Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is this good for a computer?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Just want to know if I have a good running computer:

Untitled - Is this good for a computer? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
It's not entirely HORRIBLE, but it will be soon be way outdated. 2GB of ram is not that much, and the processor is not that quick compared to the cheapest ones nowadays.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
no its not, if it says HP or compad walk a (or perfebly blow it up as you run) from it.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
no its not, if it says HP or compad walk a (or perfebly blow it up as you run) from it.

HP is not THAT terrible, but if you have cash to buy a computer that's decent, you should just build a budget gamer pc or w/e. It can be much better.

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The computer is okay for general use (word processing, browsing the web, etc) however if you're planning to use it for gaming you should consider an upgrade. I had the same processor (Athlon X2) in my previous computer with 2 GB RAM and onboard graphics, very similiar to yours, well, it's better than nothing, but it will be outdated soon.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For general use it's fine, but if you really want to play some big games or do advanced video editing or whatever you'll need some more. There are pretty cheap PCs out there of good quality with amazing specs. 2GB of RAM is not that much, but it all depends on what you want to use your pc for ;)

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
From what I take from your other posts your wanting to do a little bit of video editing and video capturing...to even stand a chance at doing some real editing you willl need 3 things...

1: Good processor.
2: Good GPU
3: RAM RAM RAM

So I myself would just build my own....make sure you have a 64bit OS so you can go beyond 4gb of RAM...get an Intel i5 or i7...and a good video card...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It turns on and it works ergo its fine. Don't waste money on computers I learnt that in my teenage years!

your doing it wrong.

The computer is okay for general use (word processing, browsing the web, etc) however if you're planning to use it for gaming you should consider an upgrade. I had the same processor (Athlon X2) in my previous computer with 2 GB RAM and onboard graphics, very similiar to yours, well, it's better than nothing, but it will be outdated soon.

buy/find a Pentium 3, it does all that.

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
buy/find a Pentium 3, it does all that.

All the low-end processors are roughly the same in my opinion, ofcourse there are technical differences but meh. I, myself, have a AMD FX-4100, equivalent to an Intel i3 I suppose, but I'm not much of a serious gamer, this processor is enough to keep my PC running smoothly, it isn't slow at all.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
All the low-end processors are roughly the same in my opinion, ofcourse there are technical differences but meh. I, myself, have a AMD FX-4100, equivalent to an Intel i3 I suppose, but I'm not much of a serious gamer, this processor is enough to keep my PC running smoothly, it isn't slow at all.

lol im still using my 32bit quadcore2 2.4Ghz Q6600 :D

Back