a big world out there, and there are some chances to do your education again, BUT remember its much harder after you're an adult, not so much no one will hold your hand, but the helping hand of your peers may disapear.

My god I type too much un-paragraphed poop.

There is no "right" path in life, do as you feel your want, and should do, mix the 2, and you should be ok.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
man, dont drop out. Sure i like the computer too, but is it worth ruining ur life over? If u drop out ull be stuck trying to get a job at lets say Mcdonalds, and they still would choose someone with a highschool diploma over you. Dont listen to mental, i mean all he does is work on these forums, how much money do u think he makes a year, AT TOPS maybe 20-25k and i mean tops, the average college graduate makes between 40-50k a year. Thats ALOT of difference, and if you ever want to have a family then you will need the money to support them, so in my opiion finish highschool ATLEAST!!! the best of luck to u!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
omg all thse posts just made me think and kinda making me wanna cry for letting my parents down. But now i know its still not to late to change my life. This computer is runing my life die now! :chair: . Well thanks for everyone's post i guess i'll just try to finish high school and worry about college later. But still lazynes always gets the best of me. Another question, should i tell my parents i havent gone to school for 20 days this school year? Or just keep it a secret untill later? Thanks again for everyones posts they been very informative.

:vegeta-s: :vegeta-s: :vegeta-s:

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Another question, should i tell my parents i havent gone to school for 20 days this school year?
This is stupid
Rule #1 of a Student never tell ur parents that u skipped school
im glad u made this decision cuze it cant turn ur life in a bad way only in a better

Reaction score
Well........ A answer to all UR PROBLEMS!

Use a computer AT school... then your doing the right thing - and you still at a computer.

Just take a lot of IT subjects - Multimedia Art Design, Information Technology (Software) info tech (hardware) n etc n etc ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now, this is a thread where i can help somone. I used have crappy grades too! Until i used my brain. Heres how i did it.
-Listen to the teacher(instead of staring at girls or doing somthing else)
-Don't hang out with the people with huge egos (not a personal attaack to some people here)
-Improve ur writing
-Spend at least a half-an hour reading over ur notes and crap every day.

It's worked for me and will work for you. I sorta used to have bad marks like that. My schools fucked amd changed their grading system to numbers 1,2,3,4. 1 being lowest and 4 being highest. Yea, easier for the teachers to remember the grading system. Now look at me 88% avg........shut up........not that good....if it wasn't for the RELIGION part of school it'd be higher.....way higher.

Noones gonna read this post. Pobably.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm sad to say that lazyness got the best of me again *sighs* I just cant force myself to go. Once again i'm skipping school.

Reaction score
caith666 said:
I'm sad to say that lazyness got the best of me again *sighs* I just cant force myself to go. Once again i'm skipping school.

just Ducking go

there are countles failures in life dont be one

if you even care you will take the advice that people have taken to write here for you

you come asking for advice and when its given you dont take it, thats like a slap in the face to everyone who even read your post

Reaction score
ok i read all the replaies and i understood that prob am from israel we are studing 12 years Regular School
High Scgool and then army and if some1 want he go to college or unvirsity...
my studing are kindly bad in einglish i have good grade and computers and many more but in the important stuff am weak... by the way the Degree test if its called in ur country in our country its call "Bagrut" (hebrew english u kow) those are very important in the high school and b4 those exams we have Shiled test that what the teacher give us to Protect our grade its kinda hard to explain.
so what my teacher told me take half hour of ur time read ur stuff that u learned in the exact day and tru to remember it if unot move on to the next stuff dont Screw ur head and try to understand,if u read once the stuff and u dont understand it dont read that again cuz u wont understand it to!
so i read ur replaies and i think to myself that its time to study i past the 2 Bagrut exams im happy but i got atleast 22 away!! im not joking if i want to get a good jobs and not to be a Street Cleaner so i net those exams to past and get good grade...
i have 1 year to study and iam of the the army am 17 yrs old i have this year and next year then army and then University or College.. so take my advise and study 30 Minutes a day like ev_13 said and Ducking listen to the teacher !! if u want to do something with ur life!!!
bye it was nice to advise u and plz think about it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Place for my story

I've read trough most of the posts and i recognise this story in myself actually.

Funny, i always used the computer alot, i still do, but im really trying to make its less.
Founds out my grades where suffering and so where my friends.
Everything felt like it was comming to me no matter what to do, i managed to get my grades just heigh enough to pass the year once more over and over again.
Last year i started on a university, it wasnt really what i expected and soon i got lazy as hell.
I didnt really skip any classes though falling asleep in one is just as bad :p even worse cuz then you have allready spend time traveling for nothing but thats besides the point.
Anyways, i dropped outa school near x-mas and started working a bit in a greenhouse for some cash.
I looked back at what i did all year and realized i spend most of my time lvl-ing up a computer characted that wouldnt ever add anything to my life. Realized i just waisted my time.
Just before i did that i met a girl that i really liked, she lives in norway and im in holland right now. I worked for a half year, making money and met her on the 4th of april.
Felt like she was a female version of me :p just someone that thinks the same way, someone i could talk to about anything, someone that i could laugh with and someone that cared for me. And i have to say that changed everything for me.

Right now im back at school studying busness management and everything is going really well. Im not so lazy anymore and never sleeping in class anymore.
Having a girlfriend in norway made me see that inorder to get what i wanted, a life with her ofcource, i just needed school, a education. And that motivation made everything more eazy to change.

I know how it feels, you wanna change everything but everytime you come to the point where you have to change its like some voice tells you you can just change some other time "one last time wont hurt". They key of failing to change to what u want is delaying.
You keep delaying stuff like "ill do my homework tomarrow" and then the day after u think "oooh still got 1 day to finish it, ill do it tomarrow" the day after that u find out it's way to much to do in 1 day and you just dont make it at all. (just and example but u get what i meen)

My personal advice is that you sould find something that can motivate you, something you really want and something that gives you a reason to do ur best. Letting your parents down is something that just hurts, i expirienced it myself, but your mum and dad saying "im proud of you" is something that, even if its not money :p, worth the effort alone.

If you are really into computers then find a study that fits that, if you cant for now then you have to realize its important to do your best right now or else you never can start on a study you like.If you really wanna change yourself then write yourself a big note , explane why you wanna change, with what purpouse and sign it yourself. Then tape it down on your bedroom door or something so you get reminded to what YOU want.

I promise you it feels good to know i changed myself, though im not really where i wanna be yet but that will come. The onlyone that can change yourself is you!
Think about what you want, and dont let yourself down.

Goodluck with this, wish you the best.

Greetz from Marcel, and my girlfriend Stine :wub2:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had the same problams last year.I hated the school.It sucked for me.I fucked myself till the middle of teh school eyar.Then something happened,and I learned a thing.

My dad got so mad at me,that he fucked my computer.He totally fuckin crashed the 6k++money putted into it.He told me then: Now I don't see a reason for u to don't study.

Now I could study.Without computer,I didn't worried aboutt anything else,so I could study and stuff.And then i went cool on school.Got really cool grades n poop.

So the best remedy for it is,Ask some1 to take the pc out tehre for sum time,till u get better at school.
It helped me and will help u.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Salt O_o said:
I had the same problams last year.I hated the school.It sucked for me.I fucked myself till the middle of teh school eyar.Then something happened,and I learned a thing.

My dad got so mad at me,that he fucked my computer.He totally fuckin crashed the 6k++money putted into it.He told me then: Now I don't see a reason for u to don't study.

Now I could study.Without computer,I didn't worried aboutt anything else,so I could study and stuff.And then i went cool on school.Got really cool grades n poop.

So the best remedy for it is,Ask some1 to take the pc out tehre for sum time,till u get better at school.
It helped me and will help u.

offtopic; If my dad whould destroy my 6k computer i whould cry, did you cry? :cry: :icon6:

Reaction score
Couples of Rules to Be More Intellgent then b4 and smarter--
1-Listen Carefully to the teacher.
2-Dont loke at Girl's Crack :D
3-Dont ask stupid questions! that note commit the idea of the Stuff that the teacher Studing.
4-Dont do Funny stuff with ur friend (i know that its very booring to stare at the teacher and do nothing but its the things u need to do to get good education).
5-Ofcourse Dont be Ruid To u teacher cuz she will tell to the Ducking Manager and then They will expaled(suspend) u or something.
6-Take A little time from ur day like hour not less its good if it will be more and Start reading the stuff that u learning at the same day and try to remember and ofcourse i strongly recommended Do ur homework dont be lazy!!!!. (its only takes 1 or 2 hours its bad?!?! Just Do It).
iam studing until 4 in the After noon so i can do it!!!, so u can!!!

Everybody loves DTB
Legend
Reaction score
Utter Dangle-Plums For Some People :)

School Was The Best Time Of My Life - I Loved My School :)

Oh And Caith - Stop Being Such A Lazy butt Nerd Who Seems To Think The Computers Your Only Output In Life.

If You Don't Pull Your Finger Out Of Your butt Soon - Your Gonna Ducking Become A Failure.
And No Matter What These People Say About Minimum Wage Jobs, You'll Only Get Them If Your The Best Person Applying For That Job, And You've Just Shown And Are Showing That Your No Suitable For The Job Because Of Your Constant Truances From School.

Back